Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

Re: What direction I think Uncharted 4 multiplayer should take.

May 8, 2013

I did not directly say that ND should only attract people through co-op alone. That is a ridiculous thing to say.

I am thinking for the long term for the next game. About how people could be less frustrated with the game and how to make sure that people that are new can adapt and play while also having fun. Not just for those that want to play competitive based game modes but also for those that want to play co-op based modes.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 126 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

May 8, 2013
I hope UC4 doesn't have moving and changing levels. Desert Village sand is annoying. I don't think anyone likes the intro to London or Airstrip. So please, don't put the map change into the game.
 photo enemy_zpsb0542811.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 126 (315 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1166 posts

May 8, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

Although I agree that powerplays are unfair in their current form, I think they were a great idea and could be done better in UC4. You're right that almost everyone on the forum wants them taken out, but people on the forum are more likely the better players in UC3 who play in parties. Therfore, they are victims of powerplays more often than recievers. Think about all the relatively new players in UC3 who play alone. In UC3, when you play alone, you lose a lot, and powerplays might be the only thing that gives you a chance to get your team ahead. I think they should keep powerplays in UC4 if and only if: 1.) The difference in score required to start a powerplay increases (right now it's only 6)

2.) The powerplay stops before the losing team has a chance to tie the game, for example if they get within 5 kills before the timer runs out.

That is poor reasoning for keeping one of the worst multiplayer ideas ever implemented. A far better solution for the the "new/bad player" argument is simply adding a mercenary playlist with no parties.

I've been on the losing end lots of times, (LOTS!!!!) parties are at the other side quite a bit, but so are rivals that are all randoms with one or two guys going 20/5.  I realize that powerplays take away the "purity" of the game, but if you're on the losing end and you hear the Power Play warning, there's definitely a rush.  "Yes, we can get back into this!"  No bigger thrill than coming back from a 10 kill deficit.  More often than not the losing team is right back into the hole after 2 minutes, but hey, there's always Double Damage!

Let the less talented players have a few crumbs.  I also think it would be a fine compromise to make it a 10 kill deficit for the activation.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 126 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

May 8, 2013

Banting-Best wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

Although I agree that powerplays are unfair in their current form, I think they were a great idea and could be done better in UC4. You're right that almost everyone on the forum wants them taken out, but people on the forum are more likely the better players in UC3 who play in parties. Therfore, they are victims of powerplays more often than recievers. Think about all the relatively new players in UC3 who play alone. In UC3, when you play alone, you lose a lot, and powerplays might be the only thing that gives you a chance to get your team ahead. I think they should keep powerplays in UC4 if and only if: 1.) The difference in score required to start a powerplay increases (right now it's only 6)

2.) The powerplay stops before the losing team has a chance to tie the game, for example if they get within 5 kills before the timer runs out.

That is poor reasoning for keeping one of the worst multiplayer ideas ever implemented. A far better solution for the the "new/bad player" argument is simply adding a mercenary playlist with no parties.

I've been on the losing end lots of times, (LOTS!!!!) parties are at the other side quite a bit, but so are rivals that are all randoms with one or two guys going 20/5.  I realize that powerplays take away the "purity" of the game, but if you're on the losing end and you hear the Power Play warning, there's definitely a rush.  "Yes, we can get back into this!"  No bigger thrill than coming back from a 10 kill deficit.  More often than not the losing team is right back into the hole after 2 minutes, but hey, there's always Double Damage!

Let the less talented players have a few crumbs.  I also think it would be a fine compromise to make it a 10 kill deficit for the activation.

Sure. It helps them get some kills. There is no denying that.

But help? Can't they just learn the game rather than being assisted?

They wont get better being given kills all the time, there is no incentive to improve when the game will reward you for not getting better.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 126 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5849 posts

May 8, 2013

Banting-Best wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:

Huskers1598 wrote:

You know how big of a slap in the face it is to be on the losing team with more kills than the other team but thanks to MM power play (which is the first one) they get more points and therefore win.

Power plays were good in theory, but with the exception of exposed, they were implemented poorly and the best action would be to just remove them.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 126 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
311 posts

May 8, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

I have a few improvement suggestions that I think would really help the gameplay and appeal to all level of players. I think my ideas could really attract more players of all types and maybe even tap into the "smartphone gamer" market:

- Several more micro-transaction options (5$ for a free kill!)

- Add the ability to blindfire/hipfire during melee and roll animation

:smileyvery-happy: 

Bravo.

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 126 (286 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1166 posts

May 8, 2013

sanddude20 and Aureilia both make the right points, I agree Powerplays for many peole are considered "dirty", dirty way to win, dirty way to play.

When you're the Marked Man though, and your temmates rush in to protect you, feels good.  One of the few times I've seen the concept of "team" actually implemented in Deathmatch.

On Molten Ruins, you get folks cowering in the little cubbyhole at the bottom of the stairs there during Double Damage, throw a few grenades in, hilarity ensues.  All of a sudden it's hide and seek!  YAY!!!

On the flip, many high powered folks see a Powerplay against them as an advantage, marked man goes there, other team gets drawn in, lambs to to slaughter, especeally if the MM has the sense to hide in a easily defendable spot.  As a good player, he/she should.

Now that I've Pollyanna'd the crap out of this business, let me just say that ND experimented a lot with this game, some things worked, some things didn't.  UC 2 was the super cute little baby phase, UC3 the really awkward teen years, UC4....the super-hot Ryan Gosling era?  We shall see.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 126 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

May 8, 2013

Meh... I prefer UDF's multiplayer...

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 126 (276 Views)
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

May 9, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Also. We shouldn't be appealing to all players, people who run around... hipfiring and refusing to aim, like I'm currently doing because I'm bored, should not be catered to. If you can't play correctly, don't play at all.

Lol, what? You clearly didn't understand what I said. I mean competitive and casual players... Not for people like that.

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 126 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

May 9, 2013

Banting-Best wrote:

sanddude20 and Aureilia both make the right points, I agree Powerplays for many peole are considered "dirty", dirty way to win, dirty way to play.

When you're the Marked Man though, and your temmates rush in to protect you, feels good.  One of the few times I've seen the concept of "team" actually implemented in Deathmatch.

On Molten Ruins, you get folks cowering in the little cubbyhole at the bottom of the stairs there during Double Damage, throw a few grenades in, hilarity ensues.  All of a sudden it's hide and seek!  YAY!!!

On the flip, many high powered folks see a Powerplay against them as an advantage, marked man goes there, other team gets drawn in, lambs to to slaughter, especeally if the MM has the sense to hide in a easily defendable spot.  As a good player, he/she should.

Now that I've Pollyanna'd the crap out of this business, let me just say that ND experimented a lot with this game, some things worked, some things didn't.  UC 2 was the super cute little baby phase, UC3 the really awkward teen years, UC4....the super-hot Ryan Gosling era?  We shall see.

Well, I never really got covered during marked man. My teammates played like usual and I took heavy beatings because most of them always split up and I can't stick to one guy long enough.

"the super-hot Ryan Gosling era"? WHAT?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 126 (227 Views)
0 Likes