Nov 19 2013
By: Link-25- First Son 29 posts

Uncharted 4 Story theory !

[ Edited ]
24 replies 13945 views Edited Nov 26, 2013

UNCHARTED 4 : Story Theory !

Capture-d-ecran-2013-11-15-a-08.57.06_534xX.png

If we are to believe the map that you fly during the short teaser for Uncharted 4 , the game could take place , at least in part, on the island of Sainte Marie in Madagascar. What is interesting is that this island has long been the haunt of pirates in the Indian Ocean while taking advantage of its position on the route to India to board many ships. So much so it was, for a time, famous Isle of Forbans . Some famous pirates like William Kidd, Henry Every or Avery John have stayed well . They had even founded a real pirate republic of the seventeenth to the eighteenth century with more than 1,000 pirates. This republic , Libertaria and had a motto " For God and Liberty ", motto also appears in the teaser .

Pirates? We remember rightly , you had mentioned it a few months ago , a trailer for Naughty Dog where in the background you could see an artist work on characters that resembled nothing so much as pirates.

naughtydogpirates_534xX.jpg

But the trail of hackers do not stop there ... So, while the teaser advance, handwritten half covered with blood phrase appears "Every betrayed us all". As we said earlier Every was a famous pirate, even called King of the Pirates.

Better , advancing frame by frame in the trailer, we have an even more intriguing discovery, a hidden cryptogram . Thus, 00.23 , appears very briefly a short code .

Capture-d-ecran-2013-11-15-a-09.02.28_534xX.jpg

After doing some research, we discovered that it was a variant of the Masonic alphabet , also called the Pig Pen. But as we try to translate it, we get a series of letters without any meaning . But it may be that Naughty Dog wants . For the Masonic alphabet, was made famous by a hacker ... just . Legend has it that the aptly named The Hawk, while he was on the scaffold , ready to be hanged , would have thrown in a public letter covered with these symbols exclaiming " my treasure who will understand " ... but the cryptogram has never been completely deciphered . Treasure hunters who still continue to search for the treasure of the nozzle , think it might be buried in Reunion , Mauritius and Madagascar . As such, the nozzle itself would have lived on the island of Sainte Marie.

cryptogramme_534xX.jpg

That make all these tracks? First, it is increasingly likely that the next Uncharted is a direct link with the world of piracy. One would imagine a good opening as surprising as that of Uncharted 3 in the form of flashbacks where you embody a pirate before returning to the present in the skin of the hero Nathan Drake. By cons , it is still struggling to see the connection with Nathan 's ancestor Sir Francis Drake. For the latter, although he sailed on the route to India and then sailed off the island of Madagascar lived long before the era of pirates since he died in 1596.

L1000569_534xX.jpg

Then , in view of the island of Sainte Marie , hopefully Naughty Dog returns to his first love with exploration, like in Uncharted 1 , a wild island blending atmosphere jungles, mysterious caves , beaches paradise ... Another interesting info in our opinion , Sainte Marie is also well known for its beautiful seabed , among the finest in the world . And we know that Naughty Dog , Uncharted 1 from dream to create "real" underwater stages ...

ile-ste-marie_534xX.jpg

As to the question of whether the game is simply called Uncharted or Uncharted 4, we may also have the answer. At the end of the teaser appears a skull , symbol, you know, pirates. On his skull, draw three lines and that last bar . This clearly means 4. So we would favor Uncharted called Uncharted 4.

And ends with a final index, the Latin words that surround the skull at the end of the teaser . It says : " Hodie mecum eris in Paradiso ." The translation of this phrase is "Today thou shalt be with me in paradise . " These are the last words of Christ who said on the cross , a thief crucified next to him and asked, " Lord , remember me when you come into your kingdom. " A new mystery to decipher ...

A Uncharted atmosphere pirates, anyone?

( sorry for my bad English eventual ).

NEWS :

Motion Capture for the next Uncharted seems to be underway!

We lead increasingly to the probability that embody more Nathan Drake but perhaps one of his ancestors from the past!

1385425689-u1.png

1385425702-u2.jpg

But I warn you that we have a poor teaser for now, it may well eventually we found our dear Nathan Drake but the game involves a few strides in the past in the interest of history .

In any case, looking forward to more.

Hebergeur d'image

❖❖❖❖❖❖ ☆★ ЦИĈĦÂRŦЄÐ ПÂ$ŦЄR ★☆ ❖❖❖❖❖❖
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (13,945 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2837 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 theory.

