Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5892 posts

Re: What direction I think Uncharted 4 multiplayer should take.

May 7, 2013

PeteX19 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Well melee can be great in shooters and not ridiculously useless or overpowered either. Last MP game I played to death was MGO. And you literally can create a playstyle fully devoted to cqc and knifing. It wasn't cheap and it took skill and effort to get melee kills/kos in that game. Thats just a highlight on how melee can be done correctly.

I know how gaming is now yea, I personally see it as disappointing myself that games in the past few years, hell this whole gen. of gaming was a huge wave of disappointment with only a few glimmers. But I'm personally not one to attack a game based on the features or mechanics of it, as long as it works and I find some enjoyment out of it, then whats the problem.

I mean when it comes down to it, its a video game and the point is to have fun. Trying to change the game into another game too fit your style of fun is a bit weird.

Wish I played MGO but I can't comment on that. From the style of that series I doubt you could run straight at a dude and knife him. It would take skill in being stealthy on approach and I will accept that as a valid use of melee. Though wasn't it like a button promt for a stealth kill, rather than just flailing your arms about near a target?

True, took me awhile but when you realise that even if you spend two years playing a game, it belongs to you as much as it belongs to someone who's never touched a videogame. As a fan it's a fruitless task trying to push major changes to a multiplayers core mechanics as it only ends in frustration. At the end of the day it's designed by the dev team and you either decide to play their vision of a multiplayer or move onto another game.

I see no issue with expressing your views about a game on the forums though. The point of a multiplayer forum is to discuss topics and give feedback. The best you can hope for is that the direction will change in the next game or that another game will come along that better suites the type of experience you want to have.

The knife was treated as a seperate weapon. You had to equip it in place of your gun and aim it L1 and stab with it with R1 holding down will give for a 1HK stab and tapping the button will use a knife combo that would kill you in like 3-5 hits, can't remember. If you pressed just R1 you would punch for a 3-hit combo, taking away stamina. If you held R1 you would grab an enemy and slam him and with the CQC skill equipped you will hold onto him to choke him out and knock him unconcious. Also you had to have no weapon/pistol equipped to do cqc. If you had a rifle equipped you will just smack with your rifle instead.

In other words, yea melee wasn't a simple run up to him and press a button to hit him in that game. I miss MGO...

photo Sniper.png
Message 61 of 126 (374 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3233 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

tack129 wrote:

In my opinion, and don't take this the wrong way, they are not aiming to attract more competitive players. They want to try appeal to as many people as possible through co-op, competitive and even casual playlists and fanbases. Sony will most likely say no to making this game a purely competitive game that some people want.

I disagree. Uncharted 3 has proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that there is massive competitive interest/appeal. What Fragged Nation has accomplished with a game that was not designed with competition in mind is... astoundingly impressive.

It's almost certain that Sony and Naughty Dog will be pushing to develop the next Uncharted as a competitive game. Preliminary info I've been privy to suggests just that.

UC3 was Naughty Dog's attempt to appeal to the mass market, and it backfired badly. Whenever you try to "mainstream" something you often end up driving away your core fans whilst failing to get the larger crowd you wanted. They copied other games too much (poorly too) and this over-ambition resulted in a quantity-over-quality game in the end.  I think you'll see a much more focused UC4 staying true to the series' roots.

I'll put it this way, they will most likely aim to appeal to casual players but they will also most likely want to also appeal to passionate long-term fans, people that will play the game for a long while. This can include people that are competitive but also those that are not as competitive (they don't care about competition, they don't care about being in clans, they play for the sake of playing however they play much longer than how a casual plays) but still play the MP.

If they are smart they should try not to make too many changes and additions for UC4, try to at least keep the system design as simple as possible while offering a more polished experience.

Of course, and if ND does it right (such as with pre-1.05 UC2) they will accomplish just that. It's quite possible to have competitive game that appeals to casuals as well. Too many developers fall into believing they have to pick one over the other.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 62 of 126 (358 Views)
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

tack129 wrote:

In my opinion, and don't take this the wrong way, they are not aiming to attract more competitive players. They want to try appeal to as many people as possible through co-op, competitive and even casual playlists and fanbases. Sony will most likely say no to making this game a purely competitive game that some people want.

Firsly, ignoring part of the quoted post... Randomly spawning Power Weapons? I can't even word this right now because of how much of a stupid idea that is, sorry to come across like a d0uche, but that's a stupid idea... 1. You'll actually have to search for them. 2. Racing for the Power Weapons is fun, running to the RPG, picking it up while beating someone to it, then killing them with that RPG always gives a good feeling :smileywink:

Secondly, tack, I only quoted part of your post here... But it sounds like you are saying that Uncharted isn't competitive in the slightest here, you're not saying it directly, but it sounds like you are saying the opposite, am I right... or am I wrong? Please correct me if so, I don't want to sound like a complete and utter ******. Also, you can't say that they are not aiming to attract more competitive players and say that they want to try to appeal as many people as they possibly can through co-op etc... that's a stupid thought, lmao... I say that they want to attract every kind of player so that it is diverse.

