Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2013

Good thread. I definitely can identify with all of it.

Unfortunately I gave up already. Pre 1.05 Uncharted 2's greatness wasn't something they pretended to achieve but a lucky shot, they wanted to go for the casuals from the beginning, that's why they destroyed that game with 1.05 health and never turned it back despite the vocal, desperate and incredibly logical and well written pleas from the community. They tried to make us think they had learnt the lesson and bring back original health for Uncharted 3, but what they did not say is that in return, they'd introduce dozens of new casual-focused trash mechanics, such as megasprint, lock-on blindfire and auto-melee (this wasn't new, but they didn't get rid of it).

They made clear they're not going back to original Uncharted 2 with how Uncharted 3 turned out, and if there's a Uncharted 4 for PS4, it would be made by the incompetent team from 3 and not 2 (The Last of Us), so I can't have any hope.

Good luck achieving something though.

Message 91 of 368 (368 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

May 12, 2013
I still don't get WHY they don't nerf sprint. Seriously, blindfire is a problem and one of the causes is that sprinting is like **bleep** Need for Speed the Run.

And no, NFS TR is horrible. It's the stupidest NFS game in the series.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 92 of 368 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5777 posts

May 12, 2013

NeVeO wrote:

Unfortunately I gave up already. Pre 1.05 Uncharted 2's greatness wasn't something they pretended to achieve but a lucky shot, they wanted to go for the casuals from the beginning, that's why they destroyed that game with 1.05 health and never turned it back despite the vocal, desperate and incredibly logical and well written pleas from the community. They tried to make us think they had learnt the lesson and bring back original health for Uncharted 3, but what they did not say is that in return, they'd introduce dozens of new casual-focused trash mechanics, such as megasprint, lock-on blindfire and auto-melee (this wasn't new, but they didn't get rid of it).

They made clear they're not going back to original Uncharted 2 with how Uncharted 3 turned out, and if there's a Uncharted 4 for PS4, it would be made by the incompetent team from 3 and not 2 (The Last of Us), so I can't have any hope.

Way to be a pessimist.

What is auto-melee? If you run at a player you'll automatically punch them? Nope.

I'd say the "new casual focused trash mechanics" actually make Uncharted 3 a better game than Uncharted 2. 

It's also very optimist to think Uncharted MP will "compete with the big boys of the online space".

I am a realist and I have a good faith in ND that they can make Uncharted 4 MP even more epic than Uncharted 3. For me it's enough that I can find games fairly easy after 2 years of its' release. Uncharted MP needs to develop further, becuase who wants to play the same game over and over? But why it needs to compete with the big boys, that's beyond me. 

This is an irrelevant note but I am surprised how well people know Xbox exclusives. One would think the best console is enough in a household. 

Message 93 of 368 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

May 12, 2013
@ID I assume the auto in melee is that when someone isnear your melee radius and you press square, you punch in that direction no matter what.

Either way... Nerf NFS sprint, give me HC mode, then we're cool.

Seriously, ND. I'll even overlook the stupid Manhunt victim-esque hats.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 94 of 368 (347 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2013

NeVeO wrote:

I don't think they wanted to go with the casuals.  Even players who never touched Uncharted 2 or 3's Multiplayer will probably spot out all the bad implemented stuff from both of the games.      

In my opinion:

In order for Uncharted 4 to be a successful game they need to consider unique ideas that can make the game more fun.   The ideas in Uncharted 3 didn't fit with the multiplayer.  

For Example: Loadouts, mods, Hat customization, Kickbacks, power plays, aim assist from Sniping and blindfire,  also the Tournament System.    

It's obvious that Naughty wanted to monetize the Multiplayer every way they can. Unfortunately UC4 will probably share the same fate given with the History of Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3.  Given with this we can only wait what Naughty Dog will bring in Uncharted 4.    Will they improve the Co-op?  instead of the Bullet sponge it is now.  Will they improve the Game's Matchmaking and Mechanics?  Instead of the obvious loadout system and insta kill gimmicks.  

Though this is what Naughty Dog created and to them this is what they thought that could make this multiplayer fun. 

I'm not asking for Uncharted 2.5  (that belongs to vita lol)   but I'm asking them to expand their horizons on bringing a bigger and better Multiplayer for Uncharted 4.      

I've put tons of hours on both games.   I can only wish for something new that isn't from other games. 

Feel free to disagree.

Message 95 of 368 (325 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2013

NeVeO wrote:

I fully can understand why you feel the way you do.

Though there is nothing I can openly say today to change your mind, I have faith in ND to go in a different, better direction for Uncharted 4 based on some things I've learned behind-the-scenes.

We'll have to wait and see though, your hope may yet be restored. The community must still do as much as it can, even though it may not seem like it your voice is power.

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 96 of 368 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

May 12, 2013
I'm really hyped to know the way UC4 is designed.

ND did wrong with UC3 in many ways, basically they changed the core of the game from UC2 to UC3 except for a few elements (such as platforming). Hopefully our feedback in these 18 months has not been useless, I'm sure ND took notes about the big issues UC3 has like they did with the health.

I completely agree with you about the mistakes ND did with the beta, we couldn't give them the right feedback from it since it didn't have many issues the final game has, for example kickbacks were way more balanced (because of various reasons). Also, a closed beta before the open one could be very useful to the game.
Message 97 of 368 (292 Views)
Splicer
87 posts

May 12, 2013

(not directed at OP)

Whiners have ruined this forum. And this thread.

**bleep** does blindfire have to do with this article?

Message 98 of 368 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 12, 2013

fpogen wrote:

(not directed at OP)

Whiners have ruined this forum. And this thread.

**bleep** does blindfire have to do with this article?

And your comment added nothing of substance to this thread.

Message 99 of 368 (249 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

May 12, 2013
Well he didn't say he wasn't a hypocrite.
Message 100 of 368 (239 Views)
0 Likes