Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/08/2013
Offline
324 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2016
 
Message 81 of 368 (415 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
1419 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 11, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

I wouldn't mind if they designed the single player campaign with co-op in mind. The co-op AI in RE5 was okay so Naughty Dog should be able to create something similar.


Nah Drake isn't always with a partner, it would affect the way they are able to tell the story IMO.

They should simply put more effort & resource into Co-op online.

Message 82 of 368 (412 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/17/2010
Offline
4346 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

[ Edited ]
May 12, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

GMRcris wrote:

*snip*

 

Point being regardless of it's these examples or maybe Rainbow Six Patriots comes out of nowhere, or hell maybe Unreal Tournament makes an "EPIC" comeback, Uncharted isn't the only one seeking to be at the top and I would argue the competition has a leg up in more ways than one.


For risk of going too far off on other tangents:

 

I never said it will be easy, but the path is clear and if executed correctly UC4 can be a definitive multiplayer game for next generation--even more so for the PS4.


It's not going off tangent, I am just pointing out a few examples of the competition that Uncharted 4 MP will be up against when it comes to the who's who of "definitive competitive multiplayer".

 

One thing to note, you mention all the great friends, the people, the community, the hard work the Uncharted community has done and how far it has come. You surely must realize this isn't unique to Uncharted MP. There are MP communites bigger, smaller than our own here that have worked hard, that have made great friends with one another, etc...What makes Uncharted anymore deserving of being the definitive MP experience over the rest? I mean Gears, Killzone, Resistence, etc...all have great and refined MP experiences, why don't they deserve to be definitive multiplayer experience? There are passiontate and dedicated players in these communites that love their games as much as ours or more. These developers most likely put in TONS of crunch hours into their games in the hopes that people take note, people care and maybe even it becomes the next break out game.

 

So I ask again, why does X or Y game deserve to be deemed as the 'definitive multiplayer experience",  on their respective platofrms? A strong vocal passionate community? A dedicated and hard working developers? While these are all important sometimes, believe it or not that's not enough. Sometimes no matter how hard you work, no matter how hard you try it isn't enough. Sometimes something takes off, and others don't, yet all have worked hard and were passionate and cared. Sometimes it's just a matter of the luck of the draw.

 

I know the path won't be easy, idk if I would say the path is "clear", the path is paved by other developers and their respective communites will be competing for the definitive multiplayer they feel they so rightfully deserve. That goes for the PS4 platform, the next Xbox and the PC. Hell maybe even Super Smashs Bros on the Wii U could be the next break out multiplayer experience idk.

Message 83 of 368 (405 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/08/2013
Offline
324 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2016
 
Message 84 of 368 (398 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/25/2012
Offline
541 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 11, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

I wouldn't mind if they designed the single player campaign with co-op in mind. The co-op AI in RE5 was okay so Naughty Dog should be able to create something similar.


Nah Drake isn't always with a partner, it would affect the way they are able to tell the story IMO.

They should simply put more effort & resource into Co-op online.


Drake had backup throughout most of UC3 though. If they make the single player campaign co-op then they don't have to waste resources on making a separate online campaign that isn't going to be even remotely as large as the single player one.


Smiley Sad But I like Co-op Adventure

 

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Message 85 of 368 (386 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 11, 2013

Black_MiD wrote:

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

I wouldn't mind if they designed the single player campaign with co-op in mind. The co-op AI in RE5 was okay so Naughty Dog should be able to create something similar.


Nah Drake isn't always with a partner, it would affect the way they are able to tell the story IMO.

They should simply put more effort & resource into Co-op online.


Drake had backup throughout most of UC3 though. If they make the single player campaign co-op then they don't have to waste resources on making a separate online campaign that isn't going to be even remotely as large as the single player one.


Smiley Sad But I like Co-op Adventure

 


Same. If they're doing it a la Army of Two, they're going to have to remove the times when Drake's alone (there's always that part in ALL UC games. Even Golden Abyss. I assume for dramatic personal reflection).

 

Also I hope Co-op Adv stays. Notice, it's the only story where Drake didn't blow too much **bleep** up and where he ACTUALLY GOT SOMETHING.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 86 of 368 (379 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
1419 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 11, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

I wouldn't mind if they designed the single player campaign with co-op in mind. The co-op AI in RE5 was okay so Naughty Dog should be able to create something similar.


Nah Drake isn't always with a partner, it would affect the way they are able to tell the story IMO.

They should simply put more effort & resource into Co-op online.


Drake had backup throughout most of UC3 though. If they make the single player campaign co-op then they don't have to waste resources on making a separate online campaign that isn't going to be even remotely as large as the single player one.


No Co-op play should be exclusive to online play. They have a story to tell, they are gonna need Drake to be alone at times to progress the story it would severely hamper the game. Uncharted is built around being an immersive cinematic story experience something Co-op play will hinder, plus character development will take a hit.

 

They should focus on Co-op online, Tweak Adventure Mode, give us back a survival only mode with more than 10 rounds... I could go & on but then I will stray way off topic... but We don't need Co-op in Single Player.  

