Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5215 posts

Re: Uncharted 4's Multiplayer Direction.

May 11, 2013

There's no pleasing "Everyone". Is about what's the best for the game. There are people who even defend whack n' rolling and hipfiring ( as a tactic not a last resort ). I've heard there's no blindfire in Tomb Raider MP, but then again I have not heard the MP was good. 

Buddy System allows better spawns and free medals. What is there not to like about it?

I have no memory of sliding to cover being in the summer beta. No game has a slide mechanic like Killzone 3 ( though, not sure if it's in its' MP, because the game won't allow me to patch ). 

Flag Counter

Please use plain text.
Message 111 of 126 (184 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

There's no pleasing "Everyone". Is about what's the best for the game. There are people who even defend whack n' rolling and hipfiring ( as a tactic not a last resort ). I've heard there's no blindfire in Tomb Raider MP, but then again I have not heard the MP was good. 

Buddy System allows better spawns and free medals. What is there not to like about it?

I have no memory of sliding to cover being in the summer beta. No game has a slide mechanic like Killzone 3 ( though, not sure if it's in its' MP, because the game won't allow me to patch ). 

Well as I said there was slide to cover in the beta & it was taken out here is proof.. skip to 2:33 

Please use plain text.
Message 112 of 126 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5215 posts

May 11, 2013

Why would they change that? :smileysad:

Flag Counter

Please use plain text.
Message 113 of 126 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

May 11, 2013
I dunno. The animation was in U2 as well. They went to the wayside just like the stair animations.
Please use plain text.
Message 114 of 126 (142 Views)
I Only Post Everything
957 posts

May 11, 2013

@zidane

I dont think that the nade throwback bring more depth into games. 

Its just one of the hundrets COD implantations which made Uncharted more like a COD.

Its crap in a TPS, where cover&nades should be usefull, but oh wonder in U3 nothing of this work like in U2.

The whole GeOW community would go nuts if you make an ask for throwback option thread in their forum.

1) It benefits the blindfire&PW rusher.

2) It benefits those who cant aim well with their nades, but punishes the good players which knows how to throw a nade.

3) But most importantly it takes the depth and skill away if you just press a single button instead of doing a roll, a jump or going out<>in of cover move.

It adds nothing to a cover based shooter. It makes the game more accessable and be sure that was ND only goal with that 

@blood

The thing is, sure you can get grenades kills, but if you havent the back&boom option the grenade system is screwed up big time. And playing on a balanced map(not on a U3 map) it becomes harder to get a kill with a nade.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Please use plain text.
Message 115 of 126 (132 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
957 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

@lazy

Even if it would work like in U2, which was perfect, it woudnt work because of U3 lame corridor hotspot map design.

U3 is all about tight corridors&cheap hotspots(Londons, Chatou..) and a single sprint form one side to the other side of the map.(Desert Village, Oasis..)

There is no cover, because the maps where never designed for this.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Please use plain text.
Message 116 of 126 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1890 posts

May 11, 2013

I want them to remove Kickbacks all of them it was a bad idea that shouldn't have been put in. All kickbacks do are make it easier for strong parties or just the better team to get an even larger lead. They just give the better team an even bigger advantage.

Another thing I feel like needs to be removed are Power Plays. IMO Power plays were a bad idea I guess ND stuck them in as a fix for their terrible team selection mechanics. The stronger team deserves to win they're just better. Imagine Power Plays in sports that would be plain ridiculous. 

I wish Boosters didn't have to leveled up, I know tons of people will disagree with me. I understand that leveling up boosters increases the playability of the game. I personally enjoyed leveling up my boosters. However, this causes many people to boost, cheat, and killfarm so they can level up they're boosters. It also creates an even more unfair environment for newer players who haven't leveled up their boosters yet. 

Please use plain text.
Message 117 of 126 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

Ugh can we stop clinging to the argument about "Unfair to newer players" 

I personally prefer leveling up boosters adds replayability & a sense of progress instead of grinding to unlock boosters like in UC2. All they need to do make sure specific boosters that would lead to kill farming or boosting can't be leveled up in objective modes which they sorta addressed with the last patch. As for newer players honestly who cares everyone had to start from scratch just like them, it's this kinda mentality why Power Plays were implemented.

Get rid of the stupid legacy system & implement something similar to Halo's progression system, heck i'd take UC2 level system over legacy's.

Please use plain text.
Message 118 of 126 (107 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 11, 2013

Flawless83 wrote:

@zidane

I dont think that the nade throwback bring more depth into games. 

Its just one of the hundrets COD implantations which made Uncharted more like a COD.

Its crap in a TPS, where cover&nades should be usefull, but oh wonder in U3 nothing of this work like in U2.

The whole GeOW community would go nuts if you make an ask for throwback option thread in their forum.

1) It benefits the blindfire&PW rusher.

2) It benefits those who cant aim well with their nades, but punishes the good players which knows how to throw a nade.

3) But most importantly it takes the depth and skill away if you just press a single button instead of doing a roll, a jump or going out<>in of cover move.

It adds nothing to a cover based shooter. It makes the game more accessable and be sure that was ND only goal with that 

@blood

The thing is, sure you can get grenades kills, but if you havent the back&boom option the grenade system is screwed up big time. And playing on a balanced map(not on a U3 map) it becomes harder to get a kill with a nade.

How does it take skill away? 

It was a single player mechanic that they brought over the MP, it has nothing to do with COD lol.

Nades can also help you turn the table on someone using Blindfire in many ways.

How does it benefit one who can't aim well with their nades? 

It doesn't make the game more accessible it adds a learning curve to the game imo.

Please use plain text.
Message 119 of 126 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5556 posts

May 11, 2013

not to mention, throwing a nade right at their feet can still be greatly effective while you are having a shootout. They will have to decide to either waste time throwing it back while getting shot at, or jump into cover. Either way it makes an excellent distraction to surpress enemies.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 120 of 126 (94 Views)