Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
3233 posts

Re: What direction I think Uncharted 4 multiplayer should take.

May 7, 2013
Random power weapons only work in FFA.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 126 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2600 posts

May 7, 2013

For power weapons, the spawn locations just need to be adjusted for balance.

Anyone who's played 3TDM should have experienced their fair share of spawn-based PW unbalance.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 126 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 7, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

The M9 is a problem, like it or not.

If they do come back with loadouts and have a Jack-Of-Trades gun in mind, then it better be a real Jack-Of-Trades gun.

Would you like to see loadouts make a return in UC4?

Yea I wouldn't mind loadouts. I prefer starting out with my own playstyle instead of having to find the gun that fits my style in the map. So long as loadout guns are balanced. I also like the fact that what uncharted has going for it is the small amount of guns it has. Unlike other shooters that have dozens upon dozens of guns in them where they all seem to blend together and have little difference.

It can have the simplicity of having a certain gun for a certain thing so it can create balance, and thats what I see almost being done here. But throughout all of UC3's lifespan there was at least 1 gun that was able to do more than it should and ruin that balance. If the gun balance can be worked out right out in launch or at the latest a month or so afterwords, then it will most likely work out much better than in UC3.

The only problem with that is that if ND has had 1 and a half years to balance this game and haven't (IYO, the M9), what makes you think that they actually ever could? If I though the game wasn't balanced now, I would definitely not want ND to include loadouts in UC4. However, I think that it took a long time but I do believe that UC3 is mostly balanced now, and that's why I hope loadouts make a reappearence in UC4. But that's just my take on the situation. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 126 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4890 posts

May 7, 2013
While we're talking about spawns, when I die, I still experience super sucky spawn locations. For ME it's worse now than it was in UC2.
 photo enemy_zpsb0542811.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 126 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1834 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

gimmicky was probably the wrong word, but I meant tacked on. Like they decided late in the games development, "hmm lets add MP" and barely put effort into it. I am not glad the melee is broken, the fact that even stealth kills and pull downs are too doesn't help(thats probably lag though on that part). I personally thought that if you're gonna have a mechanic in a game then have it working, not a messed up system that works like 10% of the time. Which oddly is why I don't mind blindfire in UC3 currently, since its a mechanic and I wouldn't want a useless mechanic that rarely works for any part of the game.

Randomly spawned PWs can be great in my opinion. Risking a booster just to find them quickly or simply running around the map, a.k.a. wasting time, to find them seems fair to me. the system we have now usually results in the higher levels rushing for the PWs within the start of the match and getting a lead in an easy handful of kills on the low levels within seconds doesn't really give a tactical advantage...just gives 1 team a head start. Especially with PW placement in some maps.

That's what frustrated me because it was given very little time. I do think they put the effort in because most of the core of the game works. Matchmaking, weapon balancing, trap mechanic etc. I hope if they make a Tomb Raider 2 that they start that multiplayer early and build on the foundations that have been laid.

Yeah I know melee should work but it's not like UC3 melee which locks on. You have to be facing the right direction and be doing that little running movement. I haven't had much issue with the stealth and pull downs because triangle shows up and you press it then. However it is laggy, I've pulled down people who were three meters away from when I pressed triangle, guess its the same in UC3. The TR melee mechanic is more like the nade throwback mechanic in UC3. Both very unpredictable and not guaranteed to work. I prefer melee that way as it should feel like that last resort, desperately trying to land the axe in the enemy. 

This rise of kamikaze players who turn into PS1 AI basically running straight at you, is painful to watch and **bleep** rediculous when it actually pays off like in UC3. Yeah you wont hear me complaining that the melee is hard to pull off in TR.

Even if TR  is underdeveloped I always go back to it and breath a sigh of relief because aiming a gun constitutes 90% of the kills. 

In UC3 I like the rush for the power weapons. It's the issue with the maps being asymmetrical that's the problem. If they're fairly placed in the center of the map then it's all good. I don't really equate fair with randomness in games. So for me I'm not a fan of power weapons randomly spawning in team based modes.

You do make an interesting point though and it would definitely change the dynamic of matches. I imagine you would just get players crowding round power weapon spawn locations.

I'm intrigued about a middle ground idea as your main issue seems to be with new players being defeated by experienced players who know the spawns and run right to them. Would you prefer if the power weapons stayed as they are now but didn't spawn immediately on the map? So the rush would be gone and it would be more about controlling those areas and being rewarded with the weapons.

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 126 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5714 posts

May 7, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

The M9 is a problem, like it or not.

If they do come back with loadouts and have a Jack-Of-Trades gun in mind, then it better be a real Jack-Of-Trades gun.

Would you like to see loadouts make a return in UC4?

Yea I wouldn't mind loadouts. I prefer starting out with my own playstyle instead of having to find the gun that fits my style in the map. So long as loadout guns are balanced. I also like the fact that what uncharted has going for it is the small amount of guns it has. Unlike other shooters that have dozens upon dozens of guns in them where they all seem to blend together and have little difference.

