Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 expectations.

Dec 5, 2013

kio123waxcolor wrote:
Some puzzles in UC3 weren't as hard as those in 1 or 2.. I think they can just balance it out by making you fight some scary thing whilst solving a puzzle, like in UC2 where you had o escape the yetis in the frozen temple.

To be honest, that wasn't more of a puzzle than it was just plainly dodgeball with a sentient ball that's pretty huge. I would prefer like how the spider scene with Charlie was. I mean, it wasn't much of a puzzle as it is calculating which trajectory of the torch hits the thing so you can get out, but it was a nice combo of survival and mindgames.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 31 of 39 (1,225 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Dec 5, 2013
Maybe it could have a mod where you could watch a game if like, you are new to the game you could see how others win and try them out for yourself
Message 32 of 39 (1,224 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1228 posts

Dec 5, 2013

Open Worldish Uncharted 

Message 33 of 39 (1,220 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Re: .Re: Uncharted 4 expectations.

Dec 5, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

If its puzzles you like, I highly recommend Portal 2.  Entertaining voice acting and I’ve rarely laughed so hard…figuring out the coop levels with a friend was a blast. Smiley Happy

yes I have it, it's great indeed Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 39 (1,201 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Dec 5, 2013

johnnyjh wrote:

Open Worldish Uncharted 

nah, the levels just need to be bigger, not so corridor designed as they were in Uncharted 3 most of the time, Uncharted 2 level design was good enough, but if we let the imagination run wild, then I hope we go back and forth between Nate and some fellow in the past on madagascar, and let a part of madagascar be open world where we can explore as the ancestor and fight with swords instead of guns, and as Nate we just play the regular Uncharted formula, but that's just imagination running wild, it will not happen Smiley Tongue

Message 35 of 39 (1,200 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2013

Personally I prefer the Hitman Absolution style of open world. It's not sandboxish like GTA, but it has a big map which lets you have your own approach to scenes so there's no forced approach to the goal.

I'm thinking three common methods: the "I'm smart. Puzzles have nothing on me," the "I played Call of Duty and this is obviously the only way to play the game", and "I played MGS. No worries, I got this".

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 36 of 39 (1,194 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Dec 5, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Personally I prefer the Hitman Absolution style of open world. It's not sandboxish like GTA, but it has a big map which lets you have your own approach to scenes so there's no forced approach to the goal.

I'm thinking three common methods: the "I'm smart. Puzzles have nothing on me," the "I played Call of Duty and this is obviously the only way to play the game", and "I played MGS. No worries, I got this".

I think Batman Arkham City had the best open world I've ever played, the open world wasn't very big, but it was functional, there was different stuff to do everywhere, and the good thing about such a small open world is that there were even side missions that you didn't know were there, what I mean by that is that there is for instance a dead body somewhere lying in an ally, but it has no objective marker to it, you just need to find it, look for clues, and then you're into a side mission where you have to find (in this case) the 'identity thief', I thought that was brilliant, because after I found that first body, you go look around the open world for more bodies to get more clues so you can catch this killer, that's how open world games should be, not a whole big space of nothing and some objective markers that lead you to areas of importance while the rest is just sitting there...

Message 37 of 39 (1,188 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 5, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I think Batman Arkham City had the best open world I've ever played, the open world wasn't very big, but it was functional, there was different stuff to do everywhere, and the good thing about such a small open world is that there were even side missions that you didn't know were there, what I mean by that is that there is for instance a dead body somewhere lying in an ally, but it has no objective marker to it, you just need to find it, look for clues, and then you're into a side mission where you have to find (in this case) the 'identity thief', I thought that was brilliant, because after I found that first body, you go look around the open world for more bodies to get more clues so you can catch this killer, that's how open world games should be, not a whole big space of nothing and some objective markers that lead you to areas of importance while the rest is just sitting there...

I consider it sandbox when side-missions exist. I prefer pseudo-open world linear games, bro.

Message 38 of 39 (1,184 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Dec 5, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I consider it sandbox when side-missions exist. I prefer pseudo-open world linear games, bro.

yeah, I get that, I just wanted to point out the reason why I don't like (which is I think the same reason why you don't like it) open world games, because it's in most cases just a big map that makes you waste time getting to the next objective, and that's why I brought op Batman Arkham City because that game makes the open world meaningfull, and actually adds to the gameplay, by adding this sense of exploration and discovery Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 39 (1,178 Views)
0 Likes