Finally, sorry if I came across like a bit of a ****** in this post. Tis not my intention in the slightest.

Edit: profanity

Message 63 of 126 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4411 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

I have a few improvement suggestions that I think would really help the gameplay and appeal to all level of players. I think my ideas could really attract more players of all types and maybe even tap into the "smartphone gamer" market:

- Several more micro-transaction options (5$ for a free kill!)

- Keep current blindfire/hipfire accuracy for most guns but increase it for G-mal and Fal

- Increase headshot aim-assist on the Dragon (we all know it's way too low)

- Add the ability to blindfire/hipfire during melee and roll animation

- Make all grenades explode on contact
- Increase grenade spawn locations

- Activate power plays any time the score isn't tied

- Put more U2 style spawns where players spawn 20 feet from the other team

- Increase the likelyhood of the aim-assist to lock onto the target (it duz promotez da aimzerz!)

- Bargain makes another appearance but make it give random medals towards kickbacks (which also return!) every 10 secs

- SA! SA EVERYWHERE!

Message 64 of 126 (315 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13455 posts

May 8, 2013

God I hate the term casuals. I used it earlier today, horribly. because it can't be used any other way.

I'm just going to say just because one isn't in a clan does not make them non competitive, none of the people I know actually want to lose, that would make them competitive, but they are not in a clan so they are all casual n00bs?

That term just cannot be put right, it's insulting no matter what. Just like the term n00bs I guess.

Also. We shouldn't be appealing to all players, people who run around... hipfiring and refusing to aim, like I'm currently doing because I'm bored, should not be catered to. If you can't play correctly, don't play at all.

I can, I'm electing not to because Well,.. I somehow do better without aiming which just tells you enough. I'm not great but I'm competent enough to pull decent scores which will help my team most the time.

Give me hipfire and I'm suddenly way better.. The game shouldn't be like that, No wonder everyone is using it, it's immensely OP. That kind of tactic is horrifyingly rotten and should never, ever, prevail. In a shooter.

Message 65 of 126 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4411 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Also. We shouldn't be appealing to all players, people who run around... hipfiring and refusing to aim, like I'm currently doing because I'm bored, should not be catered to. If you can't play correctly, don't play at all.

I disagree. Aiming is for casual n00bz.

Message 66 of 126 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10077 posts

May 8, 2013
Never's right. Have you seen a *newcomer hipfire a lot?

All I see them do is aim a lot, even in cqc, which is kinda ridiculous.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 67 of 126 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 8, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

God I hate the term casuals. I used it earlier today, horribly. because it can't be used any other way.

I'm just going to say just because one isn't in a clan does not make them non competitive, none of the people I know actually want to lose, that would make them competitive, but they are not in a clan so they are all casual n00bs?

That term just cannot be put right, it's insulting no matter what. Just like the term n00bs I guess.

I can, I'm electing not to because Well,.. I somehow do better without aiming which just tells you enough. I'm not great but I'm competent enough to pull decent scores which will help my team most the time.

Give me hipfire and I'm suddenly way better.. The game shouldn't be like that, No wonder everyone is using it, it's immensely OP. That kind of tactic is horrifyingly rotten and should never, ever, prevail. In a shooter.

I was trying the kill missions a while ago, and for the micro mission I got 14 kills and 6 deaths and I wasn't even using wack-n-roll. I just blindfired them until they died. This wasn't even against noobs, they were average to good players. It's kind of sad that's possible. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 68 of 126 (245 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

May 8, 2013

Great post Fakehound. I've been pretty much dead to the Uncharted community since BO2 but I remember whenever a power play comes up, at least it's not the "Cursed" power play from the beta.

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 69 of 126 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

May 8, 2013

They should implement some of Lara Croft's multiplayer in UC4. In Lara Croft there are snare traps which will hang you from the roof by your foot, a submarine's self destruct which someone can activate and rocks will fall from the ceiling as it's in a cave, a spike trap where if there's a tunnel, you can activate the spikes and when a team mate, enemy or yourself walk through it they'll die, or even a twice per match mechanism where if you flip a switch then a sandstorm/blizzard/some kind of vision impairment option will come through the map and blind the other team momentarily. Like Desert Village's sandstorm but for maybe 15 seconds. This will give the team who flipped the switch a quick little advantage.

Lara Croft has a very unique multiplayer and this is an indication that Naughty Dog and other game designers have to step up.

Bang Bang!

Message 70 of 126 (233 Views)
0 Likes