Fender Bender
2623 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 confirmed to be 'in the cards'?

Oct 6, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
^I think are really misusing that word when they simply mean that it's a throwback to the old methodical Socom PS2 online era of play. More slow paced and less rambo.

Yeh I agree when I first played TLOU, Socom 2 came to mind that was my fave PS2 MP- but TLOU is of coursed more refined with better mechanics.

Message 31 of 54 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Oct 6, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

runner21 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
I just don't understand why people like TLOU...

Quality story with fun gameplay.

And an innovative MP.

Spoiler
It's all opinion, really.

I understand the MP. Even though I really don't like the free molotovs for losers.

I absolutely loathed that story though. I'm adding a spoiler here to try and explain my problem with it.

Spoiler
You start the game, your character has a soul, he has a daughter, she dies, he becomes this souless monster for 90% of the game, sure I understand why, but it doesn't make him interesting, it makes him a bland uncaring soul with what feels like no hope of saving. I didn't care about him, gave me no reason to at all. Just seems like a bad premise for making an interesting character someone can get attached to.
Spoiler

At the University area he started warming a little and showing some soul. The game was getting better at that point but it wasn't even far from the end, the ending was all wrong IMO too... If he lost everything again you'd have no choice but to feel sorry for him, but.. He won, and sacrificed potential world saving in the process? Huh. After all that.. It just makes the character development go from dad, souless, selfish... I don't even care at the point the credits rolled.

Games with souless characters I guess are not my strong point. But Heavy Rain had the same premise of character development without infected.

Spoiler
Guy loses kid, guy turns into a souless guy, guy finds reason to carry on.

Only difference is. You knew why you were doing it and you were following your objective for a good reason.

TLOU just nullified the entire plot for the reasons above.

I hate plots that fall into oblivion... At the end is just.. Why did you make me play all that to have an ending like that kind of feeling.

I think I'm more angry at the fact that at it's core it's got everything to be an epic game. The story just angers me so much.

Thought TLoU was a big bag of meh, didn't like LBP (Creator Curators are so **bleep** annoying IMO) but to be honest I played the story, finished it in a week, played a bit of online, didn't like it much, went back to U3/Dishonored. Yay!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 32 of 54 (260 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1166 posts

Oct 6, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

runner21 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

And an innovative MP.

Spoiler

I understand the MP. Even though I really don't like the free molotovs for losers.

I absolutely loathed that story though. I'm adding a spoiler here to try and explain my problem with it.

Spoiler
You start the game, your character has a soul, he has a daughter, she dies, he becomes this souless monster for 90% of the game, sure I understand why, but it doesn't make him interesting, it makes him a bland uncaring soul with what feels like no hope of saving. I didn't care about him, gave me no reason to at all. Just seems like a bad premise for making an interesting character someone can get attached to.
Spoiler

At the University area he started warming a little and showing some soul. The game was getting better at that point but it wasn't even far from the end, the ending was all wrong IMO too... If he lost everything again you'd have no choice but to feel sorry for him, but.. He won, and sacrificed potential world saving in the process? Huh. After all that.. It just makes the character development go from dad, souless, selfish... I don't even care at the point the credits rolled.

Games with souless characters I guess are not my strong point. But Heavy Rain had the same premise of character development without infected.

Spoiler

Only difference is. You knew why you were doing it and you were following your objective for a good reason.

I hate plots that fall into oblivion... At the end is just.. Why did you make me play all that to have an ending like that kind of feeling.

I think I'm more angry at the fact that at it's core it's got everything to be an epic game. The story just angers me so much.

Joel is not a good guy.  There's no doubt about that.

The part that really made me angry:

Spoiler
After they get out of the sewers Joel finds a note from someone saying they were going to join up with Ish because they think they might me safer. Joel: "Yeah look how that turned out."  Go choke on a lollipop Joel.

