Survivor
1868 posts

Re: Uncharted 4 is the final Uncharted?

[ Edited ]
last month
@Aureilia Agreed!

My theory on why the M9 is still the most over used gun is because:
#1: It never got destroyed like the G-Mal or FAL-SS, the nerf weakened it but it's still the best gun. People are also probably unaware that the FAL-SS, AK-47 and G-Mal are usable now, they're not as good as the M9 though.
#2: People are too reliant on the fact it has both great accuracy and blindfire accuracy, the blindfire nerf in 1.18 was meaningless for weapon variety since they downgraded the blindfire on all the weapons equally, so the M9 and Para-9 would continue to remain supreme.
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 76 (261 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9824 posts

last month

SjShane wrote:
@TheStuntDouble Pre-1.02 Raffica was the best Raffica.

This is from the 1.02 patch notes:
"Blindfire targeting adjusted so that opposing players past a certain vertical angle above and below won’t be hit."

This effected all the guns, but hurt the Raffica the most, as it has recoil for every bullet.

I'm not fond of blindfire, but I'd rather have a decent variety of blindfire weapons, instead of just a Para-9 and an M9.

Weapon Variety >>> Weapon Balance.

Why would you blindfire a Raffica? That pistol's a gold mine for long-range kills, and I'm not even using a sniper rifle anymore.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 76 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13033 posts

last month

SjShane wrote:
@Aureilia Agreed!

My theory on why the M9 is still the most over used gun is because:
#1: It never got destroyed like the G-Mal or FAL-SS, the nerf weakened it but it's still the best gun. People are also probably unaware that the FAL-SS, AK-47 and G-Mal are usable now, they're not as good as the M9 though.
#2: People are too reliant on the fact it has both great accuracy and blindfire accuracy, the blindfire nerf in 1.18 was meaningless for weapon variety since they downgraded the blindfire on all the weapons equally, so the M9 and Para-9 would continue to remain supreme.

Personally I still find the G-MAL unusable with the settings I use. it has no aim assist at all which works heavily against my sensitivity settings.

I'm cool with the FAL-SS and AK... The G-MAL needs aim assist, I can't track sprint with a weapon that needs usually three bursts. I could if I had higher sensitivity settings but I'm not raising that and weapons in the game I don't think should rely on how much sensitivity you have. That isn't balanced or fair.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 76 (224 Views)
Wastelander
559 posts

last month
This aiming system allows no such thing as range, unless u count blindfire with the kal which only severely causes imbalances :/

The only thing separating these guns is the so called recoil, potential for kills/minute, blindfire accuracy, and how much aim assist screws u over when compared to other guns. There really is no close or long range.

I use all the guns for fun, even the ak which I'm with. Now that thing is still imbalanced

The gmal is actually easier to aim than the fal now, the only tricky thing about it is the amount of kick from the 3rd bullet. It makes it feel like it has wibbly aiming. U can get used to it to the point where all ur shots land exactly where u desire, but that took me a long time to figure out.

The reason the fal feels unbalanced is not cuz its underpowered. Its the aim assist and imbalance with character movements and animations. I can do great with the fal but its now more if a chore since lag seems to affect the single shot characteristic of this gun. Many of ur shots will not seem to count against laggers. If you're facing an opponent running off to the side or towards u at an angle, you're pretty much screwed since the aim assist will NOT ALLOW u to follow them. Its rapid exaggerated deceleration is what makes aiming difficult when you're trying to be precise with this gun :U

Its the most precise gun in this game if the aim assist doesnt screw u over. Ive used the gmal and fal a lot and prefer to play w/o power weapons or blindfire as a challenge. It forced me to get a ton of legit headshots and figure out many aiming tricks in u3. Every single time the aim assist kicks in with multiple enemies I'm screwed unless i corner shoot to zoom in in only 1. I can even make the m9, ak, and fal, gave a sort of lock on at any range so recoil is nonexistant ._.

