Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 02 2012
By: tapantaola Ghost of Sparta 13011 posts

Uncharted 4 is coming Soon (TM)?

115 replies 1925 views Edited Dec 2, 2012

http://dualpixels.com/2012/11/29/rumor-behind-the-scenes-with-first-party-hardware-and-third-party-s...

– Sony is near the middle end part of their Project Orbis, their next generation PS4. It will not be called Playstation 4, teams have started to call the final name as Omni. Omni will reflect their new hardware and content delivery philosophy. Omni will be “very capable” of doing modern day graphics compared to a Direct X 11 level of technology like Unreal Engine 4 and Frostbite 2. Compared to Wii U, it is better, but not the biggest leap in the world according to developer friends of mine. The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen. One application from an entertainment perspective seeing movies in 2k, 4k or IMAX resolutions as their original size where you have to move your head to look at the full picture being displayed. Can also synch with the Vita. The new controllers whether it’s the Duo-Moves or the Classic DuoShock will have pulse sensors in the grips for biofeedback gameplay. Plans are a Basic Unit with 160 gigs and just the system with controller at $350-$399 and one with the Omniviewer and a pack-in game for $450-$499. Aims are for a September 2013 launch.

– Omni is also part of their philosophy with the new OmniCloud, the new version of Gaikai [Gaitai Spelling Error Fixed]. This service will not only cloud stream PS1, PS2 and select PS3 games to Playstation Certified devices but will also allow every digital and retail purchase to have access to a copy on the cloud. Basically, you buy one game, you can use it on any Plyastation device. Direct hardware Backwards Compatibility will be available by a $70 – $99 dongle that is plugged into the Omni that contains a PS3 on a chip with Cell to run games.

– Known first party games in development for Playstation Omni are: Next Gen Uncharted, Next Gen Siren, The Boydguard, Wipeout Omni, Bump In the Night, Killzone 4, Gran Turismo Prologue, Next Gen Media Molecule, Omni Fitness.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 1 of 116 (1,925 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 is coming Soon (TM)?

Dec 2, 2012
Sounds crazy!
Nice find tap, this is quite interesting :smileyhappy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 2 of 116 (1,890 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1247 posts

Dec 3, 2012
I saw this article on GameFAQS awhile back, but I didn't think too far into it. How are we supposed to know it's real? If course, I would LOVE if it was.
Message 3 of 116 (1,856 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

Dec 3, 2012
UC4 will be a launch window title for PS4/"Omni".
Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 4 of 116 (1,844 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 3, 2012

tripleWRECK wrote:

So, we won't have a MP beta for UC4, right?

And we all know what that means...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 5 of 116 (1,841 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1247 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Hopefully they learned the first time. I don't see ND messing up the MP gameplay again. The technical issues will probably be present, though.
Message 6 of 116 (1,835 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
620 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Sounds awesome. I think the release date is going to be a bit later though. 

Message 7 of 116 (1,821 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Very interesting. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

But ND has to do a better job now if they want me to buy UC4. They've already lost me as a potential TLOU buyer...

Message 8 of 116 (1,815 Views)
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Dec 3, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

http://dualpixels.com/2012/11/29/rumor-behind-the-scenes-with-first-party-hardware-and-third-party-s...

– Sony is near the middle end part of their Project Orbis, their next generation PS4. It will not be called Playstation 4, teams have started to call the final name as Omni. Omni will reflect their new hardware and content delivery philosophy. Omni will be “very capable” of doing modern day graphics compared to a Direct X 11 level of technology like Unreal Engine 4 and Frostbite 2. Compared to Wii U, it is better, but not the biggest leap in the world according to developer friends of mine. The key is the Omniviewer, a thin, lite and slick head mounted autosteroptic display that can track the users head and presents a 360 image view with semi transparent AMOLED screens. This can turn any TV into a 3D TV, as well as add extra augmented reality information outside of the TV screen. One application from an entertainment perspective seeing movies in 2k, 4k or IMAX resolutions as their original size where you have to move your head to look at the full picture being displayed. Can also synch with the Vita. The new controllers whether it’s the Duo-Moves or the Classic DuoShock will have pulse sensors in the grips for biofeedback gameplay. Plans are a Basic Unit with 160 gigs and just the system with controller at $350-$399 and one with the Omniviewer and a pack-in game for $450-$499. Aims are for a September 2013 launch.

– Omni is also part of their philosophy with the new OmniCloud, the new version of Gaikai [Gaitai Spelling Error Fixed]. This service will not only cloud stream PS1, PS2 and select PS3 games to Playstation Certified devices but will also allow every digital and retail purchase to have access to a copy on the cloud. Basically, you buy one game, you can use it on any Plyastation device. Direct hardware Backwards Compatibility will be available by a $70 – $99 dongle that is plugged into the Omni that contains a PS3 on a chip with Cell to run games.

– Known first party games in development for Playstation Omni are: Next Gen Uncharted, Next Gen Siren, The Boydguard, Wipeout Omni, Bump In the Night, Killzone 4, Gran Turismo Prologue, Next Gen Media Molecule, Omni Fitness.

if true, then these are my responses to it:
- at least not again a starting price of 600, 400 is a reasonable prize to me

- doesn't the number 4 resembles death in China and perhaps other regions in Asia, because that could be a reason why there is no PS4, but PS Omni instead, anyway, I would prefer PS4

- not impressed with the graphical update, but Naughty Dog knows how to push the hardware to it's limits, so that won't be a problem I guess

- sadly not any news on inFamous 3 for the PS4, but then again, I am not sure if it is smart to continue the series

- hooray for Media Molecule :smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 116 (1,801 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2122 posts

Dec 3, 2012

tripleWRECK wrote:

I am firmly against this. hate seeing great ideas getting forced into a launch release.

MGS4 decided against a launch release, and we all know how that turned out.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 10 of 116 (1,780 Views)