It can have the simplicity of having a certain gun for a certain thing so it can create balance, and thats what I see almost being done here. But throughout all of UC3's lifespan there was at least 1 gun that was able to do more than it should and ruin that balance. If the gun balance can be worked out right out in launch or at the latest a month or so afterwords, then it will most likely work out much better than in UC3.

The only problem with that is that if ND has had 1 and a half years to balance this game and haven't (IYO, the M9), what makes you think that they actually ever could? If I though the game wasn't balanced now, I would definitely not want ND to include loadouts in UC4. However, I think that it took a long time but I do believe that UC3 is mostly balanced now, and that's why I hope loadouts make a reappearence in UC4. But that's just my take on the situation. 

Whose to say they won't look at the balancing in UC4? It's not like they will keep the slightly unbalanced loadouts we have now. I'm assuming there will be different weapons to work with in UC4 since all 3 games in the series had a different assortment of weapons each. Given that the game hopefully isn't rushed this time either, chances are they will look at the mistakes made in UC3 coupled with UC2's and improve upon those greatly. Like I said, I'm not looking for balance in UC3 anymore, but UC4 is an entirely new game that may or may not even be in the works now and it can be tested thoroughly given ND isn't given a small deadline like last time.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 126 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5714 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

PeteX19 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

gimmicky was probably the wrong word, but I meant tacked on. Like they decided late in the games development, "hmm lets add MP" and barely put effort into it. I am not glad the melee is broken, the fact that even stealth kills and pull downs are too doesn't help(thats probably lag though on that part). I personally thought that if you're gonna have a mechanic in a game then have it working, not a messed up system that works like 10% of the time. Which oddly is why I don't mind blindfire in UC3 currently, since its a mechanic and I wouldn't want a useless mechanic that rarely works for any part of the game.

Randomly spawned PWs can be great in my opinion. Risking a booster just to find them quickly or simply running around the map, a.k.a. wasting time, to find them seems fair to me. the system we have now usually results in the higher levels rushing for the PWs within the start of the match and getting a lead in an easy handful of kills on the low levels within seconds doesn't really give a tactical advantage...just gives 1 team a head start. Especially with PW placement in some maps.

That's what frustrated me because it was given very little time. I do think they put the effort in because most of the core of the game works. Matchmaking, weapon balancing, trap mechanic etc. I hope if they make a Tomb Raider 2 that they start that multiplayer early and build on the foundations that have been laid.

Yeah I know melee should work but it's not like UC3 melee which locks on. You have to be facing the right direction and be doing that little running movement. I haven't had much issue with the stealth and pull downs because triangle shows up and you press it then. However it is laggy, I've pulled down people who were three meters away from when I pressed triangle, guess its the same in UC3. The TR melee mechanic is more like the nade throwback mechanic in UC3. Both very unpredictable and not guaranteed to work. I prefer melee that way as it should feel like that last resort, desperately trying to land the axe in the enemy. 

This rise of kamikaze players who turn into PS1 AI basically running straight at you, is painful to watch and **bleep** rediculous when it actually pays off like in UC3. Yeah you wont hear me complaining that the melee is hard to pull off in TR.

Even if TR  is underdeveloped I always go back to it and breath a sigh of relief because aiming a gun constitutes 90% of the kills. 

In UC3 I like the rush for the power weapons. It's the issue with the maps being asymmetrical that's the problem. If they're fairly placed in the center of the map then it's all good. I don't really equate fair with randomness in games. So for me I'm not a fan of power weapons randomly spawning in team based modes.

You do make an interesting point though and it would definitely change the dynamic of matches. I imagine you would just get players crowding round power weapon spawn locations.

I'm intrigued about a middle ground idea as your main issue seems to be with new players being defeated by experience who know the spawns and run right to them. Would you prefer if the power weapons stayed as they are now but didn't spawn immediately on the map? So the rush would be gone and it would be more about controlling those areas and being rewarded with the weapons.

All I know is when I tried melee even on unsuspecting enemies, it failed a lot of times. I don't want that, or at least no melee at all. I don't mind melee at all I mean it isn't out of the realm of reality so no problem with it.

I don't know I'm just not a fan at all for PWs being readily available for a certain side. And the obvious tier list of PWs on certain maps. Like yay Heroes get a shotgun in LU, but villians get a mag, sniper and RPG, all 3 weapons a sas can't do jack to from afar. I don't mind PWs giving a tactical advantage sure, but whats the point of boosters like Power Hunter if after like 1 day looking at all the maps, you know where all the PWs are and can take full advantage of them, giving your team an edge and free medals towards your PW kickback(thats another problem btw, but opinions are clear on that). At the very least give them an ammo reduction as a lot of them PWs can give 5+ kills in the right circumstances.

I mean it isn't exactly game breaking if the T-bolt appears on the balcony on 1 side, but 5 mins later appears in a building across the map, people with a PH booster can see it, and someone walking by can pick it up as well. It may add a layer of strategy as well and promote less camping, for example some camping spots actually hold PWs in them, first coming to mind is facility. Having them not spawn in popular hotspots will promote more traveling even for PW hoggers as they have to look for the PWs.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 126 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1834 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

All I know is when I tried melee even on unsuspecting enemies, it failed a lot of times. I don't want that, or at least no melee at all. I don't mind melee at all I mean it isn't out of the realm of reality so no problem with it.

