Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/08/2013
Offline
324 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 17, 2013

I would like to see some numbers that support their claim that the co-op modes aren't active enough to garner more support.

Message 221 of 368 (1,079 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
10077 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 17, 2013
I just want support for Co-op Adv as well. I know most avid co-op players roll in Arena, but I always will love being driven by a story. I've suggested some stories earlier but maybe we can execute an idea like a la pulp fiction (I read it somewhere here).

We can combine it to my stories. You can play Sully, Navarro and Roman, then at some time you switch perspective to Drake, Sully and Roman (before the whole debt thing), then to Roman, Navarro and Eddy, slowly letting the players realize that UDF's story isn't just that, but instead there's some hidden agendas. If you finish the story on Crushing, you unlock an extra story like what happened to Sully after getting shot, whoch could be told in a few chapters up to when Elena finally films them(leading to Drake looking for Sully).
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 222 of 368 (820 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/02/2009
Offline
407 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 17, 2013

bunshing wrote:
scootgar@;

explain to me this: how uc2 got to be the best game of the year and won several prizes fir his storie, originality, graphics, and im passing..

sorry bro, but you got owned :smileytongue:


You didn't "own" anyone. His point was that a game can have only MP and be good and NOT boring, which is what you said.

 

He never said ANYTHING that implied that the Uncharted series should be MP only. You're the one who misunderstood the meaning of his post.

 

Honestly, most of the arguments in this topic have been caused by someone not understanding a post and twisting it.

Message 223 of 368 (558 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
10077 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 17, 2013

Orochidude wrote:

bunshing wrote:
scootgar@;

explain to me this: how uc2 got to be the best game of the year and won several prizes fir his storie, originality, graphics, and im passing..

sorry bro, but you got owned :smileytongue:


You didn't "own" anyone. His point was that a game can have only MP and be good and NOT boring, which is what you said.

 

He never said ANYTHING that implied that the Uncharted series should be MP only. You're the one who misunderstood the meaning of his post.

 

Honestly, most of the arguments in this topic have been caused by someone not understanding a post and twisting it.


Can we just drop this topic if it's not about UC4 then? Seriously, it's not related to the topic at all if it's not about UC.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 224 of 368 (387 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 12/08/2011
Offline
605 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
Look, everyone here that says Uncharted should just focus on MP doesn't understand anything about business strategy, economics, or entrepreneurship. Scoot, I'm looking at you but that's fine cause you're in high school and the only way you could know about it is if you studied it yourself on your own time.

If you say they shouldn't focus on their SP, just because other games rely completely on MP, then you don't understand the need for differentiation in a marketplace.

NaughtyDog has differentiated themselves by being a 3rd person action adventure, movie like, set piece, story driven single player. If you are to have a successful business then you need to find a need or a niche and fill it. You have to define yourself away from your competition and have an identity all your own.

You're not going to take marketshare from a competitor, for example CoD, by doing the same thing they do but only slightly better. You have to do something unique or make a much better version of the product you are competing with to be successful

It would be a mistake to stop focusing on identity that they have defined in the marketplace. The majority of consumers buy Uncharted for the single player. That isn't to say that the shouldn't put resources into the multiplayer. It just should t take away from their core competency.

Is this some kind of joke? Have you been visiting the forums long enough to know who scootgar is?

 

Message 225 of 368 (193 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
10077 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 17, 2013
Guys, come on. Let's all chill.

If that doesn't help, take it to PMs.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 226 of 368 (186 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Online
4411 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 17, 2013
Icarus, you're kidding, right? Of course I've been on this forum long enough to know. I also know he smokes the herb, too.
Message 227 of 368 (184 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Online
4411 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 17, 2013
I mean, unless he's a liar...
Message 228 of 368 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
5892 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 17, 2013

Well... looks like this is derailing again...

 photo Sniper.png
Message 229 of 368 (164 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
1419 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 17, 2013

bunshing wrote:
you should maybe start to read my post like you did with neverbelow, because what i said wasn't only "no MP = totally boring "

me n neverbelow was similar, but sure i didnt have the good words like him to explain.

But the fact us: only no-life wish for MP only. They want to be first in the world, dint care about enjoy a great story. CoD players are no life you know? For this its a "great game", because everybody loise their life trying to be the best

there is no fun in thise type of game. And for this its not the best game of the year

Mario Bross, Bioshok, God of War, Uncharted, Gt5, Need for speed, etc.. All those game got famous because of the campaign.
Sure its fun to have MP, but MP is only a bonus

Maybe it is you who need to start reading dude. 

 

You said "A Game with just MP is boring" pretty self explanatory.

 

Also stop with the generalizations it doesn't validate your argument.

 

Mario came out like 30 years ago tho lol.

 

Anyways as I said not every game needs a MP & vice versa etc. 

 

Lastly MP is not just a bonus it's statements like these that encourages developers to half arse their games.

Message 230 of 368 (155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes