Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 28 2013
By: jayjay275 Fender Bender 3470 posts

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer must be NON noob friendly.

26 replies 353 views Edited Feb 28, 2013

No rate of fire to benefit noobs. Nuff said. 

Message 1 of 27 (353 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 Multiplayer must be NON noob friendly.

Feb 28, 2013

I was thinking more blindfire accuracy effectiveness. But I agree with the sentiment here.

Cutter
Message 2 of 27 (347 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4539 posts

Feb 28, 2013
As if that'll ever happen for the flagship franchise of the PS3. Ya know, the one that seeks to have the broadest appeal possible.
Message 3 of 27 (344 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Feb 28, 2013

how about RDR, where they had two modes: one with and one without auto-aiming? ND could just do that. Simple Mode/Normal Mode.

though I haven't been in touch with that MP for sometime so I have no idea if it's still successful.

Cutter
Message 4 of 27 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13527 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

how about RDR, where they had two modes: one with and one without auto-aiming? ND could just do that. Simple Mode/Normal Mode.

though I haven't been in touch with that MP for sometime so I have no idea if it's still successful.

It was successful? I found it completely unplayable. Okay I could play with aimbot mode on but what kind of fun is that? The alternative is unplayable thus creating a multiplayer aimed at an extreme niche market.

If ND did that it's game over for way over 90% of this games userbase, maybe even as high as 97%.

They need to balance between the assist and the non assist better, Uncharted 2 was done perfectly I thought.

Uncharted 3.. Well.. Even the most casual of casuals doesn't need all that assistance, it's almost as bad as Rockstars autoaim modes.

Message 5 of 27 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Feb 28, 2013

well much like F2P simple/aim assist mode would have it's drawbacks. no representation in a leaderboard, no legacy, no Coop, maybe even ads.... idk but the idea isn't to create another realm for these people to congregate in but to create a "practice mode" or something that's insubstantial until they reach a certain level and join the full aim assistless mode.

Cutter
Message 6 of 27 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2216 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Agreed, I've seen many games become stupid and boring because too many casual stuff was added and made easier for noobs.

Signature02.png

Message 7 of 27 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13527 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

well much like F2P simple/aim assist mode would have it's drawbacks. no representation in a leaderboard, no legacy, no Coop, maybe even ads.... idk but the idea isn't to create another realm for these people to congregate in but to create a "practice mode" or something that's insubstantial until they reach a certain level and join the full aim assistless mode.

Having no assists would have an even bigger drawback, a very thin player pool. 

The average user can't play with no assists at all, I'm not average and I certainly can't. I could if you gave me a keyboard and a mouse more than likely but that isn't happening.

Uncharted 3's issue is it takes assistance to another dimension and offers way too much assisting.

Uncharted 2 was spot on apart from the shotgun issues.

Message 8 of 27 (313 Views)
Survivor
2677 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2014

UC4 must have the A-team working on it, and it must be UC2.5 (which we didnt get) otherwise its the endgame.

@Aurillia  i would even say UC2 had a tad bit too much AA,  and is it too much to ask to get higher sensitivity - max is still slow.

Message 9 of 27 (309 Views)
Sackboy
417 posts

Feb 28, 2013

I want the mechanics as a whole to have a new fresh challenging feel whilst still mainting the uncharted multiplayer dynamics, I feel if little of the gameplay is changed players who have played uc2 and uc3 will grow tired, one thing players dont realise is that the only time they are having fun is when there is a challenge, I think just adding fancy maps and skins is only a short term thing to maintain interest but really its the core gameplay that needs to be changed.

Message 10 of 27 (254 Views)
0 Likes