Wastelander
685 posts

Re: .Re: Uncharted 4 expectations.

Dec 4, 2013

Some things (like better graphics and spectator mode) are a given (I hope).

So here’s my short list:

• Better/more online coop options.
  • A great single player story (maybe with an online coop option?).
  • A villain that doesn’t die at the end.  While it is somewhat satisfying to “end” the bad guy/gal at the end, (IMHO) the best villains from literature and entertainment are those that persist and are sympathetic on some levels (the quintessential “misunderstood” antagonist).
  • Customizable female characters.
Message 11 of 39 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11447 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 expectations.

Dec 4, 2013
I want a black main character in the next Uncharted, preferably a comic relief character.

I want every other word coming out of his mouth being "Oh, heII nah!"

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 12 of 39 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3510 posts

Dec 4, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I gotta agree with you on melee, matt, although on the SP only. Let me elaborate.

In SP, ever since UC2, we got this, what, A to punch, B not to be punched? What the hell, is this the 90s? Am I playing some old arcade game with only two goddamn buttons? Come on, the UDF Heavy/Light combos were so cool, if you mixed it with UC3's Grapple, hot goddamn we got ourselves a decent alternative to shooting.

This won't work with MP that much, though. GTA uses the simple Dodge/Punch combo, and a fair melee combat takes around 1 minute or more because almost everyone can counter a hit.

yeah, I was listing things just for the story, not for the multiplayer Smiley Wink

and indeed, the combos in Uncharted 1 were great, and that it required timing was great, because then there was some satisfaction to it, which isn't by just tapping square 3 times and sometimes a counter (which was very predictable because grey suit soldiers don't counter, and black suit soldiers do counter), it was ok, but I liked Uncharted 1 much more...

I disagree though with you on the UC3 grab, I thought it was horrible, especially when I wanted to go in cover to stealthkill an enemy, but instead it grabbed him and pushed him away, that was so annoying, also it just didn't feel good, just like the jump from building on enemy melee action, that was very bad implemented as well, it was very imprecise that they actually had to make a button prompt for it, assassin's creed has not problem with assassinating enemies from a rooftop, so why can't the best developer in the world make it without having to look for the right position so that a button prompts appears...

Message 13 of 39 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3510 posts

Dec 4, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

- better melee than prevous Uncharteds

- better stealth than prevous Uncharteds

- better gun mechanics than prevous Uncharteds

- better climbing mechanics than prevous Uncharteds

- etter set piece moments than prevous Uncharteds

- better writing and humor than prevous Uncharteds

- better story than prevous Uncharteds

- better level design than prevous Uncharteds

in addition to that:

- underwater gameplay

- more open levels, although as long as they are not so corridor designed as in Uncharted 3 it will be ok too

- better boss battles, think like bigger scale and more thinking involved instead of just shooting and finish of with a QTE

- puzzles that are actually difficult (although Uncharted 3 did them quite good) and don't just involve opening a diary

- etc...

one step at a time Duke, one step at a time Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 39 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Dec 4, 2013

60 fps and spectator mode would be more than welcome. A complete overhaul of the network infrastructure should be a must as well. No more partysplits and less lag friendly matches. A ping filter would be nice too instead of the inaccurate connection bars.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 39 (317 Views)
Naughty Paw
11447 posts

Dec 4, 2013
I want a first person view toggle.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 16 of 39 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3302 posts

Dec 4, 2013

- 4 Player Co-op Survival Mode no less than 50 rounds. 

- Being able to play as any character in Co-op 

- Higher Player Count preferable 16 players. 

- More Arena Type maps like Plaza

- Only defensive KB's if they do make a return.

- Bring Back Loadouts

- Ability to make & publish BMM's or something similar to Halo 3's Forge Mode

- UC2 Rank System

- No more splitscreen in Comp.

- Better implemented Cheater / Report System. 

- Ability to queue & join friends in game.

Message 17 of 39 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Dec 4, 2013

Honestly....I want less puzzles in the single player game.  I don't mind something here or there....But I hate the forced puzzles in U3 that really interrupt the gameplay.....My favorite chapters are the ones with action and no puzzles.  

Instead of puzzles, I'd rather have to make some choices that somehow would influence the path toward the outcome....and yield different events happening based upon your choice.  This would also really enhance the replay value of the single player campaign.  

As for online multiplayer....I'd like to see enhanced co-op features as well....Expand the modes, add some variation into co-op arena, have a survival mode that goes on like 15 rounds and really, really gets ultra tough...

As for competitive multiplayer, I'd like to see more options for the mercenary player.  I enjoy playing TDM and objectives...But I pretty much avoid those modes if I'm not in a party and just play FFA or Coop.  It would be nice if there were some sort of FFA objective playlist although not quite sure what it would consist of....

In my opinion, the real meat of the game for me is the online multiplayer.  I would guess that most people that have invested heavy hours into this game have done so mainly because of multiplayer....At I know for me it's what have given this game "staying" power ....So I'd really like to see them focus on that aspect.

Overall though, I don't want a complete overhaul.  I want a solid single player game with a good story and good graphics with solid shooting action.....And a robust multiplayer with tweeks and enhancements of what we had in U3.  I don't want to see thme trying to re-invent the wheel....Stick to what's worked in U2 and U3.

Message 18 of 39 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11447 posts

Dec 4, 2013

tts42572 wrote:

Honestly....I want less puzzles in the single player game.  I don't mind something here or there....But I hate the forced puzzles in U3 that really interrupt the gameplay.....My favorite chapters are the ones with action and no puzzles.  

Instead of puzzles, I'd rather have to make some choices that somehow would influence the path toward the outcome....and yield different events happening based upon your choice.  This would also really enhance the replay value of the single player campaign.  

As for online multiplayer....I'd like to see enhanced co-op features as well....Expand the modes, add some variation into co-op arena, have a survival mode that goes on like 15 rounds and really, really gets ultra tough...

As for competitive multiplayer, I'd like to see more options for the mercenary player.  I enjoy playing TDM and objectives...But I pretty much avoid those modes if I'm not in a party and just play FFA or Coop.  It would be nice if there were some sort of FFA objective playlist although not quite sure what it would consist of....

In my opinion, the real meat of the game for me is the online multiplayer.  I would guess that most people that have invested heavy hours into this game have done so mainly because of multiplayer....At I know for me it's what have given this game "staying" power ....So I'd really like to see them focus on that aspect.

Overall though, I don't want a complete overhaul.  I want a solid single player game with a good story and good graphics with solid shooting action.....And a robust multiplayer with tweeks and enhancements of what we had in U3.  I don't want to see thme trying to re-invent the wheel....Stick to what's worked in U2 and U3.

You're asking for a whole different game.

Everything else sounds good.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 19 of 39 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Dec 4, 2013

In my opinion the puzzles should be way harder, I truely miss those old school hardcore puzzles in games where you actually have to think.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 39 (283 Views)
0 Likes