Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
1958 posts

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 26, 2013

Some old faces popping back up in here. Good to see. Maybe we're like a flock of geese and we're all showing up because of "instinct". 

Haha, yah never know. 

http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Message 361 of 368 (719 Views)
Survivor
2127 posts

May 29, 2013

supermoc10 wrote:

Here are my ideas for Uncharted 4's Multiplayer. I really think those things would easily put Uncharted on top of every MP game:

12-player Competitive Multiplayer

Ranking System: Apply this to Uncharted: http://www.halocouncil.com/community/index.php?/topic/13768-ideal-ranking-system/

Maps: Less re-used maps. Only bring back one or two of them. Also, screw the dynamic elements as they prevent good competitive gameplay. All maps should be made from scracth (instead of being re-used SP environments) with competitive and balanced play in mind. The game should launch with at least 10 maps. Make maps vary between asymmetrical and symmetrical (UC2 only had symmetrical and UC3 only had asymmetrical). Maps should have clear power positions that players want to hold to win the game. Make it easy to create callouts for your maps that any random could understand.

New Game Modes:

-Domination: 3 Capture Points, 1 at both teams' initial spawns and 1 at the middle of the map. The objective is to control more capture points than the enemy team. Teams earn 1 point every 5 seconds for every flag they own. The score limit is 200 points. It should only be played on symmetrical maps.

-Multi-Flag CTF: Both teams have a flag at their initial spawn point. The objective is to capture the enemy team's flag and bring it back to your base. Flags have a 15 second respawn timer after being dropped. If a player stands next to his team's flag, then the reset timer only lasts 3 seconds. A team cannot score if its flag isn't at home. Games are won by capturing 5 flags or having more flags than the enemy at the end of the timer. If there's a tie at the end of the timer, then the match goes into Overtime. The first time to score during OT wins. If no team scored at the end of the OT then the match ends in a tie. It should only be played on symmetrical maps.

-Neutral-Flag CTF: Works like Multi-Flag but there's only one neutral flag which is located in the middle of the map. It should only be played on symmetrical maps.

-One-Flag CTF: Works like Multi-Flag except that only one team has a flag. One team is the attacking team, the other one is the defending team. It should only be played on asymmetrical maps.

-Search & Destroy: Just copy Black Ops 2.

Map Editor: Have a map editor similar to Forge in Halo. You could allow us to make great looking maps or only let us use the block mesh pallets. Allow us to edit default maps by adding weapons, turrets, closing off routes,etc... Every 2 month, there should be a rotational "Community Maps Test" playlist featuring community maps suggested by members of the community. The best of those maps should then be implemented into the main playlists.

Levels: No more Legacy levels. Instead, there should be a leveling system similar to UC2.

Progression System: UC4 should use a progression system similar to the first Black Ops. Every booster and clothing option should be unlocked from the start. However, they should still cost money like they currently do.

Buddy System: Ditch it.

Red X over dead bodies: In UC Multiplayer, when a player dies, an x appears next to his username at the location of death. I think this should be replaced to a red X similar to what is in older Halo games to make it more visible and make callouts easier.

Blindfire: There shouldn't be a reticule when blindfiring, like in Gears. Also, there shouldn't be aim assist for blindfiring.

Assists: In Battlefield 3, when you make an assist, the amount of points you get equals the percentage of health, you took away from the enemy. A similar system should be used in UC4:

If you deal 0 to 12.5% of damage, you don't get anything.

If you deal 12.5 to 37.5% of damage, you get $25.

If you deal 37.5 to 62.5% of damage, you get $50.

If you deal 62.5 to 99% of damage, you get $75.

Customization/Skins: Follow Luxis’ thread as it is simply perfect. No stats on items. No skeleton skin. Skins should be affected by water,snow,sand,etc. We should be able to purchase (both with in-game and real money) cosmetic items and weapon skins. There should be a lot of weapon skins (including dynamic ones) and new micro-transactions should be added every week.

Loadouts: I think that loadouts should be removed. There were too many balance issues in UC3 MP and I think I'm not the only one that would rather go back to the more balanced and simple style of play in UC2 where all of us start with AKs and fight to control the power weapons. Attachements should stay and work like they do in UC3 co-op. By that I mean, the AK you start with should have the attachments you choose for it. When you pickup an M9, it should have the attachments you choose for it. Same thing with the weapon skins. There shouldn't be "active" attachments like RoF or Accuracy.

Store: Microtransactions but only for Cosmetic items. You might not like Micro-transactions but think about it. They'll fund the game post launch, allowing ND to maintain the Dedicated Servers and give us FREE map packs, which means no more population split.

4-player Split-Screen

Separate Hitboxes

Same Graphics as the story mode.

Dedicated Servers: This will solve the big lag problem we've had in Uncharted multiplayer. If it's too expensive then at least have them for the Ranked Playlists (lag doesn't matter much in a social playlist). It is also unaccpetable that UC doesn't have dedicated servers because most of the other Sony MP games (Starhawk, Killzone, Resistance) have them but UC MP is much more popular.

Server Rental: Allow users to rent servers like in Battlefield 3. This would make it easier to have scrims without lag. It would also facilitate online tournaments.

Search Options: Ability to search for players with Good Connections only and/or who use mics. No Skill option since there’s a Ranked playlist.

Join in Progress: Join in Progress should return but in Social only.

Groups: We should be able to create groups similar to crews in Max Payne 3. We should be able to customize the groups's emblem (and have it on your char), organize Group battles and have rival groups.

Custom Games: Give us the same amount of option as in Halo games (best custom games in gaming). We should also be able to use bots in custom games.

Respawn Times: 5 second in all gametypes.

Static Spawns: The game should use Static Spawns to allow for map control instead of Dynamic Spawns seen in UC3 (can't remember how they were in 2).

Power Plays: Remove them ASAP. It is simply stupid to reward a team for losing.

Power Weapons: There should be waypoints over the weapon's location (kind of like Power Hunter but for everyone) but the range of the icon should be limited. Power Weapons should respawn a set time after pick-up. Power weapon placement should be balanced (for example, place a sniper near both spawns and an RPG in the middle of the map). Do not place power weapons in power positions otherwise it will promote camping.

Challenges/Missions: UC4 should have daily and weekly challenges similar to Halo 4. Missions should be replaced with something similar to Commendations in Halo 4.

BotZone: It would be cool to have a BotZone like in KZ3 where we could use max-leveled characters to train against bots, practice different maps and preview future unlocks. We should be able to bring our parties in BotZone. BotZone should be available offline.

Medal Kickbacks: REMOVE THEM

Boosters: No cheap boosters like Revenge. No levels for boosters. No booster that gives away the enemy's position. No Paid Boosters.

Grenade Throwback: Remove it but for competitive only.

Emblem Editor: The emblem editor should be as advanced as the one seen in Black Ops 2.

Announcer: Less annoying one this time. Make him (YES, HIM) similar to the Halo one (the best one ever). Better yet, make Kevin Butler the announcer (a man can dream).

Testing: The game should have extensive pre-launch testing. That way we'll have less weapon balance issues.

Machimina: This was a really fun mode in U2.  It should make a return, but with some adjustments. We should be able to change our characters animations like U2 (Stealthy, upright, etc…). It would also be cool to see sort of a “level editor” added to the map.  Here we could add different types of weapons to the maps.  Say one map we’d like to make a video on doesn’t have the pak 80.  We’d be able to spawn a pak 80 for the video. This would be a great mode for UC4.  It would help us bring so much more fan generated content to the uncharted universe.

Cinema: Cinema should have a "Highlight Reel" option that would automatically put together two minutes of the player's best moments in a match. We should be able to upload everything from small clips to full matches to YouTube in 1080p. We should be able to commentate over a match directly from the game. The game should also record the live voices and communications in a match. Finally, we should be able to watch a match/clip/whatever with a full party.

Spectator/Shoutcast Mode: Simply copy everything from Black Ops 2's Spectator Mode. It is perfect.

Treasures: Make them more frequent and remove Just Cash. Or have Just Cash but only when we would’ve gotten a treasure we already had.

Uncharted TV: It should come back because it's a great feature. I think that there should be an official Top 5/10 series made by ND so that there's room for other videos. There should be an option in the Cinema to submit a clip directly to ND for a chance to be featured in the Top 5/10. Also, the vids shouldn't only be about Kills. Every week, there should be a different theme like Top Kills, Top Fails, Top Snipes, Top Pistol kills,etc. Players featured in the vids should win prizes. It should have Machimina, Live-streams and other community content.

Official Tournaments: Along with my suggestions that make Uncharted more competitive, I think that ND should host official competitive tournaments for Uncharted 4. E-Sports has proven to be really popular (look at games like LoL,Dota 2,BO2) and are pretty much free advertisement for the games. I think that there should be LAN tournaments that could have online qualifiers and be live streamed on the PS4's front page. That would increase sales of the game.

Downloadable Content: I think Downloadable content should return as it's a great way to extend the game. Since there'll be microtransactions, I think the DLC packs should all be free. That way, the player population won't be split like in Uncharted 3.  As for the packs themselves, I have two suggestions.

-Suggestion 1: DLC packs are released every 3 month. Packs contain 3 competitive maps and 1 Survival maps.

-Suggestion 2: New DLC every month. alternating between 2 MP maps and 1 Survival maps. (that's my preferred suggestion)

PLAYLISTS (gametypes appear as voting options alongside the maps)

SOCIAL

Team Deathmatch (4v4)

-Team Deathmatch

-RPGs only

-Shotguns only

-Grenade Launchers only

-Pistols and Grenades only

-Snipers and Pistole only

-Mag-5 Shootouts

Multi-Team (4 Teams of 2)

-Team Deathmatch

-Treasure Hunter

-RPGs only

-Shotguns only

-Grenade Launchers only

Free-For-All (6FFA)

-Deathmatch

-RPGs only

-Shotguns only

-Grenade Launchers only

Team Objective (these gametypes appear as voting options alongside maps, not like TO from UC3) (4v4)

-Neutral-Flag CTf

-Multi-Flag CTF

-One-Flag CTF

-Treasure Hunter

-Domination

-King of The Hill

-Chain Reaction

The Lab (6v6)

RANKED (Uses ranking system mentioned above. Each playlist has its own rank.)

Team Deathmatch (4v4)

Double Team (2v2)

-Team Deathmatch

-Neutral-Flag CTF

-Multi-Flag CTF

-One-Flag CTF

-King of The Hill

Free-For-All (6FFA) (Counts as victory if you're in the top 3)

Team Objective (4v4)

-Neutral-Flag CTF

-Multi-Flag CTF

-One-Flag CTF

-Treasure Hunter

-Domination

-King of The Hill

-Chain Reaction

Team Hardcore (4v4)

-Elimination

-Search & Destroy

COOPERATIVE (should be 4-player)

Melee should use the same system as the SP mode. It should also use the advancements from the campaigns and look exactly like it. There should also be an Aggro system, like in Army of Two (without the bar of course). For those who don't know how it works, it means that one or two players could draw the attention of enemies thus getting all the aggro. Meanwhile the third player can flank the enemies. Another example would be if there's Player 1's down, Player 2 could draw the Aggro, letting player 3 revive player one.

Downed State: In Co-op, when you lose all your health, you become downed. In this state you can't do anything besides hoping somebody will revive you. I think in this state, we should be able to use our secondary weapon to cover our allies while they rush to revive us. Here's situation where I think that would be useful:

Let's say you're downed and an ally rushes to revive you but a choker grabs him. It would be awesome to be able to shoot the choker, allowing your friend to revive you.

Survival 2.0:  Survival 2.0 should be a 4-player co-op wave-based mode. When playing a custom-game, the host should be able to save the game, allowing the players to resume at the same point at a later date. It would use the following enemy types:

-Pistols (would start with .45 Defenders, then Para 9 and have Arm Micros)

-Burst enemies (would start with Raffica pistols and then have G-Mals)

-Shotgunners (Pistole, Sawed-Off and then SAS-12, not able to snipe with Shotties anymore)

-Long gunners (AK 47, M9)

-Snipers (Tau Sniper, Dragon Sniper)

-Hammers

-RPGs

-Juggernauts

-Chokers

-Suicide Bombers

Players would start with an AK 47, a 92FS-9mm and two grenade. There would be weapon depots (where you'd buy and mod weapons and buy grenades) and booster/equipment depots (where you'd buy boosters, armor to take more bullets, self revives,etc.). The Players would earn money by killing enemies and completing challenges. Every 4 wave, there should be a challenge (get x headshots, melee kill x enemies, etc.) that players in the team should contribute to. When completing a challenge, players should be rewarded with money, weapons, ammo, etc. There should be a 30 second wait time between each waves to let players refill and set up. That timer should be skippable.

Every tenth wave should be a boss wave. Bosses would be:

-Helicopters

-Tanks

-Group of Juggernauts

-Group of Kickback Bosses

After completing a Boss Wave, players would get points as if they had completed a game of Survival. They can then leave and the progress earned after the last boss wave won't count.

After every boss wave, there should be a Djinn transformation given to the enemies when they die with different bonuses:

-Wave 11: More health since they transform after dying (Djinn with yellow fire)

-Wave 21: Bonus of previous wave + 2x more accurate (Djinn with yellow/orange fire)

-Wave 31: Bonus of previous waves + 2x more damage (Djinn with orange fire)

-Wave 41: Even more health, 2.5 x health, accuracy and damage (Djinn with red fire)

Whenever a player is downed, he should be able to use his secondary weapon. If a player dies, he has the option to wait until the end of the wave or buy himself back into the game. If all the players are dead at the same time then the game ends.

