Uncharted Territory
1848 posts

Re: What direction I think Uncharted 4 multiplayer should take.

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013
sanddude20 wrote:
It was in Tomb Raider. And though it is obvious that the MP is a bit below average. The PWs (though there were only 2) were randomly placed in the map and that was like 1 of the very very very very very few things I feel that multiplayer did decently.

I would actually be for this happening in the FFA mode in UC4. Tomb Raider has three spawn location on each map and it will randomly spawn either the competition bow or minigun (which you have to aim I might add). It works really well and is miles better than what UC3 currently does of placing a 6 shot blindfire shotgun or Magnum in only one spawn location of the map 0.o

Actually I think there's a lot Tomb Raider did right but on face value you don't see it. Hopefully when I finish my Tomb Raider FFA tutorial it will shed some light on how clever the systems in that game work together. It will also highlight how awful "power plays" are in UC3 as Tomb Raider has a really interesting way of rewarding good players and buffing bad players.

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Message 31 of 126 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7268 posts

May 6, 2013

PeteX19 wrote:
sanddude20 wrote:
It was in Tomb Raider. And though it is obvious that the MP is a bit below average. The PWs (though there were only 2) were randomly placed in the map and that was like 1 of the very very very very very few things I feel that multiplayer did decently.

I would actually be for this happening in the FFA mode in UC4. Tomb Raider has three spawn location on each map and it will randomly spawn either the competition bow or minigun (which you have to aim I might add). It works really well and is miles better than what UC3 currently does of placing a 6 shot blindfire shotgun or Magnum in one spawn location of the map 0.o

Actually I think there's a lot Tomb Raider did right but on face value you don't see it. Hopefully when I finish my Tomb Raider FFA tutorial it will shed some light on how clever the systems in that game work together. It will also highlight how awful "power plays" are in UC3 as Tomb Raider has a really interesting way of rewarding good players and buffing bad players.

TR coulda been great if it wasn't a tacked on gimmick MP. With jarring melee, and higher leveled weapons basically being better. Along with so much buggy things ugh.

I just don't want PWs all over the map to be seen as a "tactical advantage" because the better players just pick them up and stomp out the lower leveled players consistently with them. especially since the set spawns we have now are completely biased towards 1 side or the other.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 32 of 126 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1848 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

TR coulda been great if it wasn't a tacked on gimmick MP. With jarring melee, and higher leveled weapons basically being better. Along with so much buggy things ugh.

I just don't want PWs all over the map to be seen as a "tactical advantage" because the better players just pick them up and stomp out the lower leveled players consistently with them. especially since the set spawns we have now are completely biased towards 1 side or the other.

I don't think it was gimmicky you can see it had potential but they just didn't have enough time to make it the standard it needed to be. I'm kind of glad the melee is broken XD I hate melee kills in shooters. They should of just taken that feature out and left the pull downs and stealth kills. Yes the higher leveled weapons are better especially the pistols, can't deny that.

I don't see the problem with PWs being a tactical advantage. UC2 reminded me of Quake in the way it placed the power weapons around the map and that's something I wouldn't want to see go away. UC3 is messed up power weapon wise because of the map design, they feel like they're just randomly scattered around the map. With symmetrical maps you put them in the center line of the map, simple.

Also with the power hunter booster it's not hard to learn the locations of the power weapons. New players just need to learn them.

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Message 33 of 126 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7550 posts

May 6, 2013
Excellent....shut up and take my kudos!!!!!!
Sleep Matt signature
Message 34 of 126 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
567 posts

May 6, 2013
I just want a better aiming system...
Ive played more shooters recently and it makes me feel blah how u3s feels like its purposely screwing up your aim. Slow aiming, s**t awful aim assist, and many many weird hit detection moments make me feel like aiming isn't the way to go at times >_>
Message 35 of 126 (344 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

May 6, 2013

Power Plays: NO MOAR

Maps: I can't really say much about this, but I do agree that some of the maps are a bit ridiculous balance-wise (MUSEUM I'M LOOKING AT YOU).

Kickbacks: No moar quickboom! I personally think Shottie! is fine considering you can only get a max of 3 kills unless you ammo stack. I do wish there were more defensive kickbacks (maybe, I don't know, spawn a riot shield?) and some are useless (you have to be like a grenade god to actually even think about using explosives Smiley LOL).

I think you made some good points here. Will be wondering what else you post Smiley Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 36 of 126 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14380 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

Powerplays:

are extremely stupid. They are designed to bring in the score, but the skill levels are already so vastly against the players that the only thing that actually does help the unskilled player is double damage.. Which shouldn't even be in the game, if you can't kill someone fairly, you do not deserve the kills, simple.

They also promote the handholding ability which will not help players to improve, it's a case of hanging on for a powerplay to be given free kills. It's BS, actually for both parties due to the free deaths and inability to improve by playing correctly. It removes any learning from the situation.

Worst of all is.. It's always been a 1 minute break for players. Double Damage appears? Everyone goes into hiding. Marked Man appears? Everyone all crowds the marked man. Exposed appears? Who cares I have cloaked to evade it, if I take a death I'll put cloaked on.

