Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/08/2010
Online
3872 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 9, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:
Online and LAN events should be organized from the outset (launch the game with a huge cash prize!)


Yes, LAN events counter U3's arguabley biggest problem. Lag. Also a cash incentive is a great way to do this, how would worldwide LAN work though? (Alot won't pay for international flights..)

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 368 (2,271 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13272 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 9, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

Matt

I hide during Double Damage, but I don't consider myself a tryhard; it's just the logical thing to do, I think. I mean, why would I purposely put myself at a disadvantage when I know I'd better hide? As much as I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, I surely don't want to ruin my own, either...

 


No, you are in denial. Only tryhards would hide during DD. It's pathetic.


Avoiding cheap 1-melee-hit kills and other such nonsense is "pathetic"? No, sir, it's just rational...

 


NOT MY KDR!!!

yemen drake

 


It has nothing to do with KDR.

 

If the whole team runs around during Double Damage, since it's also the last powerplay the team that leads after double damage wins the game usually. I have never ever come back from being behind after double damage. I've taken leads after it and won games too.

 

It's just wrong. It's a complete game changer if you play correctly during it.

 

hiding is the only logical and sensible thing to do.



Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 368 (2,115 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/17/2010
Online
5408 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 9, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

Matt

I hide during Double Damage, but I don't consider myself a tryhard; it's just the logical thing to do, I think. I mean, why would I purposely put myself at a disadvantage when I know I'd better hide? As much as I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, I surely don't want to ruin my own, either...

 


No, you are in denial. Only tryhards would hide during DD. It's pathetic.


Avoiding cheap 1-melee-hit kills and other such nonsense is "pathetic"? No, sir, it's just rational...

 


NOT MY KDR!!!

yemen drake

 


It has nothing to do with KDR.

 

If the whole team runs around during Double Damage, since it's also the last powerplay the team that leads after double damage wins the game usually. I have never ever come back from being behind after double damage. I've taken leads after it and won games too.

 

It's just wrong. It's a complete game changer if you play correctly during it.

 

hiding is the only logical and sensible thing to do.


You're right, Aureilia, indeed you are. I should've said:

 

NOT MY WLR!!!

yemen drake

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 368 (1,882 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 06/18/2012
Offline
311 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 9, 2013

Odd. Could have sworn this thread was titled "Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential" and not "Are you a tryhard for hiding during Double Damage?"

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 368 (1,201 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

Matt

I hide during Double Damage, but I don't consider myself a tryhard; it's just the logical thing to do, I think. I mean, why would I purposely put myself at a disadvantage when I know I'd better hide? As much as I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, I surely don't want to ruin my own, either...

 


No, you are in denial. Only tryhards would hide during DD. It's pathetic.


Avoiding cheap 1-melee-hit kills and other such nonsense is "pathetic"? No, sir, it's just rational...

 


NOT MY KDR!!!

yemen drake

 


It has nothing to do with KDR.

 

If the whole team runs around during Double Damage, since it's also the last powerplay the team that leads after double damage wins the game usually. I have never ever come back from being behind after double damage. I've taken leads after it and won games too.

 

It's just wrong. It's a complete game changer if you play correctly during it.

 

hiding is the only logical and sensible thing to do.


You're right, Aureilia, indeed you are. I should've said:

 

NOT MY WLR!!!

yemen drake


Whatever. If you think that playing like an idiot during DD and causing your team to lose is any sign of "honour," then who are we to argue with you? Let me just tell you one thing: for most rational people, getting killed by BS like a punch or 4 M9 shots isn't fun. However, if that's your idea of fun, that's a completely different story, but don't try to call people out just because they, unlike you, don't play like retarded doucheb@gs during one of the stupidest crutches ever invented. Personally, I don't give a flying **bleep** about my KDR or WLR.
On another note, Inigo is right. I don't want to ruin tW's thread...

 

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 368 (1,001 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/17/2010
Online
5408 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 9, 2013

I only said you're a tryhard in denial. 

I took the liberty to look at your stats and now I'm not so sure anymore. If that's what it takes for you to win, by all means go for it. Should a match go to the point of DD, I could play it safe but that's so boooring. Yes, I play with honor. 

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 368 (767 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

I only said you're a tryhard in denial. 

I took the liberty to look at your stats and now I'm not so sure anymore. If that's what it takes for you to win, by all means go for it. Should a match go to the point of DD, I could play it safe but that's so boooring. Yes, I play with honor. 


Well, have fun keeping your "cyberhonour", then. What is honour to you, anyway? For me, playing without honour would be going around with a RoF+BA Accuracy M9, BA Para 9, and Quick Boom... Letting yourself get screwed out of a legitimate victory because of DD isn't a sign of honour; it's a sign of stupidity.
As far as my stats are concerned, I could have a positive KDR if I actually cared about it, or played this game regularly nowadays. Point is I don't care about that. Plus, I mainly play Co-op and Plunder nowadays.

 

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 368 (583 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3233 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

 

It's a fact that Uncharted 3 MP has had greater success than UC2 MP did. I don't want you to tell me about "noob friendliness", because I'm on the same boat with you. But is it good for the overall popularity of the game? 

You only represent the competitive player base of the game. Naughty Dog makes their games accessible for the big audience. A lot of people including me couldn't give a flying feather about FN, and want to play for competitively fun. 


Yes but UC3's success had nothing to do with the quality of it as a game though, it's unanimously agreed upon that it is a disappointment compared to UC2. There are numerous reasons for that but raw data in this case is not indicative of anything beyond greater marketing payoff on behalf of Sony. Example: Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen was a more successful movie than the original. However the fact that it grossed more than its predecessor didn't change the fact that it was an infinitely worse movie. Pure statistical success should only be taken at face value.

 

And while movie executives may not care how well a movie does critically as long as it sells big, a game is different. It has the potential to keep gamers playing for infinitely longer than a 2-hour theater visit. Keeping players invested is a priority for the financial dividends it will pay down the road (DLC, word of mouth, brand loyalty, sponsored events etc.). Thus, the quality of a game is ultimately very important to that end.

 

Just because I participate in the competitive part of the game does not mean I'm coming from there exclusively. In my experience I've played UC far more for fun than in competition play, probably due to my social nature and the great number of friends I've met in this franchise. My viewpoint is that of both, or at the very least I can understand both sides.

 

The irony is that Naughty Dog didn't make UC2's MP for the big audience (it was developed in only 6 months IIRC), yet it attracted one. It was their effort to bring in the mainstream MP crowd with UC3 that failed, and its success is nowhere near what I believe it could have been had things been done differently.

 

That said, I cannot exactly fault ND for the direction they took with this game. I mean, I can of course but I get it, it's the infamous "sophomore slump". Many sequels are overly ambitious and lose sight of what made the original such a hit. No better example than Gears of War 2 (an Xbox game I know, blasphemy) which was hated by everyone who played it online. Luckily Gears 3 was so awesome that virtually everyone forgave Epic and perhaps in the end the lessons learned with Gears 2 proved to be worthwhile. I hope that is the case with us here and UC4 winds up being a culmination of this crazy 4 year journey ND and the community has been through.

 

Alas, there is no use beating a dead horse. I've done my best to support this game, and I continue to encourage others to do so as well (even though sometimes I feel like I carry the torch alone in some regards). Really it's about what you do long-term that pays off over time, nothing is ever perfect and you can't expect it to be. Just have to keep your eyes on the prize.

 

The reason I am advocating the competitive stuff so heavily is that even if you do not participate or have interest in that aspect of gaming, the benefits it can bring as a whole are massive. It's a trickle-down effect and that only spells good things for fans of co-op, public games, and more. The majority of successful, long-lasting series/communities have had strong competitive activity driving them at their core. That can translate directly into more developer interaction/support, DLCs, and even new games. Starcraft, League of Legends, Counter Strike, Halo, Call of Duty, the list goes on.

 

 


munnsy1 wrote:

Yes, LAN events counter U3's arguabley biggest problem. Lag. Also a cash incentive is a great way to do this, how would worldwide LAN work though? (Alot won't pay for international flights..)


The first may be US-only, but ideally there would be another event in Europe. Perhaps organize it so the top teams from both could face off in a huge championship or something. There are tons of ways it could work.

 


LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 368 (392 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/05/2011
Offline
3354 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

 

It's a fact that Uncharted 3 MP has had greater success than UC2 MP did. I don't want you to tell me about "noob friendliness", because I'm on the same boat with you. But is it good for the overall popularity of the game? 

You only represent the competitive player base of the game. Naughty Dog makes their games accessible for the big audience. A lot of people including me couldn't give a flying feather about FN, and want to play for competitively fun. 


Yes but UC3's success had nothing to do with the quality of it as a game though, it's unanimously agreed upon that it is a disappointment compared to UC2. There are numerous reasons for that but raw data in this case is not indicative of anything beyond greater marketing payoff on behalf of Sony. Example: Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen was a more successful movie than the original. However the fact that it grossed more than its predecessor didn't change the fact that it was an infinitely worse movie. Pure statistical success should only be taken at face value.

 


Hey triplewreck, most of the members on the forum won't believe that their precious Uncharted 3 is inferior to Uncharted 2. They'll take whatever crap ND shoves in their throats and say it's the best thing since the invention of the wheel.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.


"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us


"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 368 (360 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2841 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 9, 2013

inigomontoya74 wrote:

Odd. Could have sworn this thread was titled "Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential" and not "Are you a tryhard for hiding during Double Damage?"


I'm guilty, I do want to finish that discussion, so I do want to say something about it still:

 

I didn't mean to insult people for camping during double damage, and of course I don't expect them to rush forward into action, but there is also a middle way you know, just use cover more and be careful where you walk, that should do it, but if you run to the least busy place of the map and camp there in a corner is being a tryhard to me, double damage never changed the losing team into a winning team for me (that's the first time I disagree with Aureilia :smileysurprised: ), so it should not be that big of a problem, don't get me wrong I hate double damage, if I'm going for a rampant (which isn't to often), double damage is always the point where it goes wrong, and that is annoying, but I keep my opinion that when you are going to camp in a far away corner then you're a tryhard, nothing personal :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 368 (331 Views)