Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
9895 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4 is coming Soon (TM)?

Jun 5, 2013
^ is that a pun on the storyline of UC3?


But yeah, I sincerely hope UC4 is better in terms of SP.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 116 (261 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/05/2011
Offline
3354 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4 is coming Soon (TM)?

Jun 5, 2013
^yes

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.


"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us


"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 116 (257 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/06/2012
Offline
2591 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4 is coming Soon (TM)?

Jun 5, 2013

Yes, ND has just tweeted the teaser trailer for Uncharted 4 - Drake's Compromise. Unfortunately, it seems like Nolan North isn't going to return for this one.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png


I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 116 (253 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
1419 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4 is coming Soon (TM)?

Jun 5, 2013

fyiByas wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:
UC4 is coming fall 2014 Mark my word no way Sony would allow a 6 year span between UC3 & 4.

Plus I think it's safe to asssume both teams will work on UC4 over the next year.



If thats the case then there would be no potential. IMO

 

That AAA Fatigue, I tell you man.  


Are you kidding me?

It's a pretty safe bet 'IF' UC4 is announced this year it will be arriving Fall 2014 that's a 3 year break between UC3 & 4 how can fatigue possibly happen when it's on a brand new system?

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 116 (245 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/17/2010
Offline
1109 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4 is coming Soon (TM)?

Jun 5, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:
Are you kidding me?

It's a pretty safe bet 'IF' UC4 is announced this year it will be arriving Fall 2014 that's a 3 year break between UC3 & 4 how can fatigue possibly happen when it's on a brand new system?


Yes a 3 year break, however if thats the case.  Then the team that worked on Uncharted 3 would be working on Uncharted 4.  

 

Besides Launch titles are almost never good to begin with IMO. (Not all launch titles are bad) Though they are good sellers for the console.   Much rather have them spend good time on making the best game possible.  

 

However with the community we have it'll probably falter down to a mediocre tacked on Shooter.  Instead of being consider as the best 3rd Person Shooter.

 

I know this might sound bad but I don't want to see Uncharted 4 Revealed at E3.  Because I know I'll be disappointed.  

 

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 116 (231 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/05/2011
Offline
3354 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4 is coming Soon (TM)?

Jun 5, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

fyiByas wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:
UC4 is coming fall 2014 Mark my word no way Sony would allow a 6 year span between UC3 & 4.

Plus I think it's safe to asssume both teams will work on UC4 over the next year.



If thats the case then there would be no potential. IMO

 

That AAA Fatigue, I tell you man.  


Are you kidding me?

It's a pretty safe bet 'IF' UC4 is announced this year it will be arriving Fall 2014 that's a 3 year break between UC3 & 4 how can fatigue possibly happen when it's on a brand new system?


I think what he means by fatigue is that it is the 4th entry in the franchise and that it might feel redundant. Uncharted 3 did feel like it went back and did things Uncharted 2 had already done, only to fo it worse (crumbling city, globetrotting, and from UDF Sully's apparent death). That was over a two year production time, and you do mention that this game will have a longer break between the last instalment. Hopefully the longer prep time results in a return to form for Uncharted, but franchise fatigue is a valid concern.

 

Personally I don't care how long they milk the franchise. I'd be up for Uncharted: Drake's Midlife Crisis, and Uncharted: Drake's Retirement Home (because his son's a **bleep**).

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.


"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us


"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 116 (227 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/17/2010
Offline
1109 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4 is coming Soon (TM)?

Jun 5, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:
I think what he means by fatigue is that it is the 4th entry in the franchise and that it might feel redundant. Uncharted 3 did feel like it went back and did things Uncharted 2 had already done, only to fo it worse (crumbling city, globetrotting, and from UDF Sully's apparent death). That was over a two year production time, and you do mention that this game will have a longer break between the last instalment. Hopefully the longer prep time results in a return to form for Uncharted, but franchise fatigue is a valid concern.

Personally I don't care how long they milk the franchise. I'd be up for Uncharted: Drake's Midlife Crisis, and Uncharted: Drake's Retirement Home (because his son's a **bleep**).


Exactly!    

 

You word it much better than I would've said. I just want to see something unique out of the Franchise that would draw me in.  

Uncharted 3 was essentially another version of UC2.  Except this one had loadouts,kickbacks,prestige,power plays, redone maps, hats, aim assist, melee, sprint etc.       

 

Alot of the stuff was not needed.  Sure I think sprint had potential but it's that Gears of War Sprint where the camera zooms in.   I like the awareness and getting into cover actually ment something.

 

I can ignore Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed because it's obvious that these future games will have a convoluted storyline with rehashed content.  However seeing Uncharted going that route?  I would be disappointed. 

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 116 (214 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/02/2009
Offline
957 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4 is coming Soon (TM)?

Jun 5, 2013

U4 as a launch title wouldnt be the best idea, rushing a game because of some more hardware sales is stupid.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 116 (182 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2841 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4 is coming Soon (TM)?

Jun 5, 2013

fyiByas wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

that Uncharted 4 is coming is inevitable I think, it's Sony's best franchise and it would sell a lot of PS4's, the only thing I hope is that Naughty Dog is making it, not Sony Bend, please...


Golden Abyss is a pretty solid game.   I actually enjoyed the Singleplayer more than Uncharted 3. 

 

 


I haven't played it, but I can't believe you enjoyed it's single player more than uc3's single player, at least not in terms of story, scale and set-pieces, uc3 is way better, I heard that uncharted golden abyss has better exploration and single player replay value compared to uc3, that I can agree on, but I find it hard to believe that it is better than uc3...

Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 116 (155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
9895 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 4 is coming Soon (TM)?

Jun 5, 2013
UGA's story is better. Just saying, it was actual treasure hunting, not skulking about crap I don't care about and stuff.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 116 (188 Views)
Reply
0 Likes