Welcoming Committee
13198 posts

Re: Uncharted 4: EyeCue86's Improvements to Multiplayer

May 7, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:
Uncharted 4 will be Uncharted 4 not 2 or 3 .........get over it

I see this forum is still all about certain members getting together for a big old circle jerk, judging by the people who kudoed you.

Uncharted 4 should incorporate the best parts of both 2 and 3. It just so happens that there are better parts to 2 than 3.

You basically want ND to create Uncharted 2.5.

UC4 wll play different from both games, considering UC3 MP has been more succesful to it's predecessor it's pretty obvious ND will take the best of UC3 and evolve into something better.

2009 was 4 years ago, get with the times.

The best of UC3?

I'm seriously thinking about what they could put in Uncharted 4 and I'm struggling to come up with anything that is better in UC3 than it was in UC2.

I don't know about more successful. Uncharted 2 is pre-historic by now and still has a decent amount of players playing it. Uncharted 3 struggles to find games, without a player count I can't say for sure if it has more players online than Uncharted 2 but it sure doesn't seem like it.

My opinion is that Uncharted 2 is better in every single conceivable way. Apart from Bunny Hopping.. That thing absolutely blows, Uncharted 3 has sprint which replaced it as the new cheap thing though. So it's no better.

Bunny hopping is like Whack and Roll, could never have been intended. But they let it continue.

Sprint is just.. fair game. It's just one of the worst development decisions ever, I don't know why on earth they decided it was a good idea to allow you to run like an athlete and allow you to have the turning radius of a Sports Car.

There is very little good about Uncharted 3 to choose from. Customization... Is the main positive, but ND even messed that up.. So I should say, Customization done RIGHT would be a positive.

Uncharted 4 either needs to be near to Uncharted 2 or a completely new game like Uncharted 3 was.. Because Uncharted 3 isn't worth copying in any way. Maybe... Co-op Adventure.. But even that needs massive improvements.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 122 (187 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 7, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

I see this forum is still all about certain members getting together for a big old circle jerk, judging by the people who kudoed you.

Uncharted 4 should incorporate the best parts of both 2 and 3. It just so happens that there are better parts to 2 than 3.

UC4 wll play different from both games, considering UC3 MP has been more succesful to it's predecessor it's pretty obvious ND will take the best of UC3 and evolve into something better.

The best of UC3?

I'm seriously thinking about what they could put in Uncharted 4 and I'm struggling to come up with anything that is better in UC3 than it was in UC2.

I don't know about more successful. Uncharted 2 is pre-historic by now and still has a decent amount of players playing it. Uncharted 3 struggles to find games, without a player count I can't say for sure if it has more players online than Uncharted 2 but it sure doesn't seem like it.

My opinion is that Uncharted 2 is better in every single conceivable way. Apart from Bunny Hopping.. That thing absolutely blows, Uncharted 3 has sprint which replaced it as the new cheap thing though. So it's no better.

Bunny hopping is like Whack and Roll, could never have been intended. But they let it continue.

Sprint is just.. fair game. It's just one of the worst development decisions ever, I don't know why on earth they decided it was a good idea to allow you to run like an athlete and allow you to have the turning radius of a Sports Car.

There is very little good about Uncharted 3 to choose from. Customization... Is the main positive, but ND even messed that up.. So I should say, Customization done RIGHT would be a positive.

Uncharted 4 either needs to be near to Uncharted 2 or a completely new game like Uncharted 3 was.. Because Uncharted 3 isn't worth copying in any way. Maybe... Co-op Adventure.. But even that needs massive improvements.

Wonderful post! 

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 122 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

The best of UC3?

Each to his own.

UC2 only has players in TDM & Co-op ( and this is a stretch), while you can still find games in every mode in UC3, I played Hunter Arena last night & found back to back games in under a minute, the player pool for UC3 isnt as dead as you're trying to make it seem. 

UC2 is / was good, but I don't get the logic where you guys thinking ND going back & replicating UC2 would be a great move for UC4. I also never stated than they should make it like UC3 but obviously they will take elements from UC3 & build on it that's what they did from UC2 > UC3, but they simply evolved the mechanics.

ND stated UC2 MP wasn't their full vision hence the huge change in UC3 & i'm pretty sure they aren't  satisfied with UC3 either.

Sprint is a great addition it simply needs to be tweaked back to how it was in the original Beta.

Overall I hope they make it a completely new game.

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 122 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I hope UC4 gets rid of the tools that talk trash in a match for absolutely no reason.

they need to allow us to mute people during a match.

