Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
18576 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 confirmed to be 'in the cards'?

Oct 6, 2013

renatabls wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Do they sell these things? I'd so buy it! :smileysad:

That's actually a model that's located in Naughty Dog's headquarters. They don't sell them, I'm afraid (from what I know). :smileysad:

Message 21 of 54 (226 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1166 posts

Oct 6, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Banting-Best wrote:

Here's my opinion, Uncharted 4 annouced a few weeks before the PS4 is released, I'll bet there will be a a specially themed machine.

I'm waiting, your move Sony.

do you mean that UC4 will be a launch title? if so, that won't happen, you don't announce a game just a few weeks before release...

Nah, not a launch title, just something else to hype people up for the PS4.  TLOU was a huge seller, considering it was a brand new game without a number behind it.  That's probably drawn some folks into ND's titles.  Also ND didn't want to steal TLOU's thunder, but I think now is close to the time for some kind of announcement.

My gosh, UC3 was announced 3 years ago.

Photobucket
Message 22 of 54 (205 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10068 posts

Oct 6, 2013
I didn't realize UC3 was announced around '10. I actually only got into UC a few days after UC3 released, and it was only because Driver wasn't there and I am not playing goddamn NBA.

I really don't think UC4 is a launch title. I think they're trying to make TLOU popular still. It's slow on picking up a decent pool, unlike UC3. This is considering UC3 is like... **bleep** horrible SP.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 23 of 54 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13429 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Some people like TLOU. Honestly it's like the series ND starts always tackle a different demographic.

I for one hated Jak and Crash and if they had more cartoony **bleep** going on before Uncharted.

I just don't understand why people like TLOU...

The only thing I can put it down to is obvious fanboys.

If I was buying it for the multilayer sure I don't like that component for one particular reason but it has some merit...

The SP though.. Play as an emotionally dead inside character for many hours before he finally comes out of that a little and then the game rather abruptly ends?

Gameplay is pretty well crafted I'll give it that... But the story is probably one of the worst I've ever come across. When LittleBigPlanet has more soul and depth when it's really not supposed to you know you made a bad story.

It mystically makes the bad Uncharted 3 script appear like it was written and directed by Spielberg.

The only positive that came from it is I can really appreciate the effort made with Uncharted 3 now.

Message 24 of 54 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1241 posts

Oct 6, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Quality story with fun gameplay.

And an innovative MP.

Spoiler
It's all opinion, really.

Message 25 of 54 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13429 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2013

runner21 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Quality story with fun gameplay.

And an innovative MP.

Spoiler
It's all opinion, really.

I understand the MP. Even though I really don't like the free molotovs for losers.

I absolutely loathed that story though. I'm adding a spoiler here to try and explain my problem with it.

Spoiler
You start the game, your character has a soul, he has a daughter, she dies, he becomes this souless monster for 90% of the game, sure I understand why, but it doesn't make him interesting, it makes him a bland uncaring soul with what feels like no hope of saving. I didn't care about him, gave me no reason to at all. Just seems like a bad premise for making an interesting character someone can get attached to.
Spoiler

At the University area he started warming a little and showing some soul. The game was getting better at that point but it wasn't even far from the end, the ending was all wrong IMO too... If he lost everything again you'd have no choice but to feel sorry for him, but.. He won, and sacrificed potential world saving in the process? Huh. After all that.. It just makes the character development go from dad, souless, selfish... I don't even care at the point the credits rolled.

Games with souless characters I guess are not my strong point. But Heavy Rain had the same premise of character development without infected.

Spoiler
Guy loses kid, guy turns into a souless guy, guy finds reason to carry on.

Only difference is. You knew why you were doing it and you were following your objective for a good reason.

TLOU just nullified the entire plot for the reasons above.

I hate plots that fall into oblivion... At the end is just.. Why did you make me play all that to have an ending like that kind of feeling.

I think I'm more angry at the fact that at it's core it's got everything to be an epic game. The story just angers me so much.

Message 26 of 54 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2429 posts

Oct 6, 2013

Can someone please explain to me what is actually 'Innovative' about TLOU MP?? That word gets thrown around so much without actual merit behind it pertaining to this game lol.

Other than crafting weapons & sharing inventory what is so different about this TDM focused MP?

Message 27 of 54 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10068 posts

Oct 6, 2013
I'm sure other people also question why we like UC the way we question why people like TLOU.

It's all preference, really. We like UC so obviously we think the pros outweigh the cons.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 28 of 54 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8676 posts

Oct 6, 2013
^I think are really misusing that word when they simply mean that it's a throwback to the old methodical Socom PS2 online era of play. More slow paced and less rambo.

Message 29 of 54 (159 Views)
Fender Bender
2429 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I'm sure other people also question why we like UC the way we question why people like TLOU.

It's all preference, really. We like UC so obviously we think the pros outweigh the cons.

And thanks for NOT answering the question that was actually asked.

Message 30 of 54 (156 Views)
0 Likes