First Son
8 posts

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 14, 2013

Well I mostly agree with you. But I think still that Uncharted is the wrong genre for multiplayer, just like Tomb Raider or Bioshock. But they put it in there so it gets more value. I think it's fun with muliplayer in the right genre, like COD or CS or something like that (btw I'm not a COD fanboy), uncharted it feels kinda ''put in there JUST to make it more valuable''. Anyway, mulitplayer isn't that bad but it felt like in Uncharted 3, they focused too much on mulitplayer. Just my thoughts anyway.

Message 111 of 368 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

May 14, 2013

yoghurt2000 wrote:

Well I mostly agree with you. But I think still that Uncharted is the wrong genre for multiplayer, just like Tomb Raider or Bioshock. But they put it in there so it gets more value. I think it's fun with muliplayer in the right genre, like COD or CS or something like that (btw I'm not a COD fanboy), uncharted it feels kinda ''put in there JUST to make it more valuable''. Anyway, mulitplayer isn't that bad but it felt like in Uncharted 3, they focused too much on mulitplayer. Just my thoughts anyway.

i would agree with you in saying that with the uncharted series the campaign is the reason people get it and then when they enjoy the game they start to play the MP and not the other way around, but that doesn't mean that people don't find the MP "fun", i'm sure a lot of people have enjoyed and had fun while playing this MP with either the co-op or competitive portions with a good percentage of them enjoying themselves more than playing your "right genre" with games like COD or CS, btw i've played all cod games and just recently played BO2, and it's garbage, i really don't understand how people can enjoy it, but i'm sure a ton of people kids do

and are TPS that different from FPS to you that you believe only one should have MP and the other shouldn't? why should FPS be the only genre to have MP?

Message 112 of 368 (465 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 14, 2013

yoghurt2000 wrote:

And I totally disagree Uncharted is perfect for Multiplayer the single player is centered around team work, why not expand that concept online. Tomb Raider was never built with MP in mind it was tacked on for obvious reasons.

So you think FPS is the only genre that MP works in?? COD MP isn't even that good. The MP in UC2 & 3 didn't feel tacked on at all they are both good on their own merits & i've had some of the most fun online with these games.

I actually don't think they focused too much on MP with UC3, I think they simply tried to do too much, adding stupid gimmicks like 3D that ended up with content being scrapped from the game in both SP & MP because they ran out of space, this is just my assumption but it seems feasible.

Overall Uncharted 2 & 3 proves there is a demand for TPS online gaming & they need to push the Multiplayer aspect of UC4 even more because the Uncharted franchise has already established itself as a good single player game, check the reviews  for UC3 most of them didn't even give a review on the MP, only the SP, ND needs to fix this.

Message 113 of 368 (451 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

May 15, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Overall Uncharted 2 & 3 proves there is a demand for TPS online gaming & they need to push the Multiplayer aspect of UC4 even more because the Uncharted franchise has already established itself as a good single player game, check the reviews  for UC3 most of them didn't even give a review on the MP, only the SP, ND needs to fix this.

You're not implying that they need to focus less on SP for MP,  right? Because I literally only buy Uncharted for the story. They still need to push harder on the story as well. If I wanted a game series that gives the same **bleep** the last game did, it's called Call of Duty, on singleplayer.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 114 of 368 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 15, 2013

They should get Christopher Nolan to direct Uncharted 4's story.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 115 of 368 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 15, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

You're not implying that they need to focus less on SP for MP,  right? Because I literally only buy Uncharted for the story. They still need to push harder on the story as well. If I wanted a game series that gives the same **bleep** the last game did, it's called Call of Duty, on singleplayer.

No i'm not implying that all, i'm simply reiterating what the OP said in his article that ND needs to push their MP more, everyone already has Uncharted branded as a good Single player game, most of the UC3 reviews didn't even mention the MP, that shouldn't be the case. MP is just as important as the SP. 

We all buy UC games for the SP.

Message 116 of 368 (383 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Ideas for Uncharted 4 MP?

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

I'm sure that everyone who has heard about U4 has been thinking, 'I wonder what the multiplayer will be like.'

Nothing wrong with fantasizing (no, not THAT kind of fantasizing you dirty person) about what will be in the next game so hopefully here people can think about what will be in the next multiplayer. I find by doing this you get more excited for when the game comes out.

