TheStuntDouble wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

@Zidane

You can't answer my question, can you? Haha, you're sad.

EDIT: It's a yes or no question (hint). For a guy who just responded to something not directed at him just a few seconds ago, you're taking your time.

SECOND EDIT: Would you like me to set up a chatroom so that we talk real time about this?

aww im sawwiee I didn't reply fast enough for your liking..

Because like your post above, you can't keep your answer into a yes/no god knows why, therefore it takes time.

Here: http://us11.chatzy.com/81312141050234

I explained to you what I meant while answering your question... yet you choose to focus on this comment .

I'm not interested with chatting with you actually. 

I explained myself, you can have a field day twisting my words some more now.

Fine. Because you take taking your time, I understand.

Alright, so you're saying commercial success isn't a problem, but the quality would be a main one in the SP. What I'm saying is, ND could turn up with a horrible story but with a great MP, which isn't nice.

Here, I'll give you some time to do even more double meanings to your words because you love that so much.

I'm simply not refreshing this thread constantly I respond on my own time.

This thread is about MP & how can they expand it to a bigger audience, None of us wants the SP to be affected we are all here because of it. I don't understand why you keep bringing up SP. ND would never put MP over SP, they craft good SP games overall even UC3 was overall an amazing action game the story suffered for various reasons out of their control but they still delivered an entertaining experience.

I want them to push their MP more, I want them to support the MP aspect, make people aware it exists, make people aware that they offer a unique online experience, market it, that is my argument stop bringing up SP to me.

Good. I understand that. This thread is about making UC4 better, and if I'm correct SP would be included in UC4, hence me bringing it up.

In return for not bringing up SP, I'd rather you understand why ND cannot bring out MP first: Uncharted is known for story. They can show to a gamecon with SP and MP, SP only, but never MP only. Reviewers always look at ND as the game developers who tell a compelling story, and with that kind of reputation, they will think Uncharted 3 is selling out to the MP market, thus possibly netting some bad reviews before the game comes out.

This thread is SOLELY about MP, the article in the OP is about MP, TripleWreck explained to you why he excluded SP. So No you don't have a valid reason to keep bringing it up all you do is cause arguments & twist arguments as wlell. 

I said I would like them to show MP 1st, I then went onto say "But this will never happen' clearly indicating I'm simply hoping for the impossible since they would never do such a thing. 

So thanks for stating the obvious meng. 

I'm trying my best to be civil about this since the argument before, but obviously you can't do the same.

I don't always start arguments. I've stated detailed propositions about how to improve co-op in this very thread, so don't generalize and exaggerate your ridiculous banter just because I don't agree with you.

I don't care if you agree with me or not dude this a forum if everyone agreed this place would be useless.

I said when you keep bring up SP in a thread dedicated to the MP all you do is start arguments the last 10 pages are evident because of this. 

Message 291 of 368 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5987 posts

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 19, 2013

Ahem I have returned and boy oh boy...

Well for one, ignoring the SP because hype will be enough to purchase it. Remember UC3 came off of the story of UC2 which everyone loved so people wanted it to continue. And now, since the UC3 SP is a bit under par compared to UC2's it is undrstandable that the smartest thing to do is to come out with a good SP trailer for UC4 since as it is standing people are disappointed at the SP right now.

I'm not saying ignore MP altogether. But the first trailer of the game, whenever it should come out and if it does, should showcase either SP entirely or SP with a bit of MP at the end. and the second trailer could most likely show MP like the dubstep one we got for UC3 which admittedly would have gotten me hyped for UC3's MP if I didn't play the beta before watching it.

In short, MP really shouldn't be the main focus of the game as this isn't really what its known for. They can't really go based off of hype since the hype from UC3 is a lot less than from UC2. If they showcase a great SP trailer with maybe a hint at a big twist that would be great, but ignoring the fact that SP exists is a horrible idea... I mean Idk 100% but don't trailers for MP-centric games like BF and CoD show mainly SP as well?

Besides, this game doesn't need MP to thrive, this UC3 MP in many peoples eyes failed yet it still did great in sales and got some awards for the game.

photo Sniper.png
Message 292 of 368 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

May 19, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Ahem I have returned and boy oh boy...

Well for one, ignoring the SP because hype will be enough to purchase it. Remember UC3 came off of the story of UC2 which everyone loved so people wanted it to continue. And now, since the UC3 SP is a bit under par compared to UC2's it is undrstandable that the smartest thing to do is to come out with a good SP trailer for UC4 since as it is standing people are disappointed at the SP right now.

I'm not saying ignore MP altogether. But the first trailer of the game, whenever it should come out and if it does, should showcase either SP entirely or SP with a bit of MP at the end. and the second trailer could most likely show MP like the dubstep one we got for UC3 which admittedly would have gotten me hyped for UC3's MP if I didn't play the beta before watching it.

In short, MP really shouldn't be the main focus of the game as this isn't really what its known for. They can't really go based off of hype since the hype from UC3 is a lot less than from UC2. If they showcase a great SP trailer with maybe a hint at a big twist that would be great, but ignoring the fact that SP exists is a horrible idea... I mean Idk 100% but don't trailers for MP-centric games like BF and CoD show mainly SP as well?