Message 87 of 368 (340 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14267 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 11, 2013

Lazyboy256 wrote:
@Aurei

I played Halo CE on the PC, it was really fun.

While the pistol was a little too good (the M9 of the game), you could do work with almost anything you had.

Also, you had to always lead your target depending on the ping. For low pings you aimed a little ahead, and the distance would increase from then on.
While it's probably a consequence of the game's netcode, I felt it added a nice skill gap where better players knew where to lead and would win gunfights for the most part.

I can't say much of it competitively though. I'd hunt for some nice servers to play and go from there

All I remember is being hugely impressed with Halo 3 more than all the others.

 

The matchmaking in that was absolutely epic. I got to about level 35, Kept going up and down around the 35 area. At a certain point you found your skill level and were matched accordingly, so you'd almost always have close games.

 

I'll probably try and find CE someday when I go out to a old game store or something.



Message 88 of 368 (331 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/17/2009
Offline
690 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 12, 2013
Halo 3's matchmaking was pretty good from what I can remember too. Uncharted can definitely take notes. Someone linked a...very lengthy (but insightful) proposal made on some Halo forums about improving that ranking system even more, to Fakehound's U4 topic.


Man, if U4 had something like that, matchmaking would be awesome. Just using Halo 3's system in U3 now would probably improve matchmaking tremendously, and us lone wolf players might actually get decent teammates and fair competition against parties.

And I'd reconsider buying CE PC. I could be wrong, but I think the GameSpy servers keeping online afloat were shut down some time ago. There's probably a community out there keeping their own servers up, so you could look up on that if ya want.
Message 89 of 368 (318 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4: Realizing Potential

May 12, 2013

GMRcris wrote:

One thing to note, you mention all the great friends, the people, the community, the hard work the Uncharted community has done and how far it has come. You surely must realize this isn't unique to Uncharted MP. There are MP communites bigger, smaller than our own here that have worked hard, that have made great friends with one another, etc...What makes Uncharted anymore deserving of being the definitive MP experience over the rest? I mean Gears, Killzone, Resistence, etc...all have great and refined MP experiences, why don't they deserve to be definitive multiplayer experience? There are passiontate and dedicated players in these communites that love their games as much as ours or more. These developers most likely put in TONS of crunch hours into their games in the hopes that people take note, people care and maybe even it becomes the next break out game.

Indeed, there are many other developers out there trying to make their game the next big thing. The last Killzone and Resistance games had more MP success than Uncharted despite disappointingly imbalanced gameplay. Gears on the other hand has done even better (likely due to its balanced gameplay), and that's with very little competitive support from Epic.

 

So I have no doubts that Uncharted can reach at least a similar level of success compared to the aforementioned.

 

Uncharted is simply more unique and interesting to an average gamer than most of what is out there today (in terms of shooters). I think that's the best thing Uncharted has going for it. That, and its active/developed competitive foundation in place already.

 

So I ask again, why does X or Y game deserve to be deemed as the 'definitive multiplayer experience",  on their respective platofrms? A strong vocal passionate community? A dedicated and hard working developers? While these are all important sometimes, believe it or not that's not enough. Sometimes no matter how hard you work, no matter how hard you try it isn't enough. Sometimes something takes off, and others don't, yet all have worked hard and were passionate and cared. Sometimes it's just a matter of the luck of the draw.

I disagree, games that don't succeed typically have failed noticeably in some aspect. If you do everything right there's little to preventing you from accomplishing the majority of your goals. Not to say you can replicate success every single time with a set formula, but history has shown certain constants to successful multiplayer.

 

I know the path won't be easy, idk if I would say the path is "clear", the path is paved by other developers and their respective communites with be competing for the definitive multiplayer the feel they so rightfully deserve. That goes for the PS4 platform, the next Xbox and the PC. Hell maybe even Super Smashs Bros on the Wii U could be the next break out multiplayer experience idk.

I don't think anything can be more clear for Sony. Make Uncharted the next big multiplayer game via a shift in development, marketing, and support. It's imperative that they commit 100% though.



Lazyboy256 wrote:
Halo 3's matchmaking was pretty good from what I can remember too. Uncharted can definitely take notes. Someone linked a...very lengthy (but insightful) proposal made on some Halo forums about improving that ranking system even more, to Fakehound's U4 topic.


Man, if U4 had something like that, matchmaking would be awesome. Just using Halo 3's system in U3 now would probably improve matchmaking tremendously, and us lone wolf players might actually get decent teammates and fair competition against parties.

And I'd reconsider buying CE PC. I could be wrong, but I think the GameSpy servers keeping online afloat were shut down some time ago. There's probably a community out there keeping their own servers up, so you could look up on that if ya want.

Agreed, I've been advocating for a true ranking system since UC2. Halo has definitely done it better than anyone else, it's time for ND to copy something good from other games instead of half-assed emblem systems.

Message 90 of 368 (293 Views)