Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
698 posts

Re: Uncharted 4: Community Internet Honor

May 11, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Can we define the community Internet Honor system, that way we are all respectable players by the time Unchater 4 comes out? 

Here are things we can discuss:

I wanna know if it's Internet Honorable to use a really weak gun against noobs with the most OP gun in the game, so that I am at  a disadvantage.

I wanna know if it's Internet Honorable to go battle noobs while Double Damage is in effect (if it returns of course), so that I am at a disadvantage. 

Is it Internet Honorable to put myself at a ridiculous disadvatage so that I can brag about it on the internet?

You know stuff like that.

I'm not sure if you are trying to say that there is no honor, or that it's just being blown out of proportion, sarcasm is vague like that. Either way, I completely agree with you. Video games are like sports, when you enter a competition you don't, and shouldn't, get mercy. It's just a game so it's not like you should be emotionally scarred if you get dominated. The only kind of honor there is, is not braking the rules. In a video game, that means not using something that wasn't intended for actual gameplay. And the only thing that I can think of that falls in that category is glitching. 

There are only two reasons I put myself at a disadvantage in a game. 1) It's just not as fun for me if it gets too easy, and 2) it's incredibly enjoyable to hear people rage when I kill then with the tau. :smileyvery-happy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 31 of 47 (185 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 11, 2013
LOL so camping during Double Damage makes one less honorable?:smileysurprised:
QB, Fleet Foot, M9 ROF, Revenge are all apart of the game I wasn't aware UC3 came with a manual on how to be a honorable player, can you link me to it I wanna read it.:smileyvery-happy:
Message 32 of 47 (185 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5981 posts

May 11, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

there is no thing like honor in a game, neither do you need to brag about it...

however, there is something like fair play, don't glitch, don't go QB, Fleet foot, M9 RoF, Revenge, don't be a tryhard (bunny hopping, whack and rolling, camping during double damage), just play the game like it's meant to be played, don't abuse systems etc.

and what I also think is fair play, if I play in a party of 5 against total noobs, we decide to play without shooting people, just punch, stealth kill, pull down and bbq, not only it's fun for us as a challenge, it's fun for the opponents as well because they actually get a decent ammount of kills, I think it's a nice thing to do and more people should do it, think about it as a game of I don't know, say soccer, if I play a friendly match with friends and neighbours (kids and parents), and I'm the keeper, of course I let one of the kids on the other team score a goal by me if I'm winning anyway, that's just a normal behaviour, people should be the same in games, I'm sick of all these egocentric people who only play for their ratio's and don't respect other people, of course I'm the complete opposite of that, and I don't expect everyone else to be like me, but I would like to see a shift towards my kind of being a little more, instead of all the tryhards I see on Uncharted 3...

my previous comments aside in this thread, I kinda feel like that isn't too neccessary. I mean when I play Uncharted 3 or any game for the matter, I will play it to have fun. I won't hold back playing on someone because they seem new. Albeit I won't use the cheapest methods to kill, but I will play as I regularly do.

By nature, I'm naturally competitive I guess. So in other wordsif I were a goalie in a soccer game, I am not letting kids get a goal on me unless they actuall succeed in doing so. I mean idk about you but if I was going against experienced players in a game or any sort of medium, I would find it much more satisfying if I do good against them and they're trying as opposed to them giving me some pity and letting me get some kills or points of the sort.

photo Sniper.png
Message 33 of 47 (183 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

May 11, 2013

I find it humiliating if people go easy on me. When I started playing Crysis I knew I wasn't going to own. I just kept paying attention to how other people were playing and soon I was better than most of the players I was going against. Did I need powerplays? No. I just learned. These stupid little things obviously don't help any player get better, they are only to help the losing team have more fun. But does the losing team have more fun? Well, IMO, absolutely not. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 34 of 47 (179 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13501 posts

May 11, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@Aure ... Fine. Goddamn it, make a bad point already or something.

@Zidane No. It's only no honor if you cheat (via cheat codes, hacking, glitching advantageously, etc). If it's in the game, and it's not something ND wouldn't endorse, it's allowed and still okay. That includes not aiming, wnr, hiding in DD or M9 with RoF.

:smileylol:

I don't do bad points often :smileytongue:

Message 35 of 47 (163 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

May 11, 2013

Guiyz pls stahp 

Message 36 of 47 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

May 11, 2013

Zidane is right. Hell, I still don't understand what people's problem with Fleet Foot is... It doesn't make you invincible or anything. In fact, most FF users I come across are so focused on strafing that they can't shoot for **bleep**... I agree about QB being a cheap kickback, though.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 37 of 47 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 11, 2013

How is it cheap? Sounds like the concept of honor is involved when calling something cheap. Why not use it if it's there for you to use under the terms and  conditions of the PSN?

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 38 of 47 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

How is it cheap? Sounds like the concept of honor is involved when calling something cheap. Why not use it if it's there for you to use under the terms and  conditions of the PSN?

Stop making sense please, if you use anything in the game that is there to to be used by the player you are not an honorable player.

Also make sure during Multi Marked Man & Double Damage power plays you run out & stand in the middle of the map so the other team can catch up it's the honorable thing to do, it's very selfish of you if you don't sabotage your team so the losing side can catch & win the match.

Message 39 of 47 (125 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 12, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Stop making sense please, if you use anything in the game that is there to to be used by the player you are not an honorable player.

Also make sure during Multi Marked Man & Double Damage power plsys you run out & stand in the middle of the map so the other team can catch up it's the honorable thing to do, it's very selfish of you if you don't sabotage your team so the losing side can catch & win the match.

That's not going to make things fun for me. I want to win, not put myself at a self imposed disadvantage. Why do players here feel the need to put themselves at a self imposed disadvantage? Does it do anything special for them?

I find this phenomenon to be quite perplexing if you ask me.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 40 of 47 (119 Views)
0 Likes