Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1986 posts

Re: Uncharted 4: Milking It

Mar 5, 2013

There is more than enough story telling left. Drake Elena have a son, Sully finally dies, Drake retires and son takes over. Enough said.

Message 11 of 36 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Mar 5, 2013
I think that they could easily do a continuation of UC3 (prequels/spin-offs should be limited to Vita). For example, due to the fact that Nate never really made it with a treasure, Nate,Sully,Charlie and Chloe could be contracted by a really wealthy man (who'll turn out to be the antagonist) to find a treasure. They would get resources from their client to find the treasure while planning to make off with the treasure and betray the client. That would make for a great final treasure hunt and would get Drake and Elena the money to raise a family.

As for MP only, I could see them releasing a proper F2P game on PS4.
UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 12 of 36 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Mar 5, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

Even though I do want there to be another Uncharted game (maybe a prequel or a spin off) I can't really see how a sequel would really work.

The story is basically, Drake meets Sully, who trains/brings him up, Drake meets Elena, who fall in love, then they kinda break up and Drakes old friends Flynn and Chloe make an appearance. Then later Drake and Elena fall in love again, and wild Charlie appears, they find the City of Brass and live happily ever after.

I can't see any way forward. Elena doesn't want Drake to go risk his life for treasure finding lost city with surprise surprise ancient beings. 

If there was a sequel then it would have to be set in the distant future with Drakes and Elena's daughter or even son, or at worst twins. 

A spin off or a prequel would work. A prequel could concentrate on how Sully trained Drake and have cameo appearances from Chloe and Flynn. 

Most people are thinking of the MP, when they think of Uncharted 4, and don't really think of the Campaign part of it. I for one don't want a rushed Campaign just to please the MP fans. Uncharted 2 and even DF was brilliant thanks to it's campaign, not just the MP.

If ND we're to make another Uncharted game then, they may just make the whole game an MP. It may have all the Uncharted characters and all the modes redefined and tuned up to perfection. Basically all the staff working on the MP alone can make sure its the best MP around. 

There will be no need to milk the story, just concentrate efforts on the MP, and if story really is necessary, then just make 10 Co-op Adventure chapters which will be playable on your own offline if needs be. 

I feel another full game (Uncharted 4) will be milking it, unless they make it a prequel, spin off, or base it further in the future with different characters. Other than that they will ruin the franchise further by milking off U2's success, kinda like some movies that have unnecessary sequels that ruins the original.

^My opinion, not fact!

Share your OPINIONS....

Then give him a reason to go out and fight...

Uncharted 4 Drake's Revenge, calling it now 

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 13 of 36 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2122 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Uncharted 4 should be set in the past, and it should feature Drake and Flynn working together.

That is, if this even makes sense because my memory of Drake and Flynn's relationship (prior to UC3) in kinda hazy..

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 14 of 36 (281 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5643 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Nathan Drake isn't too old for new adventures. Elena can wait at home, I never liked her character that much. 

Buuut I'm more excited for the other games they are working on for the ps4 singleplayer-wise.

Message 15 of 36 (264 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Mar 5, 2013

You are all wrong.  

In Uncharted 4 the main character is going to be a Capture Trooper or Chimera.  lol 

Message 16 of 36 (245 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Mar 5, 2013
In the middle of Drake and Elena's wedding some guys will break in, injure Sully, and steal Elena. The antagonist will be a very rich Latino who forces Drake to look for some rare Chinese artifact in exchange for Elena. Places you will go to: Hong Kong China, Kyoto Japan, Russia, and South Korea.
Message 17 of 36 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Mar 5, 2013

They could make Uncharted 4 go about Eye of Indra?

Message 18 of 36 (198 Views)
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Mar 5, 2013

I think a prequel would work.

Message 19 of 36 (189 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

Mar 5, 2013

They will continue making Uncharted games as long as there is still a demand for it, people think that Uncharted is a trilogy, that isn't true at all.

Assassin's Creed gets yearly releases but some people still enjoy the narrative and history behind them, not to mention it's got potential time periods they could visit.

I don't mind milking unless the quality of the games get to a very poor standard, Guitar Hero was literally milked to death due to releasing a title every 6 months, demand dropped like a stone while Rock Band continued to thrive for years after RB3's release with regards to DLC. Uncharted is nowhere near the levels of AC, CoD, EA Sport titles or heck even Guitar Hero.

Message 20 of 36 (179 Views)