Besides, this game doesn't need MP to thrive, this UC3 MP in many peoples eyes failed yet it still did great in sales and got some awards for the game.

Well.... It *kinda* does. The demographic today is consisted of people who would rent such great games like Skyrim, and yet actually buy something like Mass Effect just to play co-op. For Uncharted to sell, and consequently to please the Sony overlords, ND *has* to execute a PS3 exclusive such that it can contend with the multiplatforms like CoD and even get people to buy the PS3.

For me, that's pretty hard to do, since I like Halo and even I'm not crazy enough to actually buy the 360 just for a sole videogame I like. What they can do is wholly establish Uncharted as a strong go-to game for the PS3 for both the SP and MP fans.

Obviously, ND knows how to sell the SP. I mean, have you SEEN TLOU? They sparked the "Are videogames violent" arguments just by showing an SP demo. That's how good they are. It's amazing.

What they can't do is do an effective marketing for the MP aspect. I literally bought Uc3 thinking it's like UDF because I assumed it's like that. Their MP is unknown to people. I mean, sure, they've released a YT video on it, and a Subway promotion, but that's it.

What ND can do is set MP promotions for ALL AROUND THE WORLD. Not just US. For example, have you *seen* the Philippine game stores during December? All I wanted was a US copy of the game and I assumed that nobody was buying it since the player pool was small, but jesus christ, they ran out of stocks AND the next shipment was reserved.

IF ND has an R&D team (or just get MArketing to do this), read The Tipping Point by Malcolm gladwell. The book explains how something like Hush Puppies or Airwalk became INSANELY popular even though the companies themselves were like "whoa." Hopefully ND can figure out what happened during that scene in December.

I mean, I know it's Christmas last year, but the game wa released TWO years ago. The GoTY was released a couple of months before December and even then they actually had a closet full of UC since it didn't sell. Suddenly it exploded, evne as a one-year-old game? That can't be.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 293 of 368 (270 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

May 19, 2013
Every game major game that has SP begins with SP promotion, even CoD/BF/Halo etc.

This is nothing new, UC4 will be no different.
Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 294 of 368 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

May 19, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:
Every game major game that has SP begins with SP promotion, even CoD/BF/Halo etc.

This is nothing new, UC4 will be no different.

I'm thinking that could start by doing the first beta without restricting it to US.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 295 of 368 (261 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

May 19, 2013
Like I said, ideally there should be a alpha testing with some key members of the community. Then a larger closed alpha, then an open beta.

A sound recipe for preventing a lot of the trouble UC3's experienced.
Message 296 of 368 (255 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5987 posts

May 19, 2013

One thing I'm concerned about is that a closed alpha will tip the game to favour a certain type of player.

photo Sniper.png
Message 297 of 368 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

May 19, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:
Like I said, ideally there should be a alpha testing with some key members of the community. Then a larger closed alpha, then an open beta.

A sound recipe for preventing a lot of the trouble UC3's experienced.

Doesn't ND try to avoid player favoritism like in the Q&A? The alpha test might be a little tricky to do with key members of the community, since some sensitive ones will be put off by it if they don't get picked.

I think they'll probs hire some professional beta testers for such a thing.

Message 298 of 368 (243 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

One thing I'm concerned about is that a closed alpha will tip the game to favour a certain type of player.

Good, the game should be tipped toward competitive players IMO. Why? Because if a game is balanced on a competitive level (the "highest" form of play) then it will be equally balanced on a casual level. Everyone wins.

That said, it would be wise to bring in not just competitive players but some loyal, experienced, non-"hardcore" players as well. Eugenides, scootgar, there are plenty of great picks. The more diversity and feedback the better.

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Doesn't ND try to avoid player favoritism like in the Q&A? The alpha test might be a little tricky to do with key members of the community, since some sensitive ones will be put off by it if they don't get picked.

I think they'll probs hire some professional beta testers for such a thing.

I'm not sure what you mean by "player favoritism", should the game not be designed around the people playing it? Tough luck, some would get to go, others wouldn't. In the end it's for the good of the entire community, some will have to put their egos aside and understand that. Myself included if it were the case.

No such thing as "professional beta testers". There are QA teams though, internal and outsourced. However I think UC3's failures proved the effectiveness of them for Uncharted. UC3's joke of a couple "betas" further crippled any ability to fix the massive problems with the game prior to launch. In contrast, UC2's were done far better and the final product exhibited that.

Message 299 of 368 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5787 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

Talking about egos..

Let's get a hypoethical situation going;

You and you're friends are invited to a closed beta testing for Uncharted 4 multiplayer. You'll likely find less bugs than the open beta testers found. You'll likely give less feedback than a million people did. 

You'll give your professional feedback. Then what?

None of the issues you and your friend addressed here were changed. 

If you want to make a difference, go and apply to Naughty Dog. Otherwise your feedback is not more valuable than anybody else's. It'd be best if we could give our feedback to ND as a community, like we've done last few years. Favoritism would only cause rifts within the community and it's not the best for the game. 

Message 300 of 368 (205 Views)
0 Likes