People already said how to mute.

What I wanted to add is if they're motormouths (they won't shut up). Note that UC3 has proximity chat. Meaning? IF they don't shut up, it doesn't matter if they got cloaked gold. You'd spot them easy.

Here's something I've never been quite sure about: if you mute everybody, will the enemies still hear you in the actual match (because of the proximity chat)?

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 122 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13198 posts

May 7, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

The best of UC3?

Each to his own.

UC2 only has players in TDM & Co-op ( and this is a stretch), while you can still find games in every mode in UC3, I played Hunter Arena last night & found back to back games in under a minute, the player pool for UC3 isnt as dead as you're trying to make it seem. 

UC2 is / was good, but I don't get the logic where you guys thinking ND going back & replicating UC2 would be a great move for UC4. I also never stated than they should make it like UC3 but obviously they will take elements from UC3 & build on it that's what they did from UC2 > UC3, but they simply evolved the mechanics.

ND stated UC2 MP wasn't their full vision hence the huge change in UC3 & i'm pretty sure they aren't  satisfied with UC3 either.

Sprint is a great addition it simply needs to be tweaked back to how it was in the original Beta.

Overall I hope they make it a completely new game.

Going back to basics is what people do when they have made a horrible mistake.

I made a cake last week. It fell apart because I tried to do new things with it, So I started again and made a basic cake without all the inventive stuff I tried, it worked and it wasn't a mess that time.

That is how I'd call Uncharted 3, an attempt at innovation which falls apart and becomes essentially a pile of crumbs.

A step back would be a step forward because stepping back would give you a game that functions correctly. However. I'm not going to say stepping back and relasing Uncharted 2's mechanics over again would be a good idea itself.

2014/15 and Uncharted 2's mechanics don't entirely seem like a great idea. But it would be a better idea than anything that came from Uncharted 3.

It needs to be built on Uncharted 2's foundations and not just a totally different game like Uncharted 3 is. The problem I have with Uncharted 3 is simple. I don't feel like It's Uncharted anymore. I feel like it's a completely new game and I wouldn't have such a problem with it if it was a new game without the Uncharted name. But Uncharted is a well recognized game now and well noticed for it's quality. Uncharted 3 lacks any type of quality from SP all the way to MP.

A game with the story of Uncharted 1/2 not exactly the same story, just one that doesn't derail itself like Uncharted 3 does, a game with a solid MP and decent mechanics for that kind of gameplay experience, Uncharted 3 unfortunately is one of the worst MP games out there mechanical wise, all the additions made things way worse, I'm pretty sure the game would have been fine with Summer beta sprint, a lack of whack and roll, no grenade throwbacks, but the worst crime for a shooter is immense recoil it is not acceptable and just promotes the game as a run and gun game.

All the additions we have are essentially totally unnecessary and in some cases just make the game worse. All of which could have been evaded if they stuck to the summer beta where the sweet spot for the game was, that was totally nailed down. Everything except for one or two weapons was spot on.

Still the kickbacks and powerplays would have been horrible and not needed but.. The core gameplay was perfect at that point, I don't know what smart person decided to change it, but they were totally wrong.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 122 (150 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5194 posts

May 7, 2013

That's just like, your opinion, girl. 

For a lot of us, Uc3 MP has been more enjoyable experience than Uc2 MP. 

Summer beta this, summer beta that. The sprint gives the game a good pacing. The problem with hipfire lies somewhere else; Its' efficiency and accuracy. I agree on whack n' roll, though. 

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 122 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 7, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Summer beta this, summer beta that. The sprint gives the game a good pacing. The problem with hipfire lies somewhere else; Its' efficiency and accuracy. I agree on whack n' roll, though. 

Thank You, they act as if everyone Universally agreed that UC2 MP is more preferred than that of UC3.

I find UC3 MP to be way more fun & overall a more enjoyable product. 

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 122 (118 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 7, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Thank You, they act as if everyone Universally agreed that UC2 MP is more preferred than that of UC3.

ND must bribe some of you forum members to praise the game at every mention of it's faults.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 122 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5194 posts

May 7, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

ND must bribe some of you forum members to praise the game at every mention of it's faults.

I said I agree that whack n' roll is bad, didn't I? 

It's often matters of opinion. I prefer Uc3 MP in many ways to Uc2 MP. 

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 122 (109 Views)
Naughty Host
7947 posts

May 7, 2013
Uncharted 3, both MP and SP, are better than UC2's

IMO

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 122 (98 Views)
0 Likes