The problem was always the aim assist, the way its currently implemented is way too drastic. Its lazy. The aim assist is too drastic, both deceleration & decelerating. It discourages skilled aiming. It also makes range combat similar, inly difference is the size if the target and how much aim assist goes wacky w/multiple opponents.

If they had altered that from the beggining, nerfed guns and performance would have been waaay different. Its like ND felt we players couldn't aim. It also allowed a smaller skill gap >_>

Stopping power was needed in order to balance out this system, especially when ppl can exploit the aim assist and blindfire way too accurate while allowing quick movements which can't be followed w/aiming.

B4 any1 says its me who can't aim, nope lol i like quick reaction games and have gotten used to aiming quick and accurately. This system discourages accurate aiming with many imbalances.

It was never fleet foot or "op" guns, twas always this system. Still is.

Ttk was more of a skilled reflection of a player earlier in u3, now its pretty much constant due to awful patch decisions. Power weapons are the so called skill now...
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 76 (210 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13033 posts

[ Edited ]
last month

Silver-Knight47 wrote:
This aiming system allows no such thing as range, unless u count blindfire with the kal which only severely causes imbalances :/

The only thing separating these guns is the so called recoil, potential for kills/minute, blindfire accuracy, and how much aim assist screws u over when compared to other guns. There really is no close or long range.

I use all the guns for fun, even the ak which I'm with. Now that thing is still imbalanced

The gmal is actually easier to aim than the fal now, the only tricky thing about it is the amount of kick from the 3rd bullet. It makes it feel like it has wibbly aiming. U can get used to it to the point where all ur shots land exactly where u desire, but that took me a long time to figure out.

The reason the fal feels unbalanced is not cuz its underpowered. Its the aim assist and imbalance with character movements and animations. I can do great with the fal but its now more if a chore since lag seems to affect the single shot characteristic of this gun. Many of ur shots will not seem to count against laggers. If you're facing an opponent running off to the side or towards u at an angle, you're pretty much screwed since the aim assist will NOT ALLOW u to follow them. Its rapid exaggerated deceleration is what makes aiming difficult when you're trying to be precise with this gun :U

Its the most precise gun in this game if the aim assist doesnt screw u over. Ive used the gmal and fal a lot and prefer to play w/o power weapons or blindfire as a challenge. It forced me to get a ton of legit headshots and figure out many aiming tricks in u3. Every single time the aim assist kicks in with multiple enemies I'm screwed unless i corner shoot to zoom in in only 1. I can even make the m9, ak, and fal, gave a sort of lock on at any range so recoil is nonexistant ._.

The problem was always the aim assist, the way its currently implemented is way too drastic. Its lazy. The aim assist is too drastic, both deceleration & decelerating. It discourages skilled aiming. It also makes range combat similar, inly difference is the size if the target and how much aim assist goes wacky w/multiple opponents.

If they had altered that from the beggining, nerfed guns and performance would have been waaay different. Its like ND felt we players couldn't aim. It also allowed a smaller skill gap >_>

Stopping power was needed in order to balance out this system, especially when ppl can exploit the aim assist and blindfire way too accurate while allowing quick movements which can't be followed w/aiming.

B4 any1 says its me who can't aim, nope lol i like quick reaction games and have gotten used to aiming quick and accurately. This system discourages accurate aiming with many imbalances.

It was never fleet foot or "op" guns, twas always this system. Still is.

Ttk was more of a skilled reflection of a player earlier in u3, now its pretty much constant due to awful patch decisions. Power weapons are the so called skill now...

Most of us can't aim. Sprint is so useful that aiming at a sprinting player is near impossible unless you shove the sensitivity bar all the way to the top.

oh.. top way to kill a sprinter, Hipfire.

Smaller skill gap is a good idea. It brings in more players.

Sprinting discourages aiming, If it wasn't for sprint being a 360 degree perfected movement aiming would be a good idea, with people able to move with that much control it's very rarely smart to aim in this game.