Nov 19, 2013

Link-25- wrote:

If we are to believe the map that you fly during the short teaser for Uncharted 4 , the game could take place , at least in part, on the island of Sainte Marie in Madagascar. What is interesting is that this island has long been the haunt of pirates in the Indian Ocean while taking advantage of its position on the route to India to board many ships. So much so it was, for a time, famous Isle of Forbans . Some famous pirates like William Kidd, Henry Every or Avery John have stayed well . They had even founded a real pirate republic of the seventeenth to the eighteenth century with more than 1,000 pirates. This republic , Libertaria and had a motto " For God and Liberty ", motto also appears in the teaser .

Pirates? We remember rightly , you had mentioned it a few months ago , a trailer for Naughty Dog where in the background you could see an artist work on characters that resembled nothing so much as pirates.

But the trail of hackers do not stop there ... So, while the teaser advance, handwritten half covered with blood phrase appears "Every betrayed us all". As we said earlier Every was a famous pirate, even called King of the Pirates.

Better , advancing frame by frame in the trailer, we have an even more intriguing discovery, a hidden cryptogram . Thus, 00.23 , appears very briefly a short code .

After doing some research, we discovered that it was a variant of the Masonic alphabet , also called the Pig Pen. But as we try to translate it, we get a series of letters without any meaning . But it may be that Naughty Dog wants . For the Masonic alphabet, was made famous by a hacker ... just . Legend has it that the aptly named The Hawk, while he was on the scaffold , ready to be hanged , would have thrown in a public letter covered with these symbols exclaiming " my treasure who will understand " ... but the cryptogram has never been completely deciphered . Treasure hunters who still continue to search for the treasure of the nozzle , think it might be buried in Reunion , Mauritius and Madagascar . As such, the nozzle itself would have lived on the island of Sainte Marie.

That make all these tracks? First, it is increasingly likely that the next Uncharted is a direct link with the world of piracy. One would imagine a good opening as surprising as that of Uncharted 3 in the form of flashbacks where you embody a pirate before returning to the present in the skin of the hero Nathan Drake. By cons , it is still struggling to see the connection with Nathan 's ancestor Sir Francis Drake. For the latter, although he sailed on the route to India and then sailed off the island of Madagascar lived long before the era of pirates since he died in 1596.

Then , in view of the island of Sainte Marie , hopefully Naughty Dog returns to his first love with exploration, like in Uncharted 1 , a wild island blending atmosphere jungles, mysterious caves , beaches paradise ... Another interesting info in our opinion , Sainte Marie is also well known for its beautiful seabed , among the finest in the world . And we know that Naughty Dog , Uncharted 1 from dream to create "real" underwater stages ...

As to the question of whether the game is simply called Uncharted or Uncharted 4, we may also have the answer. At the end of the teaser appears a skull , symbol, you know, pirates. On his skull, draw three lines and that last bar . This clearly means 4. So we would favor Uncharted called Uncharted 4.

And ends with a final index, the Latin words that surround the skull at the end of the teaser . It says : " Hodie mecum eris in Paradiso ." The translation of this phrase is "Today thou shalt be with me in paradise . " These are the last words of Christ who said on the cross , a thief crucified next to him and asked, " Lord , remember me when you come into your kingdom. " A new mystery to decipher ...

A Uncharted atmosphere pirates, anyone?

( sorry for my bad English eventual ).

great theories, although I would like some visual evidence of that masonic code you speak of, I don't notice it in the trailer :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (13,922 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Nov 19, 2013

Capture-d-ecran-2013-11-15-a-09.02.28_534xX.jpg

No problem look :smileywink:

Hebergeur d'image

❖❖❖❖❖❖ ☆★ ЦИĈĦÂRŦЄÐ ПÂ$ŦЄR ★☆ ❖❖❖❖❖❖
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (13,918 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9825 posts

Nov 20, 2013
Freemasons, huh? Nick Cage will get a kick outta this.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (13,888 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Nov 20, 2013

I can not wait for this game to come out >_<. You have a grand theory going on and can not wait to see what the game has in store.  :robotlol:

HO HO HO AHHH SANTA JAWS

\ /

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~^~~~~~\o/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

============Who gives presents and bites people?================

=================Santa Jaws!====================

===============================================================
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (13,867 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2837 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

Link-25- wrote:

I found out what does symbols mean, like you said it seems like just gibberish, because translated it says:

vevejpk
vkni

but when I googled that, I got a link in which someone has discovered that this means memento mori, which means: remember, you will die...

the user doesn't explain how he translated it, but if you look at the letters, it seems legit, the v=m, e=e and k=o, it fits perfectly :smileyhappy:

edit: I found out how he comes to memento mori, he uses a variant of the pigpen cipher, usually the pigpen cipher is 2 grids and then 2 crosses (grid: ABCDEFGHI) -> (grid with dots: JKLMNOPQR) -> (X-shape: STUV) -> (X-shape with dots: WXYZ)

but, found on wikipedia, there is a variant to this script:

The core elements of this system are the grid and dots. Some systems use the X's, but even these can be rearranged. One commonly used method orders the symbols as shown in the above image: grid, grid, X, X. Another commonly used system orders the symbols as grid, X, grid, X. Another is grid, grid, grid, with each cell having a letter of the alphabet, and the last one having an "&" character. Letters from the first grid have no dot, letters from the second each have one dot, and letters from the third each have two dots. Another variation of this last one is called the Newark Cipher, which instead of dots uses one to three short lines which may be projecting in any length or orientation. This gives the illusion of a larger number of different characters than actually exist

if we follow that variant I marked in black in the text above: (grid: ABCDEFGHI) -> (X-shape: JKLM) -> (grid with dots: NOPQRSTUV) -> (X-shape with dots: WXYZ)

if you translate the pigpen cipher found in the uncharted teaser with this variant, you indeed get the sentence: memento mori

but in the end all this effort is meaningless, because a sentence 'remember, you will die...' isn't much of a clue, couldn't they put nathan drake in pigpen ciphers or something, then at least we had some reward for the effort, memento mori doesn't get us anywhere... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (13,828 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Wow.  People are really getting into this…which is great.  This teaser was “early” though…I really expected the first Uncharted news to be at the VGAs in December so maybe we’ll get more information to “chew” on then.

I find the whole topic of hints and clues interesting though.  ND (or anyone in the know on some “secret”) walks a fine line between giving enough to have a reasonable chance of gleaning something and making it too obvious.  The problem is that pretty much everyone in a position to judge is probably already in the know…as in:

Q. “This is what we’re thinking of putting in the teaser.  Do you think it’s too obvious?”

A. “Are you kidding me?  You can’t put that in the video.  I mean, why not just post the complete Uncharted plotline on forums now?  Have you lost your mind?”

I wonder if ND conducted focus groups on the teaser.  Let people watch it, give them Internet access for a day (or however long) and see what they come up with.

Who has ever played some trivia game where you try to help someone out with clues or hints?  I don’t know how many times over the years I’ve given multiple clues (some of them glaringly obvious to me) and yet the person can’t get the answer.  Then the same person in the same game takes an INCREDIBLY obscure (or so YOU think) hint/clue and gets the answer right off the bat.

I think if I was ND, my teaser would contain the most absurdly vague references and STILL I’d be afraid that someone would hit upon some of them.  It’s like a giant trivia game where there are thousands of VERY motivated people, steeped in Uncharted lore pitting themselves against you.

Let the games begin. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (13,810 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2192 posts

Nov 20, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

Wow.  People are really getting into this…which is great.  This teaser was “early” though…I really expected the first Uncharted news to be at the VGAs in December so maybe we’ll get more information to “chew” on then.

i think in the past ND has given out a teaser a couple weeks before the VGA's then at the event they show more of it (like a full trailer)? i can't recall myself (since i wasn't heavily involved with uncharted 2 or the VGAs at the time uncharted 3 was announced and same goes with uncharted 2 and if they've done this even before that) ... but that's what i hear

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (13,798 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9825 posts

Nov 20, 2013
Memento mori... Well, we're back from the start. Kinda what the dude in the trailer was trying to say.

Although the fact that there's freemasonry...

Sounds like Uncharted's Creed 4.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (13,772 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2837 posts

Nov 21, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

i think in the past ND has given out a teaser a couple weeks before the VGA's then at the event they show more of it (like a full trailer)? i can't recall myself (since i wasn't heavily involved with uncharted 2 or the VGAs at the time uncharted 3 was announced and same goes with uncharted 2 and if they've done this even before that) ... but that's what i hear

with The Last of Us they teased a BBC video with the cordyceps fungus on ants a few weeks before the VGA's and then at the VGA's they showed the first The Last of Us trailer featuring Joel and Ellie and some clickers and confirmed (know one knew that before the VGA's) that Naughty Dog was the developer of The Last of Us

what you say about showing small trailers and showing an extended trailer at the VGA's is not something done by Naughty Dog, that's the VGA's who are advertising their event with snippets of trailers that the developers gave to them, that happened in the 2012 VGA's that you saw the story trailer for The Last of Us during the VGA's and a few weeks before it you saw a small teaser trailer (which was a 10 second scene from the full trailer) where Joel threatens to hit a man with a pipe

so I doubt they'll show us anything at the VGA's, Arne said that we won't hear anything for a while now, Naughty Dog just wanted to confirm they are working on Uncharted for PS4, but why should we believe Arne, he said a few days ago that the Uncharted 3 team was now figuring out what they were going to work on next :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (13,736 Views)
0 Likes