Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Re: Uncharted 4: Community Internet Honor

May 11, 2013

OH no! I accidentally shot someone with my gun! MY honor! IT'S DRAINING! AAAAHHHH

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 47 (175 Views)
Welcoming Committee
12999 posts

May 11, 2013

There is no honor in any game.

If you are not there to win / Within the rules obviously.

Then you shouldn't be playing at all.

Honor is for people without a backbone when it comes to competing for things.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 47 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

OH no! I accidentally shot someone with my gun! MY honor! IT'S DRAINING! AAAAHHHH

What?! How dare you even think of pressing R1? That's it, Stunt, your picture will now be in the Uncharted Wall of Cyber-shame.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 47 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4988 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

This will be my final reply regarding this frivolity.

Spoiler
Black_MiD wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

Matt

I hide during Double Damage, but I don't consider myself a tryhard; it's just the logical thing to do, I think. I mean, why would I purposely put myself at a disadvantage when I know I'd better hide? As much as I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, I surely don't want to ruin my own, either...

No, you are in denial. Only tryhards would hide during DD. It's pathetic.

Avoiding cheap 1-melee-hit kills and other such nonsense is "pathetic"? No, sir, it's just rational...

NOT MY KDR!!!

yemen drake

It has nothing to do with KDR.

If the whole team runs around during Double Damage, since it's also the last powerplay the team that leads after double damage wins the game usually. I have never ever come back from being behind after double damage. I've taken leads after it and won games too.

It's just wrong. It's a complete game changer if you play correctly during it.

hiding is the only logical and sensible thing to do.

You're right, Aureilia, indeed you are. I should've said:

NOT MY WLR!!!

yemen drake

Whatever. If you think that playing like an idiot during DD and causing your team to lose is any sign of "honour," then who are we to argue with you? Let me just tell you one thing: for most rational people, getting killed by BS like a punch or 4 M9 shots isn't fun. However, if that's your idea of fun, that's a completely different story, but don't try to call people out just because they, unlike you, don't play like retarded doucheb@gs during one of the stupidest crutches ever invented. Personally, I don't give a flying **bleep** about my KDR or WLR.
On another note, Inigo is right. I don't want to ruin tW's thread...

This forum works like a broken phone. I say something, then my words get twisted and I am interpreted wrong on purpose. Someone else *cough* Black_MiD *cough* brought "honor" into discussion. Since he brought it up, I said I do play with honor.

I do believe there is honor in gaming. Isn't cheating for example dishonorable? I think it is. Is playing like **bleep** dishonorable? Not really, but playing like a boss is respectable. Yes, I also believe that you can be a respectable online gamer. 

id.png

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 47 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

Of course one can be a respectable gamer. This thread is just a tongue-in-cheek thing. Relax a bit, will ya?

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 47 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 11, 2013
Yup, my tongue is planted firmly in my cheek...

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 47 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12999 posts

May 11, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

This will be my final reply regarding to this frivolity.

Spoiler
Black_MiD wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

Matt

I hide during Double Damage, but I don't consider myself a tryhard; it's just the logical thing to do, I think. I mean, why would I purposely put myself at a disadvantage when I know I'd better hide? As much as I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, I surely don't want to ruin my own, either...

No, you are in denial. Only tryhards would hide during DD. It's pathetic.

Avoiding cheap 1-melee-hit kills and other such nonsense is "pathetic"? No, sir, it's just rational...

NOT MY KDR!!!

yemen drake

It has nothing to do with KDR.

If the whole team runs around during Double Damage, since it's also the last powerplay the team that leads after double damage wins the game usually. I have never ever come back from being behind after double damage. I've taken leads after it and won games too.

It's just wrong. It's a complete game changer if you play correctly during it.

hiding is the only logical and sensible thing to do.

You're right, Aureilia, indeed you are. I should've said:

NOT MY WLR!!!

yemen drake

Whatever. If you think that playing like an idiot during DD and causing your team to lose is any sign of "honour," then who are we to argue with you? Let me just tell you one thing: for most rational people, getting killed by BS like a punch or 4 M9 shots isn't fun. However, if that's your idea of fun, that's a completely different story, but don't try to call people out just because they, unlike you, don't play like retarded doucheb@gs during one of the stupidest crutches ever invented. Personally, I don't give a flying **bleep** about my KDR or WLR.
On another note, Inigo is right. I don't want to ruin tW's thread...

This forum works like a broken phone. I say something, then my words get twisted and I am interpreted wrong on purpose. Someone else *cough* Black_MiD *cough* brought "honor" into discussion. Since he brought it up, I said I do play with honor.

I do believe there is honor in gaming. Isn't cheating for example dishonorable? I think it is. Is playing like **bleep** dishonorable? Not really, but playing like a boss is respectable. Yes, I also believe that you can be a respectable online gamer. 

Many forumers here clearly lacks respect so it's no wonder I don't get my message across. I do not care if you don't share the same ideas about respect with me, but please if you're going to engage in argument, have some dignity. 

So,

Because one disagrees with you, they have no respect for you?

I'll give you cheating though, that is pretty dishonorable.

The rest though, as long as it isn't cheating, it's fair game.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 47 (132 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

May 11, 2013

OMFG

I was looking on the start page with the recent posts and I'm like "OH SHIZ THERE'S AN UNCHARTED 4 SECTION?!?!"

Then I see "Uncharted 3: General Multiplayer". :smileysad:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 47 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

May 11, 2013

Anyway. I said this already. All of you need to shut the **bleep** up about honor. All of us are disrespectful, dishonorable and/or an arsehole one way or another. Nobody's goddamn perfect. GET OVER IT.

Honor in a videogame is subjective. Unless you make a way so that we ALL have a fixed, definite meaning of honor in games and Internet, great. Otherwise shut the **bleep** up.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 47 (120 Views)
Welcoming Committee
12999 posts

May 11, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Anyway. I said this already. All of you need to shut the **bleep** up about honor. All of us are disrespectful, dishonorable and/or an arsehole one way or another. Nobody's goddamn perfect. GET OVER IT.

Honor in a videogame is subjective. Unless you make a way so that we ALL have a fixed, definite meaning of honor in games and Internet, great. Otherwise shut the **bleep** up.

Wouldn't you agree that honorable play would be just simply playing within the rules?

I mean.. I absolutely hate whack and roll... Loathe players using it, I still can't believe it's supposed to be there.

That aside though. I can't accuse them of having a lack of honor.. It's there to use and it's not like they are making themselves impossible to kill.

As far as I'm concerned the only time you lack honor or respect for fellow gamers is if you are glitching, lagswitching, aimbotting, triggerbotting or such. Basically doing anything you shouldn't be doing at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 47 (112 Views)
0 Likes