The Marked Man situation actually is the only one which works fairly (I know the third person marked thing isn't fair, that's for another topic) But it gives the other team the ability to regain some points and the winning team a chance to regroup without being at a vastly astronomical disadvantage.

Kickbacks:

Kickbacks are a bad addition to the game for the most part. Smoke Bomb? Really? I'm owning you so your going to vanish.. WOW. Now this is identical to Quick Boom, RPG, and many of the other kickbacks which promote a defensive way of getting out of trouble free of charge. Only issue is while Smoke Bomb is extremely cheap and just morally wrong, Quick Boom and RPG are simply outragious. Free kill with free escape.. REALLY?

CoD idea. bad idea. Never looked good there, certainly doesn't look good here.

Maps:

I can't say I actually have a problem with the maps. Sure I'm horrible at some of them, but that isn't to say they are bad maps. It's just that I really can't be bothered to learn them inside out, I have better things to do than study a video game for things I can exploit.

But even with that I do see some issues with them, the infamous corner of doom on London Underground, the fix is relatively simple. Less corners that have narrow exit and entry patterns.

Note: London Underground Train, Lab Mesh Map 1 (Patched Corner of Doom), Chateau room of doom, Highrise (across from the T-Bolt spawn upper level) are all examples of narrow places with few exit and entry points allowing teams to dominate from them with ease. The problem here is simply map design.

Power Weapons:

There is no issue with power weapons at all, I saw some posts indicating that, however moving them around removes the emphasis on gun battle even further, my personal thought If I ran into a party that I know are good would be.. Ignore the power weapons, I don't know what I'm getting, I'm just going to stay in some corner and kill bypassers.

Also non respawning power weapons would have the same effect on me, I wouldn't move because there is nothing to pick up. Why bother?

But hey, thats just coming from someone who wants to win every match when I see a party, A lot of people have that mindset.

Message 37 of 126 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 6, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

The M9 is a problem, like it or not.

If they do come back with loadouts and have a Jack-Of-Trades gun in mind, then it better be a real Jack-Of-Trades gun.

Would you like to see loadouts make a return in UC4?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 38 of 126 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7268 posts

May 7, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

The M9 is a problem, like it or not.

If they do come back with loadouts and have a Jack-Of-Trades gun in mind, then it better be a real Jack-Of-Trades gun.

Would you like to see loadouts make a return in UC4?

Yea I wouldn't mind loadouts. I prefer starting out with my own playstyle instead of having to find the gun that fits my style in the map. So long as loadout guns are balanced. I also like the fact that what uncharted has going for it is the small amount of guns it has. Unlike other shooters that have dozens upon dozens of guns in them where they all seem to blend together and have little difference.

It can have the simplicity of having a certain gun for a certain thing so it can create balance, and thats what I see almost being done here. But throughout all of UC3's lifespan there was at least 1 gun that was able to do more than it should and ruin that balance. If the gun balance can be worked out right out in launch or at the latest a month or so afterwords, then it will most likely work out much better than in UC3.

PeteX19 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

I don't think it was gimmicky you can see it had potential but they just didn't have enough time to make it the standard it needed to be. I'm kind of glad the melee is broken XD I hate melee kills in shooters. They should of just taken that feature out and left the pull downs and stealth kills. Yes the higher leveled weapons are better especially the pistols, can't deny that.

I don't see the problem with PWs being a tactical advantage. UC2 reminded me of Quake in the way it placed the power weapons around the map and that's something I wouldn't want to see go away. UC3 is messed up power weapon wise because of the map design, they feel like they're just randomly scattered around the map. With symmetrical maps you put them in the center line of the map, simple.

Also with the power hunter booster it's not hard to learn the locations of the power weapons. New players just need to learn them.

gimmicky was probably the wrong word, but I meant tacked on. Like they decided late in the games development, "hmm lets add MP" and barely put effort into it. I am not glad the melee is broken, the fact that even stealth kills and pull downs are too doesn't help(thats probably lag though on that part). I personally thought that if you're gonna have a mechanic in a game then have it working, not a messed up system that works like 10% of the time. Which oddly is why I don't mind blindfire in UC3 currently, since its a mechanic and I wouldn't want a useless mechanic that rarely works for any part of the game.

Randomly spawned PWs can be great in my opinion. Risking a booster just to find them quickly or simply running around the map, a.k.a. wasting time, to find them seems fair to me. the system we have now usually results in the higher levels rushing for the PWs within the start of the match and getting a lead in an easy handful of kills on the low levels within seconds doesn't really give a tactical advantage...just gives 1 team a head start. Especially with PW placement in some maps.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 39 of 126 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

May 7, 2013

The only problem with randomly spawned PW is that, they aren't really random~. people will figure out where their 'spawn' areas are, and search them all out. which will just basically lead to the same problem we have now, except the non-tryhards won't have any idea where the weapons are.

while i don't like getting killed with a power weapon, i personally think the system is fine. the only thing that could make it better would be to take out power weapons completely, and we all know that isn't going to happen.

I only really play FFXIV and Smite now a'days.
If you send me a friend request please specify where you're from. Thank.
Sub or just check out my YouTube channel!
Message 40 of 126 (277 Views)
0 Likes