Getting shot? Run away, Getting shot, zig zag around, Getting shot? You can always escape unless the person is hipfire charging you.

Aiming assists done right? Uncharted 2 / The Last of Us. So ND didn't forget what they were doing. Oh TLOU has sprint which is perfectly done and you can aim at the sprinting players and get results because they can't turn as fast as a quick scope.

So.. ND have to make decisions, Smaller skill gap and get more players or alienate the current bunch and possibly lose more players than they gained. They need to go backwards in a lot of ways, Uncharted 2 has the aiming balances right apart from the weapon damage that was all wrong towards the end. Sprint needs to be at TLOU levels. That is fine. Most importantly though they need to quit separating players by levels, it causes nothing but lag.

I still point the finger at sprint for most of the issues. It's just way too controllable and seriously if I've aimed at a player and he's ran away. I'm not doing that again. i'm just going to charge at him and make sure he can't run away ever again. Unless it's a tryhard match... He'd have his buddies camping next to him if it was one of those matches.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 76 (173 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

last month
I know this thread is off topic but at least there's something somewhat relevant being discussed. So..

A handful of ppl on here can contest that for the past couple weeks I've been using Elena's G-MAL 95% of the time as my long gun. I was mostly a fully automatic weapon user up until that point. I mean, I have played around with every loadout weapon at some point, but usually would go back to what was comfortable (M9/AK).

There were many times when I would equip the G-MAL or FAL and have a few good games and would swear off the fully automatics. Then I would face off against a full party of laggy M9 users who relied on FF and would end up switching back to the gun I could at least be competitive with.

But then... I did that thing where I equip the G-MAL and pretended to know what I was doing again. It was during a TO match on Train Wreck. Now when I play TO, I truly understand how 1 team can go all postive with KDR and lose to a team that went all negative with theirs. So I will gladly rush into hills and sacrifice myself in others to get the win. But when you're rushing into a hill occupied by 4 enemies and you have a G-MAL, it's going to be their M9's (usually) versus your G-MAL. You're probably not even going to get a single kill in this situation and you're really wasting valuable time by trying.

Keep in mind, when I say "your" or "you're", I'm referring to myself. For you literalists.

Anyway, so Train Wreck. A couple weeks ago, I use the G-MAL again. Instead of rushing hills and trying to only score points, I decided to use the gun how it was designed. I kept distance and stayed outside of the main objective areas a bit (when necessary). It's unbelievable what 1 player with a G-MAL can do against several players with M9's, from a distance.

Of course, after this was effective against the pretty decent team we were playing, a few switched to either the Dragon or KAL out of desperation. So again, it's about knowing your guns capabilities, and using them accordingly.

My point being, I have been using the G-MAL, quite successfully, for a couple weeks. Which means, I've been using the current G-MAL, in its current state, against all of these other weapons.

It's more challenging. Overall, I'm probably doing worse than I would in TDM type modes. But it's a lot more fun than going around BF'ing and steel fisting everyone. I'm almost embarrassed when my opponents are only doing those two things. And I almost feel bad for them for choosing such a boring method. Almost. Except, I hate them enough at this point to not feel bad. Which is extremely hypocritical after only a couple weeks (even tho I am not a fan of the BF game regardless of weapon).

So yeah. It's both fun and possible to use the G-MAL or FAL in their current state.
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 76 (149 Views)
Fender Bender
2376 posts

last month
All these essays tho :smileyvery-happy:

I don't get the huge fuss about the aiming mechanics. Yes it's not perfect a major part of the problem is not only sprint but the fact Naughty Dog went with recoil while keeping their game at 30fps (even though it's not even 30fps which makes things even worse) & the fact the game is so fast paced there's quite a bit of input lag happening accompanied by the sticky aim assist because if you go in custom games & turn off sprint the problem does not disappear.

