Apr 25 2013
By: neverbelow Treasure Hunter 6514 posts

Uncharted 3 the Case Study

[ Edited ]
13 replies 459 views Edited Apr 25, 2013

This game serves as a perfect case study as to why you can't give people any way to cheat that's recreatable. Also why you can't give people anything cheap in a multiplayer game. You give them a inch and they'll take a mile.

My friend blackguy wanted to play U3 and I thought ok, I haven't played in a while. Bad decision. One top of all the exhaustively discussed problems in this game I ran into another huge problem. Lagswitchers, completely obvious btw, in 3 straight matches. 2 different people. Both using the dragon and instant killing or headshotting impossible headshots and freezing while doing it.

I sent them into uc3playerreport but I don't know if they do their jobs and ban people from cinema evidence.

This game remains a complete joke. It's not even fun when people aren't cheating. Thanks for putting out this pile of crap ND B-team (more like F-team).

Message 1 of 14 (459 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 the Case Study

Apr 25, 2013
I approve this message
I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 2 of 14 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Its laughable when people say this game takes skill to play.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 3 of 14 (443 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

I'm just going to ditch it as soon as TLOU is out. Hopefully everything's better there, INCLUDING story mode.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 14 (428 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14384 posts

Apr 25, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

I'm just going to ditch it as soon as TLOU is out. Hopefully everything's better there, INCLUDING story mode.

It would be hard to make a game as bad as Uncharted 3 in terms of story.

First few chapters I was like.. Yeaaaah! This is all cool and stuff. I got shot in the chest. I knew I was still alive while running around as a kid Drake. But it was all cool, it was giving me some background, I went to France, I went to Syria, it was all going well and the plotline remained in fine spirits. I got captured by being hit by a dart.. and... That is when Marlowe reveals no one knows who Drake really is.. So we want to know the answers.

The plotline falls apart right from there and the game gets stupid from there too. The whole concept to trying to find Sully. I get it, It's fine, that all made sense. So it did start to recover itself. But as soon as it recovers itself it starts becoming a poser game again with it's ship set piece of falling apart, cool set peice.. But was it really needed? Not really. It was there for the sake of being "Look what we can do"

Then that sandstorm.. Another poser moment which wasn't even cool, it was long winded and boring to the core, after that trippy darts, fake deaths, and melting marlowe, and a really terrible end battle.

The middle and the end of the game were so out of context and just not even inline with the plot, it's okay to play, but if I wanted a game that was okay to play, surely I could have played Uncharted 2 or Drakes Fortune? The story is your selling point once your on a third game and past that point too, Unless you completely reinvent the wheel.

ND tried the cheap way of adding awe inspiring set pieces which ended up looking forced and there for the sake of trying to look cool, trying way too hard on those and seriously committed the major crime of story based gaming, forgetting your plotline.

I'm still waiting to find out who Nathan Drake really is. Oh.. Also too many characters made a complete mismatch and ended up placing them everywhere, loved more Sully, but really the missing characters which appear for a few chapters was a poor decision.

TLoU cannot be as bad as that, It's pretty hard to write a story that badly, I've written better stories than that, hell this post is written better and I'm certainly no story writer. At least it's not inconsistent.

Message 5 of 14 (421 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Apr 25, 2013
I used to play regularly even with all this BS, but it's been a good 3 weeks since I touched U3. Lets just say has been quite refreshing.
Message 6 of 14 (390 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Apr 25, 2013
it*
Message 7 of 14 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7275 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

This game takes skill to play.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 8 of 14 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 25, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

This game takes skill to play.

ha ha ha ha

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 9 of 14 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Apr 25, 2013

It takes $ to play....no wait nevermind.

It takes good internet to........... no wait nevermind.

It takes, wait what the &^^&^%* does it take.

Oh oh ooooo I know.

An R1 button.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 10 of 14 (369 Views)