Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Re: Uncharted 4's Multiplayer Direction.

May 11, 2013

Flawless83 wrote:

@blood

Nice, out of how much?

Grenades are useless if you havent the bank&boom option and thats absoluty BS.

This unrealistic **bleep** throwback should be a booster and not an mechanic that is giving to everyone.

Nothing about Uncharted is realistic that's part of what makes it so cool, the throwback mechanic was a great addition IMO.

It fits in with the faster pace of the game it sorta adds a little more depth/Tactic to the overall 'battlefield' for a lack of a better word.

we even got a potential mini game mode out of it.

Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 126 (147 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

May 11, 2013

Flawless83 wrote:

@blood

Nice, out of how much?

Grenades are useless if you havent the bank&boom option and thats absoluty BS.

This unrealistic **bleep** throwback should be a booster and not an mechanic that is giving to everyone.

I throw about 5 grenades every match and get at least 2 kills with them, some people just need to learn how to use them.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 126 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

May 11, 2013

Black_MiD wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

supermoc10 wrote:
Throwing back grenades made grenades useless in UC3. In UC2, when you saw a grenade next to you, you took cover or ran away. In 3, you can simply press a button to send it back.

I find funny when people say grenades are useless, I can use them and get 2-4 kills every match.

Exactly! I actually find grenades cooler in UC3 because you have to be somewhat ingenious about the way you use them. The reason people say nades are useless is that they just spam them mindlessly, even though, like Zidane said, there are plenty of ways to ensure your nades' effectiveness...

Agreed, I have no problem getting kills with nades unless they throw it back or dodge it. The grenades are ment to be used to "aid" you in combat, not to be used as a primary weapon during gunfights.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 126 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9825 posts

May 11, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Black_MiD wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

supermoc10 wrote:
Throwing back grenades made grenades useless in UC3. In UC2, when you saw a grenade next to you, you took cover or ran away. In 3, you can simply press a button to send it back.

I find funny when people say grenades are useless, I can use them and get 2-4 kills every match.

Exactly! I actually find grenades cooler in UC3 because you have to be somewhat ingenious about the way you use them. The reason people say nades are useless is that they just spam them mindlessly, even though, like Zidane said, there are plenty of ways to ensure your nades' effectiveness...

Agreed, I have no problem getting kills with nades unless they throw it back or dodge it. The grenades are ment to be used to "aid" you in combat, not to be used as a primary weapon during gunfights.

Seems reasonable, considering you can't fire as you throw, and you can't throw it back ALL the time. I've had nades I tried to throw back and it exploded in my face.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 126 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5078 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

Some kickbacks shouldn't have made it in the game. Still, I don't see a problem with aggressive kickbacks compared to defensive ones. When you're in the situation where you have enough medals for a kickback, usually you want kills and not protection. 

Regarding map design, I agree that layered maps are good. Uncharted is the most vertical MP I have played, which is one thing that makes Uncharted unique. Just don't overdo it, like with Highrise. Highrise is perhaps too big and vertical making it a  least favorite map to many. 

Cover isn't useful for 2 reasons. First, getting into cover is a pain in the **bleep**. Rolling and taking cover being on the same button has caused many deaths for me. Second, covers can really become death traps due to lag. What if the players could slide into cover making it less likely to die just after getting into cover? Throwback-grenades are an improvement, because in Uncharted 2 if you were in a cover and you had a grenade thrown dirctly at you, you were dead. 

Now, Power plays, who would miss them? Money isn't big enough motivator to make players play properly during PPs. PPs attempt to make the match more interesting and balanced, but if the winning team is just camping their **bleep** off during PPs, what's the use? I'd say get rid of them.

However I must emphasize  that a lot of Uncharted 3 new features were good. Loadouts, customization, kickbacks, buddy system, sprint, grenade-throwback and other stuff I've forgotten. Hopefully they have lots of new features planned for Uncharted 4. 

id.png

Please use plain text.
Message 105 of 126 (130 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9825 posts

May 11, 2013
I agree with lag ruining cover, although cover is very useful to me. Hopefully they adjust it a little, like using the ps4's touchpad. Hold the touchpad and circle for cover-emphasis and circle only for roll emphasis.

Cover is useful for me in a sense that I use it a lot, and not just to camp. I use it when I'm in a direct gunfight so that he has to run over to me.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 106 of 126 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9825 posts

May 11, 2013
Before we make assumptions that PP isn't wanted by everyone, let's see if there are people who "kinda want them" and try to discuss an agreement with them.

We don't want an HC repeat.
Please use plain text.
Message 107 of 126 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

May 11, 2013

All i can say is NO COMPETITIVE KICKBACKS! In coop definately but in the competitive mp heck no way to unbalanced

Please use plain text.
Message 108 of 126 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 11, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Some kickbacks shouldn't have made it in the game. Still, I don't see a problem with aggressive kickbacks compared to defensive ones. When you're in the situation where you have enough medals for a kickback, usually you want kills and not protection. 

Regarding map design, I agree that layered maps are good. Uncharted is the most vertical MP I have played, which is one thing that makes Uncharted unique. Just don't overdo it, like with Highrise. Highrise is perhaps too big and vertical making it a  least favorite map to many. 

Cover isn't useful for 2 reasons. First, getting into cover is a pain in the **bleep**. Rolling and taking cover being on the same button has caused many deaths for me. Second, covers can really become death traps due to lag. What if the players could slide into cover making it less likely to die just after getting into cover? Throwback-grenades are an improvement, because in Uncharted 2 if you were in a cover and you had a grenade thrown dirctly at you, you were dead. 

Now, Power plays, who would miss them? Money isn't big enough motivator to make players play properly during PPs. PPs attempt to make the match more interesting and balanced, but if the winning team is just camping their **bleep** off during PPs, what's the use? I'd say get rid of them.

However I must emphasize  that a lot of Uncharted 3 new features were good. Loadouts, customization, kickbacks, buddy system, sprint, grenade-throwback and other stuff I've forgotten. Hopefully they have lots of new features planned for Uncharted 4. 

I agree with what you said for the most part except for the buddy system ugh it needs to go lol.

Also funny enough during the beta we could slide into cover, dunno why they got rid of it.

Please use plain text.
Message 109 of 126 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 11, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Before we make assumptions that PP isn't wanted by everyone, let's see if there are people who "kinda want them" and try to discuss an agreement with them.

We don't want an HC repeat.

PP's has no place in a online COMP game etc. 

Please use plain text.
Message 110 of 126 (97 Views)