Finally, allow us to choose which faction to use in this mode.

Survival Maps: The Survival maps shouldn't be the competitive maps because those are built with PvP in mind (camping, spawns,etc...). Instead, Survival should have it's own maps like Zombies in Call of Duty and Firefight in Halo. The enemy faction should depend on the chosen map (mercenaries,pirates,etc.). There should be 4-5 maps at launch. There could also be maps based on other PS games. Here are some examples:

-Sandover Village from Jak and Daxter. Enemies would all wear Jak goggles or something like that (didn't play Jak so I can't think of too much)

-Killzone: Shadow Fall map (chose that because it's a PS4 KZ). Enemies could wear the outfits of their KZ equivalents (regulars wear Helghast trooper armor, snipers wear Helghast infiltrator armor, Juggernauts wear Heavy Trooper armor,etc.)

-Starhawk map. Same as KZ but with Outcast skins.

-Metropolis from Ratchet and Clank

These maps would work very well with the DLC scheme I proposed.

Very good well thought out post, I'll re post it again because it deserves more attention.

Kudos to you.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Message 362 of 368 (647 Views)
Sackboy
353 posts

May 29, 2013
@supermoc
Agree with everything except the other game maps and djinn. I imagine that there will be another "monster" in UC4 anyways, like the Guardians or slime-y zombies from UC1.
Message 363 of 368 (636 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

May 29, 2013
@DEATH

Thanks a lot. I worked hard on it so I'm glad to see you like it. Hopefully ND sees it.
UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 364 of 368 (611 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Aug 22, 2013

That moment when you realize there is potential but it's so easily ruined by developers like Robert Cogburn and the community.  Using low standards for a tacked on Multiplayer instead going from it's roots.  When a 10/10 score is announced and yet easily be forgotten in the next ten years.  

Message 365 of 368 (505 Views)
Survivor
2677 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2013

now you see i dont see all that competitive talk as being any good for the game, in fact i think its one of the worst things that happen to UC3.

imo the best times in UC3, in terms of having fun, were during the summer beta (even during the subway beta was fun despite all the blindfire), and now when the game is older and has smaller numbers - Why ?? - less tryhards.

It amuses me when i see people giving out about casuals (and newcomers to the game aka noobs), saying that they are the problem with online games.
There is nothing wrong with people who play games casually, they are essential for success, they are actually what feed the game and make it grow in popularity.

Casual players only want to have fun, they are not the ones who are worried about their KDRs and who use all the cheapest tactics in order to win at all costs with a score of 20-0 or else they quit, - no that would be the tryhards who take all the fun out of the game.

They were present in UC2 as well with all their partys of 5 camping the upper ground like in temple but UC3 took tryhard numbers to another level, and with all the unbalance present in UC3 they had a field day (Gmal days stands out the most).

Casual does not = kickbacks and powerplays. The game should be more balanced, but imo the less tryhards the better - that doesnt mean no skill and all casuals, it means the less people playing for their KDRs the better.

UC3 was very attractive to tryhards.

Message 366 of 368 (457 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

Competitive? There was nothing competitive in this game from the start.  Summer Beta had problems and so does the today's version after 17-19 patches.  Maybe that's just the way I view it.

People have their own ways of playing the game from the start regardless someone playing casually or playing religiously.

Point is Naughty Dog is really at fault, their ideas is what made this game into a mediocre Multiplayer  (Though I find it fun and there is potential).   What happened is that Naughty Dog's premise was to make a competitive Multiplayer which sorta failed in a year span.  The infastructure couldn't be fixed because it was at the breach limit on PS3, so ND couldn't do anything to improve the game.  

When they try to monetise the game they failed at it because they didn't really give any value towards it, just copying ideas from Team Fortress 2 instead going a new direction with it. The ideas that ND did make  up were terrible, offered no value whatsoever.   Failed the Free2Play version because obviously took alot of space on the hard drive and you had to pay money to even level up.  (Back to not offering Value)

From these Results alot of the  community left because of no communication and thinking ND abandoned UC3 (rightfully so, nothing can be improved) though they did try some rushed last ditch efforts (effort is a stong word for ND lol)

Right from the Summer Beta to now it was unfinished and uninspiring, however it was fun from time to time and thats what matters.  Maybe we can get some new developers for Uncharted 4 and can treat it to be remembered in the next ten years.(Like what Uncharted 2 was)   Throw addicting and fun ideas into Uncharted instead of gimmicks and useless rehashes.

Message 367 of 368 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 26, 2013

1.5 million players found the Summer beta fun to play. That's what matters in the end of the day.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 368 of 368 (399 Views)