Highlighted
Nov 15 2012
By: packmangj85 First Son 8 posts

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Changes

11 replies 251 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

I loved UC2 multiplayer & spent like 15 days playing it, but UC3 multiplayer is a MASSIVE disappointment. It's too unbalanced & trying to be like CoD.

-Throwing back grenades makes it pointless to even use grenades in UC3, since everyone just throws them back. In UC2, grenades helped with strategy, but in UC3 they're useless.

-The G-mal is unbalanced

-The M9 w/rapid fire is unbalanced

-The kickbacks are basically killstreaks, completely unnecessary, & very unbalanced (who's bright idea was it to allow you to disappear in a puff of smoke?)

-Why wasn't Elimination in from the start?

-Since the aiming is different in the MP than the SP, why couldn't the movements be better in the MP? They work for the SP, but in MP, they just get in the way. UC2 had much better movements for MP in a 3rd person game.

-There's no need to try to make the MP realistic, and it just causes problems. I can never get grenades out when I want since it takes forever (but it was fine in UC2), and again, the movements make the MP a pain to play.

-THERE'S NO NEED FOR SPRINTING!!!!!!!!

-Why did DLC that shoulda been in day 1, end up coming out a year later, and for ridiculous pricing?

-Custom classes & gun customization (like CoD) don't need to be in the game, they just make things more unbalanced. What's wrong with picking up weapons on the map like in UC2?

-The shotguns & pistole are COMPLETELY USELESS in UC3.

-UC2 was a game that you needed to get better at in order to do well, but UC3 has too many things that allow casuals to screw everything up (like the blindfire that still sucks). What was so bad about the way blindfire was in UC2? Uncharted 3 MP basically tells you to forget about aiming, & go get cheap kills.

-The melee is broken. Having the camera zoom in is cool for the SP, but in MP it ruins your groove by throwing everything off visually.

-The buddy system is useless. Nobody cares about it or ever uses it's features.

-Why do I get pulled of a ledge that I never come near?

-The blast radius for the RPG is too small (especially when considering the lag makes things even worse).

-Why change the Grenade Launcher? I understand it wasn't the same in UC2 from SP to MP, but it worked great in the MP.

-Why is the Kal7 pointless to use in MP unless you blind fire like a scrub the entire time?

-Why can't we carry more grenades without wasting booster slots?

To end everything (and there are more problems I come across everytime I play this broken multipler), UC2 was simple, basic, fun, & as a result it was almost perfect (until 1.04 that is).

UC3, however, is casualized garbage that fans of UC2 stopped playing long ago. I only got on recently for YT gameplays, & I saw it's as bad as ever. Even when playing the "Classic" mode (which still only gives you one grenade slot), there are still the core problems with movements, grenades, etc. that ruin the experience.

The ONLY balance problem in UC2 was Situational Awareness, but that could be easily countered with Evasion. There are just too many balance problems with UC3. I hope The Last of Us has a good MP, because UC3 made me almost lose faith in ND making good MP.

'More' doesn't mean 'better' and UC3 tried to do too much & just layed an egg.

And the recoil is awful. Why can't I land a single shot on a guy I'm aiming at directly?

-TheRatedD (packmangj85)

Message 1 of 12 (251 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Changes

Nov 15, 2012

COD is better.

The Future Is Black.
Message 2 of 12 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11241 posts

Nov 15, 2012

packmangj85 wrote:

-Why do I get pulled of a ledge that I never come near?

Lag.

packmangj85 wrote:

-The buddy system is useless. Nobody cares about it or ever uses it's features.

Remember those awful spawns in U2? I'll remind you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHG7NVNUaxQ

packmangj85 wrote:

-The shotguns & pistole are COMPLETELY USELESS in UC3.

They were OP in U2.

packmangj85 wrote:

What's wrong with picking up weapons on the map like in UC2?

Classic Mode is your friend.

packmangj85 wrote:

That is one of the few good changes U3 has...

packmangj85 wrote:

-Why did DLC that shoulda been in day 1, end up coming out a year later, and for ridiculous pricing?

If they were out in 11-1-11, it'd be an on-disc DLC and no one likes on-discs DLCs.

packmangj85 wrote:

-The melee is broken. Having the camera zoom in is cool for the SP, but in MP it ruins your groove by throwing everything off visually.

Eric-ND answered that in the last Q&A thread. Smiley Wink

I agree with everything else though. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 12 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6303 posts

Nov 15, 2012

-I still get kills with grenades just fine, and if I don't they are a good distraction to stall the enemy,

-The G-mal was OP, now it is balanced.

-The M9 w.RoF is slightly OP yes, but other guns can still take it on

-kickbacks are great, only problem is some are a bit to useless

-elimination is in it now, so why complain?

-not sure what you mean by movements.

-Yea MP is really realistic, lemme jump off a 40 foot tower, then run at this guy shooting my gun with 1 hand.

-Sprinting is amazing.

-on-disc DLC is one of the gaming sins nowadays, its here now so why be mad?

-custom loadouts add more variety, changes up everyones playstyle.

-Shotguns own, 1 gets you 6 free kills, the other can get you up to 4-8 kills, and the pistole is decent as well.

-it caters to casuals? Lemme lose a TDM round because the 1 newbie player on our team went 2-18.

-melee is decent, can use some work, mainly due to lag.

-I use the buddy system, free medals for my kickback and able to spawn on your teammate, very useful.

-pull-off problems are just lag really...

-RPG blast radius is fine, how big do you want it anyway?

-grenade launcher is good? whats bad about it?

-KAL-7 is a great weapon, don't see how its useless to you.

-having more than 1 grenade is very useful (especially with throwbacks) that you have to give up something to carry more than 1.

photo Sniper.png
Message 4 of 12 (208 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 15, 2012

I take it you didn't play Uncharted 2 much, if at all.

Message 5 of 12 (194 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1725 posts

Nov 15, 2012

packmangj85 wrote:

There is definitely a need for sprinting. Going back to Uncharted 2 and not being able to sprint makes the game a lot slower and just really boring at some points when you can't find anyone. Honestly the only change I would like to see in a further Uncharted game is DEDICATED SERVERS.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 6 of 12 (192 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Nov 15, 2012

As far as the DLC part goes, it didn't need to be on disc DLC, just in the game. We only had like 3 new taunts at launch, and now we have to pay half a dollar for each new one. It's just lame.

But about the shotguns, in UC2 everyone had a fair shot at getting power weapons that actually worked, but in UC3, those same power weapons are basically useless. The RPG's blast radius is much smaller & the shotguns aren't as useful as the G-Mal.

Message 7 of 12 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6303 posts

Nov 15, 2012

I did play UC2, though not to much, I did for a while, what difference does it make?

Also do you remember that one of the shotguns were actually OP at a time that they had to nerf both the gun and its kickback. Now unless you are trying to shoot someone from across the map, all 3 shotguns are great and kill excelently, especially the sawn-off and pistole when combined with melee. Even then, the sawn-off still has some great range to it for a shotgun.

photo Sniper.png
Message 8 of 12 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 16, 2012

packmangj85 wrote:

-The G-mal is unbalanced

I stopped reading right here.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 9 of 12 (148 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Nov 16, 2012

packmangj85 wrote:

-The G-mal is was unbalanced

FFTY. 

Message 10 of 12 (124 Views)
0 Likes