Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/17/2010
Online
6930 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

I read through your artice TW and I'm not quite sure what new you brought to the table. 

 

It's a fact that Uncharted 3 MP has had greater success than UC2 MP did. I don't want you to tell me about "noob friendliness", because I'm on the same boat with you. But is it good for the overall popularity of the game? 

You only represent the competitive player base of the game. Naughty Dog makes their games accessible for the big audience. A lot of people including me couldn't give a flying feather about FN, and want to play for competitively fun. 

Message 21 of 368 (760 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
2874 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 9, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

I read through your artice TW and I'm not quite sure what new you brought to the table. 

 

It's a fact that Uncharted 3 MP has had greater success than UC2 MP did. I don't want you to tell me about "noob friendliness", because I'm on the same boat with you. But is it good for the overall popularity of the game? 

You only represent the competetive player base of the game. Naughty Dog makes their games accessible for the big audience. A lot of people including me couldn't give a flying feather about FN, and want to play for competitively fun. 


but the game is not competitively fun for non-FN guys also, I don't give a crap about FN either, but the game is not fun at all, not for the casuals either, what good does an rpg-kickback do for a casual if the tryhards can beat him anyway with their rpg explosive shell expert gold + bargain + rpg kickback? what good does blindfire do for a casual if the tryhards just sprint blindfire whack and roll them instead? what good do power plays for a casual if the tryhards hide during double damage? (the other 2 power plays are useless for casuals anyway) and so on, all the things Naughty Dog added to help noobs in the game are abused by tryhards, and those tryhards ruin the game for others, and because of those cheap tactics, there is no skill involved at all, if you make the game to be about skill like UC2 (pre 1.05 of course) casuals will of course have a hard time too, because higher levels are better, but with a decent matchmaking system and teambalancing, they could have fun too because they play against levels like them, of course there are alternate accounts, but if they just remove the stupid leaderboards (which were absent in UC2 too when it got released, good times) there will be no need for people to make alternate accounts...

Message 22 of 368 (747 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/17/2010
Online
6930 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 9, 2013

I'm not lucky enough to have played UC2 pre 1.05. Smiley Indifferent

 

Again, I am not really a fan of noob-friendly stuff in Uc3 ( hitboxes, blindfire ), but I'd think Uc3 is more fun to the casuals than Uc2 is. At least it has been more fun to me and I wouldn't consider myself a casual. They should aim for the best balance between competitiveness and fun.

 

I agree that a decent matchmaking system is in place, with a mercenary tdm mode. Parties play parties, noobs play noobs. You say the game isn't fun for either party. Maybe it has to do with the matchmaking we have. 

Message 23 of 368 (740 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

@Matt

I hide during Double Damage, but I don't consider myself a tryhard; it's just the logical thing to do, I think. I mean, why would I purposely put myself at a disadvantage when I know I'd better hide? As much as I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, I surely don't want to ruin my own, either...
That aside, you do make some very good points. I'm not a Fragged Nation player either, but I must admit that this game has ceased to be fun, for me. So much so, that I haven't played in over a week...

 

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 24 of 368 (721 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/17/2010
Online
6930 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 9, 2013

Black_MiD wrote:

Matt

I hide during Double Damage, but I don't consider myself a tryhard; it's just the logical thing to do, I think. I mean, why would I purposely put myself at a disadvantage when I know I'd better hide? As much as I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, I surely don't want to ruin my own, either...

 


No, you are in denial. Only tryhards would hide during DD. It's pathetic.

Message 25 of 368 (717 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 9, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

Matt

I hide during Double Damage, but I don't consider myself a tryhard; it's just the logical thing to do, I think. I mean, why would I purposely put myself at a disadvantage when I know I'd better hide? As much as I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, I surely don't want to ruin my own, either...

 


No, you are in denial. Only tryhards would hide during DD. It's pathetic.


Avoiding cheap 1-melee-hit kills and other such nonsense is "pathetic"? No, sir, it's just rational...

 

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 26 of 368 (711 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/17/2010
Online
6930 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 9, 2013

Black_MiD wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

Matt

I hide during Double Damage, but I don't consider myself a tryhard; it's just the logical thing to do, I think. I mean, why would I purposely put myself at a disadvantage when I know I'd better hide? As much as I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, I surely don't want to ruin my own, either...

 


No, you are in denial. Only tryhards would hide during DD. It's pathetic.


Avoiding cheap 1-melee-hit kills and other such nonsense is "pathetic"? No, sir, it's just rational...

 


NOT MY KDR!!!

yemen drake

 

Message 27 of 368 (703 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10210 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 9, 2013
I don't hide in DD rven against Dragon users.

You wanna play ball with your currently 1HK Dragon? BRING IT THEN.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 28 of 368 (693 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 9, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

Matt

I hide during Double Damage, but I don't consider myself a tryhard; it's just the logical thing to do, I think. I mean, why would I purposely put myself at a disadvantage when I know I'd better hide? As much as I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, I surely don't want to ruin my own, either...

 


No, you are in denial. Only tryhards would hide during DD. It's pathetic.


Avoiding cheap 1-melee-hit kills and other such nonsense is "pathetic"? No, sir, it's just rational...

 


NOT MY KDR!!!

yemen drake

 


If that's really your best attempt at debate, then I pity you...
I rarely play this game anymore, so, when I do, I try to have fun... And, to me, getting killed by 3 pistol shots or 1 punch IS NOT FUN, which is why I hide during DD.

 

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 29 of 368 (693 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/17/2010
Offline
1112 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 9, 2013
No doubt there's potential. Problem is... will Naughty Dog Deliver? Unfortunately given with it's history on its community and how ND communicates with its fans plus to mention how they respond to it.

I'm having doubts, Uncharted is too big for its kind. Usually the first time they offer is when it's GOTY material because the developer puts the best effort to make it fun. Given the history and how opposing the community can get with one another. My guess Uncharted 4 will follow the same path as Uncharted 3.

I hope I am wrong, feel free to disagree with my opinion.
Message 30 of 368 (668 Views)