Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Re: What direction I think Uncharted 4 multiplayer should take.

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

LifeLongFrenzy wrote:

I really can't see how power plays can be taken out, this game is not like UC2 anymore, it's not for competitive players, but i'd love that they'd take it out. 

For maps design I completely agree,  Facility is a unique map that caters to everybody's gaming style. Sniping blindsiding aiming etc. 

For kickbacks. I wish that quickboom be gone and kickbacks be a bit more cost for medals, to make it much more rare. 

Hewro dere Fake, welcome to the forums again. 

This game isn't for competitive players? I shouldn't have to explain why that is completely false.

Regardless, a game can cater to both competitive/hardcore and casual players alike.

UC4 map design needs to be predominantly symmetrical and unlike UC3, have balanced power weapon locations.

Powerplays are a multiplayer abomination so I agree they need to go. Kickbacks require a drastic overhaul, I have many ideas on how they could approach the re-balancing. Your proposal of less offensive/pw type Kickbacks is one of the better ones.

Ah, okay. Then here. This game is much more for casual gamers. Powerplayer for example, they are defiantly not for competitive gamers. Also stat hats. 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 126 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:
I might add, assumig they continue the UC3 formula of allowing us to customize our loadouts, along with more balanced power weapons locations, I think Power Weapons should not respawn after being used up.

That would only promote camping, power weapons are important to balance though many don't realize it.

Having an abundance of PW respawning while people camp the respawn points promotes camping too, I still think there needs to be a limit this 3 minute respawn method doesn't help with balance at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 126 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5863 posts

May 6, 2013

a better idea for PWs is to just have them spawn randomly. No, not cycle spawn points, but literally just spawn randomly around the map. For example having a set 2-4 PWs on a certain map. and have them spawn like in corners of the map, or maybe even in plain sight sometimes. and once picked up, it will spawn somewhere completely different 3-5 mins later.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 126 (411 Views)
Fender Bender
2600 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

Remove power plays, keep kickbacks but nerf them severely, and keep boosters but remove the tier system. Mods should be kept but rebalanced to account for OP mods atm like RoF and BFAC. If the treasure drop system returns... then make it a funner system instead of the frustrating luck-based system we got in UC3.

Loadouts should stay, I like to be able to access a multitude of playstyles to accomodate every possible situation in this game.

Better co-op. Add a difficulty toggle, bring back one-gametype only, make a co-op adventure that feels taken directly out of the single player like it was in UC2. Either remove Hunter Arena or readjust it to make it FUN. Also, create a Super Survival mode that can rival CoD Zombies.

DLC - no season pass BS. All map packs should be installed free via patches as to avoid splitting the playerbases. If ND honestly has to go the paid packs path again, they better **bleep** make sure all those maps are original material instead of BS reskinned UC2 maps. And also, please listen to us when it comes to DLC character offerings. Why must we settle for tired doughnut joke skins and Capture Trooper when actual UC skins are missing like Rika and Pinkerton? Although, I don't mind more fan-made characters like Spyder. In spite of his stupid memes, Jeremy's pretty cool.

Uncharted TV - scrap this unless ND can actually get quality material up for UC4.

Customization - Dig up that Luxis thread. Also, NO MORE BS LIKE **bleep** TRASH BAG HEADS!!!

Community Events - Other MP games do these community events where the community gets together to play a few games to complete a goal and unlock stuff. This would be a great alternative to distributing new skins, customization parts, and maps in lieu of cashgrabbing DLC.

Player count is updated to 6v6, big enough to get rid of the Lone Wolf BS and small enough to avoid unbalancing UC multiplayer mechanics.

Maps should promote exploration and feature many many layers. This is a game about a treasure-hunting explorer and his buddies, isn't it?

Special Gamemode playlist - To avoid splitting the playerbase, modes like Hardcore, Classic, Elimination, Corruption, etc. have all be combined into one playlist.

Mercenary matchmaking should be available from the get-go.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 126 (405 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1241 posts

May 6, 2013

It's been a while, Fakehound. Welcome "back". :smileyhappy:

(I might actually put some U4 input here later)

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 126 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10029 posts

May 6, 2013
How about we don't kill Hc mode this time, huh?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 126 (371 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3233 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:
Having an abundance of PW respawning while people camp the respawn points promotes camping too, I still think there needs to be a limit this 3 minute respawn method doesn't help with balance at all.

Which is why power weapon placement is important as I mentioned earlier. Also it extremely rare for enemies to cover/camp all the power weapon locations.

sanddude20 wrote:

a better idea for PWs is to just have them spawn randomly. No, not cycle spawn points, but literally just spawn randomly around the map. For example having a set 2-4 PWs on a certain map. and have them spawn like in corners of the map, or maybe even in plain sight sometimes. and once picked up, it will spawn somewhere completely different 3-5 mins later.

Absolutely not, competitive multiplayer should not be up to the roll of a dice. That might be fun for a lab, but in regular play that would be an extremely poor design decision.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 126 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

May 6, 2013

Good ideas Fakehound. Although I agree that powerplays are unfair in their current form, I think they were a great idea and could be done better in UC4. You're right that almost everyone on the forum wants them taken out, but people on the forum are more likely the better players in UC3 who play in parties. Therfore, they are victims of powerplays more often than recievers. Think about all the relatively new players in UC3 who play alone. In UC3, when you play alone, you lose a lot, and powerplays might be the only thing that gives you a chance to get your team ahead. I think they should keep powerplays in UC4 if and only if: 1.) The difference in score required to start a powerplay increases (right now it's only 6)

2.) The powerplay stops before the losing team has a chance to tie the game, for example if they get within 5 kills before the timer runs out.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 126 (356 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3233 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

Huskers1598 wrote:

Although I agree that powerplays are unfair in their current form, I think they were a great idea and could be done better in UC4. You're right that almost everyone on the forum wants them taken out, but people on the forum are more likely the better players in UC3 who play in parties. Therfore, they are victims of powerplays more often than recievers. Think about all the relatively new players in UC3 who play alone. In UC3, when you play alone, you lose a lot, and powerplays might be the only thing that gives you a chance to get your team ahead. I think they should keep powerplays in UC4 if and only if: 1.) The difference in score required to start a powerplay increases (right now it's only 6)

2.) The powerplay stops before the losing team has a chance to tie the game, for example if they get within 5 kills before the timer runs out.

That is poor reasoning for keeping one of the worst multiplayer ideas ever implemented. A far better solution for the the "new/bad player" argument is simply adding a mercenary playlist with no parties.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 126 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5863 posts

May 6, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Absolutely not, competitive multiplayer should not be up to the roll of a dice. That might be fun for a lab, but in regular play that would be an extremely poor design decision.

It was in Tomb Raider. And though it is obvious that the MP is a bit below average. The PWs (though there were only 2) were randomly placed in the map and that was like 1 of the very very very very very few things I feel that multiplayer did decently.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 126 (346 Views)
0 Likes