Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 confirmed to be 'in the cards'?

Oct 5, 2013

Apparently Uncharted 4 was on Gamestop's website. Maybe someone would like to google that and find out more, quite honestly I don't believe Uncharted 4 will ever happen. They have had 2 years to announce something.

Apart from Sully though I feel the other characters have got stale. New characters needed. Even though I don't like Cutter due to a lack of any backstory maybe they can make me care... Finally they gave me reasons to care about Nate in Uncharted 3. They finally gave him a soul.

Maybe I missed the point about Uncharted 3... I hate a lot of it, I prefer the more in your face action from Uncharted 2, but it sure did develop Nate and Sully much better than previous games. Before Sully was this cool, funny older guy and Nate was just there, but it gave you the reasons.

I'm still missing the other half of the plotline though. The hints.... What is Drake's secret? Why was it not revealed? What is his real name?

I get the impression ND are going to pull the worst end to a plot since Shenmue ended accidentally.

I may give Uncharted 3 a hard time, I hate some things about it, overall I still love it though. There is more Needed even if ND don't think so.

Message 11 of 54 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Oct 5, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Apparently Uncharted 4 was on Gamestop's website. Maybe someone would like to google that and find out more, quite honestly I don't believe Uncharted 4 will ever happen. They have had 2 years to announce something.

kind of ... if i remember correctly the gamestop website in germany had a very vague uncharted game for the ps4 listed just as "Uncharted"

i was reading up on this a while back and i was told that retailers do stuff like this all the time (even if it's completely made up); so this doesn't necessarily mean anything, i don't know of any examples of this, but i'm sure it has happened before ... so i don't know, for me personally i have to hear it from ND or Sony before i can start to hype about another uncharted game out (i believe there will be one eventually, but it's just a matter of when, i could believe 2 years down the road ... in the mean time, these "leaks" or "false leads" (whatever your stand is on the matter) don't get me anymore hyped for something that may or may not come out)

Message 12 of 54 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Oct 5, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

kind of ... if i remember correctly the gamestop website in germany had a very vague uncharted game for the ps4 listed just as "Uncharted"

i was reading up on this a while back and i was told that retailers do stuff like this all the time (even if it's completely made up); so this doesn't necessarily mean anything, i don't know of any examples of this, but i'm sure it has happened before ... so i don't know, for me personally i have to hear it from ND or Sony before i can start to hype about another uncharted game out (i believe there will be one eventually, but it's just a matter of when, i could believe 2 years down the road ... in the mean time, these "leaks" or "false leads" (whatever your stand is on the matter) don't get me anymore hyped for something that may or may not come out)

The good news is...

Amazon put Mirror's Edge online 2 days before E3, took it down and then it got advertised at E3.

The bad news is...

ND usually would have announced it many months ago.

Message 13 of 54 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

The good news is...

Amazon put Mirror's Edge online 2 days before E3, took it down and then it got advertised at E3.

The bad news is...

ND usually would have announced it many months ago.

ya i think if it comes time for the VGAs and it still isn't announced, it's probably not coming or ND is working on a new IP

Message 14 of 54 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Oct 5, 2013

reply to guys above ^

I agree, the VGA's is most likely when ND announces there next game, hopefully UC4, they need an extra year I think because of the new hardware, and UC3 was a little rushed, so my guess is that they announce it during the VGA's, if ND doesn't show up there, it must be a new IP, they can't work for more than 3 years on an excisting franchise, right?

Message 15 of 54 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

reply to guys above ^

I agree, the VGA's is most likely when ND announces there next game, hopefully UC4, they need an extra year I think because of the new hardware, and UC3 was a little rushed, so my guess is that they announce it during the VGA's, if ND doesn't show up there, it must be a new IP, they can't work for more than 3 years on an excisting franchise, right?

Then I'm done with them. Their last new IP wasn't exactly great.

Smiley Indifferent

Message 16 of 54 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11605 posts

Oct 6, 2013
^You're right. It wasn't great.

It was amazing!

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 17 of 54 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4237 posts

Oct 6, 2013

h

UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 18 of 54 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 6, 2013
Some people like TLOU. Honestly it's like the series ND starts always tackle a different demographic.

I for one hated Jak and Crash and if they had more cartoony **bleep** going on before Uncharted.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 19 of 54 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Oct 6, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Do they sell these things? I'd so buy it! Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 54 (340 Views)
0 Likes