I don't know I'm just not a fan at all for PWs being readily available for a certain side. And the obvious tier list of PWs on certain maps. Like yay Heroes get a shotgun in LU, but villians get a mag, sniper and RPG, all 3 weapons a sas can't do jack to from afar. I don't mind PWs giving a tactical advantage sure, but whats the point of boosters like Power Hunter if after like 1 day looking at all the maps, you know where all the PWs are and can take full advantage of them, giving your team an edge and free medals towards your PW kickback(thats another problem btw, but opinions are clear on that). At the very least give them an ammo reduction as a lot of them PWs can give 5+ kills in the right circumstances.

I mean it isn't exactly game breaking if the T-bolt appears on the balcony on 1 side, but 5 mins later appears in a building across the map, people with a PH booster can see it, and someone walking by can pick it up as well. It may add a layer of strategy as well and promote less camping, for example some camping spots actually hold PWs in them, first coming to mind is facility. Having them not spawn in popular hotspots will promote more traveling even for PW hoggers as they have to look for the PWs.

I've got so used to using my secondary (pistole or Magnum) which are insanely deadly at close range, I've almost forgot about melee in TR. It's not out of the realm but in reality I would choose a gun over a melee weapon from 3 meters away. Especially since in games the only action melee offers in 3rd/1st person shooter is a one button standard . There's no combo system or anything interesting like the single player. Obviously because lag would make that infruriating. Whatever I'm going on to much, just much prefer you having to aim a gun in a shooting game, what ever range that be. 

Melee should feel like TLOU portrays it. Not this OP thing that guarantees a kill with a single button press.

Go and play Dropkick when the desire for melee comes about XD I know I will.

I get your theory but I'm against randomness in team modes of multiplayer games. It's why I hate the random switching in objective, it's like a slot machine. Games that act like slot machines are not my cup of tea.

PS I'm currently going through 10 hours of recorded TR matches in the search for clips. Watching people trying to melee is hilarious.

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 126 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5714 posts

May 7, 2013

PeteX19 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

I've got so used to using my secondary (pistole or Magnum) which are insanely deadly at close range, I've almost forgot about melee in TR. It's not out of the realm but in reality I would choose a gun over a melee weapon from 3 meters away. Especially since in games the only action melee offers in 3rd/1st person shooter is a one button standard . There's no combo system or anything interesting like the single player. Obviously because lag would make that infruriating. Whatever I'm going on to much, just much prefer you having to aim a gun in a shooting game, what ever range that be. 

Melee should feel like TLOU portrays it. Not this OP thing that guarantees a kill with a single button press.

Go and play Dropkick when the desire for melee comes about XD I know I will.

I get your theory but I'm against randomness in team modes of multiplayer games. It's why I hate the random switching in objective, it's like a slot machine. Games that act like slot machines are not my cup of tea.

PS I'm currently going through 10 hours of recorded TR matches in the search for clips. Watching people trying to melee is hilarious.

It's all about the OP auto shotgun lmao. (seriously tho that thing ruins close quarters for anyone who doesn't have it, which also adds to the uselessness of melee)

In a game like TLOU, it seems like melee may work as a paralyzing thing or something and not directly causing fatal damage, least thats what im getting from it.

Seems like we are both seeing PWs in a different light lol. Because I'm personally against the idea of getting free kills with these 3+ PWs spawning over and over in the same spot per map. Especially since the only people benefitting from it are the higher levels as in a usual TDM with randoms vs parties. The first minute of kills is all PWs by the high leveled parties against the noobs. and then when those are used up, chances are MM is already on with the marked man hiding in a corner ready to blast a random with another PW trying to get at him. I wouldn't call that strategy... especially in some maps where weapon placement sucks %$^#

Maybe an alternative would be to have more weapons enter a set area through dynamic events. Like the RPG in airstrip or something.

photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 126 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

May 7, 2013

Power Plays: Although an interesting idea to have to make the game slightly more even, how often do power plays actually work and help the losing team? Not just are they annoying, the aren't a challenge or handicap at all for the winning team.

Marked man: The whole team just protects the marked individual.

Exposed: Helps a little bit in showing where players are but doesn't give enough of a handicap to be considered useful.

Double Damage: The winning team just hides.

Map Design: I will agree, maps in Uncharted 3 are made in a strange way, offering certain power weapons to certain teams. This is really unfair when one team has access to the RPG or Hammer but the other team has access to the T-Bolt or Mag.  In my opinion all players on both teams should have access to all power weapons, just comes down to who gets there first.

Kickbacks: A nice addition in my eyes which can quickly turn the tide of battle but as much as I love earning my T-Bolt kickback  there should not be Power Weapon Kickbacks. I mean why choose a defensive or a grenade kickback when you can choose a Power weapon kickback instead. UC4 should have less Power weapon kickbacks and move kickbacks based on survival or sabotage.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 126 (131 Views)
0 Likes