Anyways from personal experience never really had a problem with any gun. I think the G-Mal & FAL were both improved marginally after Patch 1.18. As I found myself being able to pick up either & do decent with them. Both guns are fun to use on certain maps. Only problem I have is that I can't aim the FAL scoped in to save my life.

To end this, I do think Sprint in its current state is a problem but the game was designed to be over the top fast paced & not very tactical so I guess it works. What they should have done is increase the cool down time as that would have been the best solution along with the minor nerf it got a few months back.
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 76 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1779 posts

last month

nationm04 wrote:
I know this thread is off topic but at least there's something somewhat relevant being discussed. So..

A handful of ppl on here can contest that for the past couple weeks I've been using Elena's G-MAL 95% of the time as my long gun. I was mostly a fully automatic weapon user up until that point. I mean, I have played around with every loadout weapon at some point, but usually would go back to what was comfortable (M9/AK).

There were many times when I would equip the G-MAL or FAL and have a few good games and would swear off the fully automatics. Then I would face off against a full party of laggy M9 users who relied on FF and would end up switching back to the gun I could at least be competitive with.

But then... I did that thing where I equip the G-MAL and pretended to know what I was doing again. It was during a TO match on Train Wreck. Now when I play TO, I truly understand how 1 team can go all postive with KDR and lose to a team that went all negative with theirs. So I will gladly rush into hills and sacrifice myself in others to get the win. But when you're rushing into a hill occupied by 4 enemies and you have a G-MAL, it's going to be their M9's (usually) versus your G-MAL. You're probably not even going to get a single kill in this situation and you're really wasting valuable time by trying.

Keep in mind, when I say "your" or "you're", I'm referring to myself. For you literalists.

Anyway, so Train Wreck. A couple weeks ago, I use the G-MAL again. Instead of rushing hills and trying to only score points, I decided to use the gun how it was designed. I kept distance and stayed outside of the main objective areas a bit (when necessary). It's unbelievable what 1 player with a G-MAL can do against several players with M9's, from a distance.

Of course, after this was effective against the pretty decent team we were playing, a few switched to either the Dragon or KAL out of desperation. So again, it's about knowing your guns capabilities, and using them accordingly.

My point being, I have been using the G-MAL, quite successfully, for a couple weeks. Which means, I've been using the current G-MAL, in its current state, against all of these other weapons.

It's more challenging. Overall, I'm probably doing worse than I would in TDM type modes. But it's a lot more fun than going around BF'ing and steel fisting everyone. I'm almost embarrassed when my opponents are only doing those two things. And I almost feel bad for them for choosing such a boring method. Almost. Except, I hate them enough at this point to not feel bad. Which is extremely hypocritical after only a couple weeks (even tho I am not a fan of the BF game regardless of weapon).

So yeah. It's both fun and possible to use the G-MAL or FAL in their current state.

^ Pretty much this, many people just don't know how to play with the G-Mal or FAL-SS it requires most of the time a completely different playstyle than the M9 which is the best weapon for rushing hills. The G-Mal is pretty much king at flanking opponents especially with cloaked and no tracers(tryhard style) :smileyvery-happy: .

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 76 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2191 posts

last month

nationm04 wrote:

of course it's possible to use them in their current state, but against players who know how OP the M9 is capable of being, it's extremely hard to play against them with these nerfed weapons ... the M9 can match the g-mal at large distances if the player knows what they are doing (which most people do since it's ridiculously easy to use) and add FF and ROF to it, then the game quickly deteriorates to not be "fun" anymore ... so rather than join them i just stop playing almost completely ... maybe we have been experiencing completely different lobbies and you are still able to have "fun" with the g-mal or the fal, but for me those lobbies are basically non-existent and for a game to force you to play a certain way is flat out just not worth my time anymore ... the only reason i go back on it nowadays is if a friend asks me to play with them

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 76 (102 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

last month

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 76 (91 Views)
0 Likes