Guns

• Bring back the 92FM

• Give us a more versatile TAU

• Remove Para or change the sound of it completely and nerf it

• No KAL. Ever.

• More semi-automatics!

• No RoF. RoF was the downfall of Uncharted customising.

Boosters

• Hitman (or you can call it Ninja) - Your guns become slightly more silenced each time you level up. But you can't make it completely silent.

• Bring back Situational Awareness (said no one ever)

• Athlete - Increase sprinting speed

• Pull! - Unlike the medal, it refers to shooting but instead of shooting clay, you're shooting people (that's more fun :3). Everyone knows the delay you get when you throw something and it takes FOREVER to shoot. Like when you're throwing the idol and it takes forever to shoot at someone right next to you or when you try to throw a gas can and your shooting gets delayed. Doing this shortens the time.

Kickbacks

• I believe Cherry_Ronde posted something called Mirror Man a few weeks ago and it would be a really good kickback. You can make another copy of yourself and make it harder for the other person to kill you.

• Safeguard - For a short, limited amount of time all your teammates have a shield around them for 2 seconds preventing them from any damage and it heals half their health. During the time however, everyone is stationary (Good trolling and helping kickback).

• Self-Destruct - Yes, I got the name from Pokémon but by using this, you automatically explode and you commit suicide and kill anyone around you. So if you're like surrounding a small space by 3 people you can just activate it and boom c:

• Guardian Angel - By doing this, you automatically resurrect your official teammate (by official I mean whoever you high five) and they spawn on you, so they can help you in whatever confrontation. However they don't spawn right on you. That way they can't be spawn killed. 

• Gravity - For 15 seconds, all explosives/guns/things that aren't a character and the gun they're holding flies into the air. So any and all grenades that the other team has is sent into the air and will stay floating until the kickback wears off or until the activater gets far enough away. Any rockets or M32 shells are also sent into the air. When everything comes back down, you could be able to pick up a mega bomb if someone dropped it during Gravity. It could be a lot of fun.

• Gusty - All enemies and guns within eye contact get sent flying. Therefore if there's some guy chasing you with a shotgun from behind and a guy in front of you with an RPG, you can activate this and they will be thrown back at least 10 metres, suffer a little bit of damage (like 20%) and they drop whatever power weapons they have. Proves for some fair fights.

• Decoy - This is an Assassin's Creed thing, you send a copy of yourself to run around and shoot bullets at enemies for you however the bullets will be much weaker. Meanwhile, you can think of a different tactic. This will last for 20 seconds and you don't need to be in proximity.

• Blur - Any enemies in proximity have their vision blurred momentarily.

• Zephyr - A strong wind comes through the map and slightly moves everyone if you don't fight against the wind and the enemies can't hear anything. So any bullets or people moving won't be noticeable for a few seconds.

• Pak 80 - We should get a PAK-80 as a kickback but we should be able to move around normally with it if it's a kickback. But we still can't jump or climb with it.

• Heat Seeking Missile - Self explanatory

• Mystery Box - You get a random power weapon. Normal bullets and all. If you're already holding the selected power weapon it will have bullets stacked.

• Picky - You can change your gun during the game up to 3 times. Lasts for the whole game and is stackable.

• Smoke Bomb 2.0 - You don't teleport. All enemies within proximity do. You can quickly get out of a sticky situation, possibly get them in bigger trouble and move campers.

• Weather - Random rain, snow, thunderstorms, blinding sun, sandstorm, blizzard, you name it. It comes into the game and affects everyone for 25 seconds or so.

Yeah, so I'm picky... Smiley Tongue

Bang Bang!

Message 117 of 368 (437 Views)
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Re: Ideas for Uncharted 4 MP?

May 15, 2013

Most of these kickbacks would make me punch myself in my face 'till my hand breaks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 118 of 368 (428 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2016

Message 119 of 368 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1216 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

I'm not really sure if you're serious with all these kickbacks.

They went overboard with not realistic or "supernatural" kickbacks in Uncharted 3 like summoning RPGs, teleporting or running faster than a car, but what you exposed is basically out of Hogwarts.

They're generally bad concepts which would bring foreseeable unbalance and frustration, too.

Message 120 of 368 (412 Views)