Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 09 2013
By: tripleWRECK PlayStation MVP 3233 posts

Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

367 replies 1614 views Edited May 9, 2013

UC4 article

I just published a lengthy article on Uncharted's multiplayer history and the massive potential I believe Uncharted 4 possesses. 

I'm more discussing big-picture ideas here but I do plan to talk about all the specifics in the near future. Thanks for your time and I'd love to hear what you all think!

Read it HERE

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 1 of 368 (1,614 Views)
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 9, 2013

It sucked.

JayKay, reading it now :3

Message 2 of 368 (1,602 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18618 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

I just gave this a read. The points you highlighted were spot on and gave a great description of what has happened and how things can get better. I'm personally hoping for more fun events to occur for the entire community to enjoy and have fun, but I could see your points becoming true if Naughty Dog and Sony were to capitalize on them.

Good article. I highly recommend that others read this if you see this thread. :smileyhappy:

Suited man clap

Message 3 of 368 (1,593 Views)
Fender Bender
2602 posts

May 9, 2013

very good read

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 4 of 368 (1,590 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 9, 2013

You didn't give many examples of what could actually be improved, but I do agree with almost everything you wrote. I don't agree with the statement that the game caters to casual players though. Most people here seem to think that having skill equals having good aim, but aiming is a just a part of the skillset you need to be good at the game. Blindfire + melee is arguably broken, but if anything it's the experienced players that are abusing it to their advantage. Power weapons and kickbacks make the game unbalanced, but it's definitely not closing the skill gap between new players and experienced players (quite the opposite).

Message 5 of 368 (1,564 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 9, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

You didn't give many examples of what could actually be improved, but I do agree with almost everything you wrote. I don't agree with the statement that the game caters to casual players though. Most people here seem to think that having skill equals having good aim, but aiming is a just a part of the skillset you need to be good at the game. Blindfire + melee is arguably broken, but if anything it's the experienced players that are abusing it to their advantage. Power weapons and kickbacks make the game unbalanced, but it's definitely not closing the skill gap between new players and experienced players (quite the opposite).

The article was not about improving the technicalities of future UC games tho.:smileyindifferent:

Message 6 of 368 (1,549 Views)
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

May 9, 2013

Great stuff, now let's get some discussions going, yo.

Message 7 of 368 (1,540 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4895 posts

May 9, 2013
Just got done reading, I thought it was great. I like how you broke down both game's multiplayer before talking about Uncharted 4.
 photo nightcrawlerf_zpsmmcb864d.gif
Message 8 of 368 (1,531 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 9, 2013
Nice link. Not falling for the old page views trick though.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 9 of 368 (1,515 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 9, 2013

Great read. 

I really hope this finds it's way unto a PC screen at ND offices. Also I would love to see them build a better relationship with the community instead of coming around every 2 months or when a patch or DLC is out. I find it baffling how they ignore their own forum community.

I also would love to see Sony & ND push the competitive aspect of the game so more players within the community can get involved since not everyone knows about the current underground UC3 Competitive movement. They also need to focus on Co-op tournaments not everyone is a Comp player & a few have demonstrated there is a demand for Co-op tourney events. 

Hopefully they don't turn your idea into a money making scheme. 

Lastly they need to find a way to filter constructive feedback from the community for updates & patches that will benefit everyone & have a positive effect on their game instead of catering to the out cry of a select group hope ya'll understand what i'm trying to say lol.

Message 10 of 368 (1,500 Views)