I never really understood Aureilia's love for Sully until we saw his interactions with Nate in flash-back form.  Uncharted is a series with characters we can root for without really feeling conflicted about it.  I ended TLOU satisfied, can't wait to start my Survivor playthrough.  Uncharted will always be my video game comfort food though.  Like crispy french fries, nom nom.

Photobucket
Message 33 of 54 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Oct 6, 2013

Banting-Best wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

runner21 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

And an innovative MP.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
After they get out of the sewers Joel finds a note from someone saying they were going to join up with Ish because they think they might me safer. Joel: "Yeah look how that turned out."  Go choke on a lollipop Joel.

I never really understood Aureilia's love for Sully until we saw his interactions with Nate in flash-back form.  Uncharted is a series with characters we can root for without really feeling conflicted about it.  I ended TLOU satisfied, can't wait to start my Survivor playthrough.  Uncharted will always be my video game comfort food though.  Like crispy french fries, nom nom.

Did it on Hard, can't be bothered with/can't stomach a Survivor playthrough. Besides, I have U1/Dishonored to Platinum...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 34 of 54 (254 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1166 posts

Oct 6, 2013

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Did it on Hard, can't be bothered with/can't stomach a Survivor playthrough. Besides, I have U1/Dishonored to Platinum...

I should probably get my Metro Last Light Platinum finished first, Tombraider is a no-go for sure sadly.  I actually missed quite a lot of TLOU in terms of collection, which is why I'm anxious to get started.  I Plated all three Uncharted games, Drake's Fortune was a very proud moment.  Actually all the Uncharted games are a fun Platinum, but Drake's is the most worth while IMO.

Photobucket
Message 35 of 54 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Oct 6, 2013

Banting-Best wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

I should probably get my Metro Last Light Platinum finished first, Tombraider is a no-go for sure sadly.  I actually missed quite a lot of TLOU in terms of collection, which is why I'm anxious to get started.  I Plated all three Uncharted games, Drake's Fortune was a very proud moment.  Actually all the Uncharted games are a fun Platinum, but Drake's is the most worth while IMO.

Yeah, and I suppose it's the hardest with all the certain attack-related Trophies ie Brutal Combo :smileyhappy:

Message 36 of 54 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Oct 6, 2013

Banting-Best wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

Yeah, and I suppose it's the hardest with all the certain attack-related Trophies ie Brutal Combo

I should really put more time in to certain games though - I'm so close to getting the Plat on a few games:

GTA IV

Heavy Rain

Dishonored

PS All Stars Battle Royale

Black Ops 2

DiRT Showdown

Etcetra...

Message 37 of 54 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2332 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2013

Banting-Best wrote:

LongLiveHelghast wrote:

tomb raider was a pain in the **bleep** to get platinum, but my trophy whoreness overcame it and i got it eventually (if you look at my trophy card in my signature my latest platinum trophies are in there, Tomb Raider is the 4th on the left, bottom row), but i think it's easier now since you don't have to buy the general to get that one trophy (so you only have to get to the top level once instead of 4 times) i wish there were more games like uncharted, they've all been relatively easy to plat and also really fun at the same time

Message 38 of 54 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9623 posts

Oct 6, 2013
They deleted the juicy comments :smileysad:

Message 39 of 54 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13777 posts

Oct 6, 2013

Banting-Best wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

runner21 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

And an innovative MP.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sully for me shows throughout countless times in Uncharted 2 that he always sticks by Nate no matter what the odds are. His character is fantastic in that sense and also the other part to him which is fed through diglogue which gives you info on the kind of character he would be if he wasn't treasure hunting.

If Nate didn't keep Sully busy. He'd be in a bar picking up women. Sounds like a fun kind of guy.

In Uncharted 1 I kind of thought he was just going to be a villain in the end. His character just feels like the best developed one to me. I always knew Elena was going to be the trophy hanging off Nate. Chloe was a pretty cool addition.

Sure I get why Elena is there. It makes sense and I don't have much against the character, but it's all very predictable. I don't have a problem with that.

Sully has many dimensions though. Apart from GlaDOS the best character of the last generation.

Message 40 of 54 (213 Views)