Oct 26 2013
By: iWin24Seven First Son 13 posts

Uncharted 4

9 replies 572 views Edited Oct 26, 2013
I want a Uncharted 4 Combat Training something like Black Ops 1 & 2. I would love to play a 1v9 in Yemen or whichever map on Recruit Bots.

If anyone agrees with me comment you PSN and Get Naughty Dog to see this Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 10 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Re: Uncharted 4

Oct 27, 2013

They already did this. Co-op arena is really similar to combat training.

Message 2 of 10 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3433 posts

Oct 28, 2013

I want a Naughty Dog game without anything copied from those boring first person shooters, so no sprint, no legacies, no mods, no loadouts, etc.

Message 3 of 10 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3579 posts

Oct 28, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I want a Naughty Dog game without anything copied from those boring first person shooters, so no sprint, no legacies, no mods, no loadouts, etc.

I kinda see what you mean, but those features aren't unique or staple to FPSs.
Or are they? I'm open to corrections, as always.

Do you feel me?

Message 4 of 10 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3433 posts

Oct 29, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I kinda see what you mean, but those features aren't unique or staple to FPSs.
Or are they? I'm open to corrections, as always.

maybe you're right, I don't really know, but I do know that every FPS has a sprint option, the reason it is in FPS's is because they usually have big maps with big open spaces you have to traverse quickly, players don't want to walk across a field slowly, but Uncharted should be about traversal, and should have vertical maps, so instead of a long stretched map it should be a smaller vertical map, and sprint is totally unnecessary in this game and ruins the gameplay a little for me...

legacies, I was mostly referring to the prestige system in the call of duty games, I think it's a horrible system and I have no idea why naughty dog copied it, especially if you have a missions and booster leveling system in place which resets once you legacy, horrible decision in my eyes...

as for mods and loadouts, Uncharted isn't really about tweaking guns and stuff, it's an action/adventure game, you should scavenge for better weapons, not be a super soldier from the start of the match, it ruins exploration and people can camp without getting punished for it...

now if FPS's invented those things, I don't know, but I just wanted to say that those elements are in all the big FPS multiplayer games, and I think they don't fit in Uncharted at all, that's what I wanted to say Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 10 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10255 posts

Oct 29, 2013
I kinda like loadouts. I highly doubt that people neatly laid down a crateload of weaponry in, say, Yemen, without anyone noticing it at any point.

I do have to point out that for an action-adventure game, the competitive game modes are mostly shooter-based (TDM, FFA, 3TDM, HC/Classic, the most of Lab, 5th round of TO).
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 6 of 10 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7371 posts

Oct 29, 2013

I hope Uncharted 4's online is uniquely cinematic... Oh wait, on Uncharted 3's box it says that very thing? Well I see little proof of it. What is cinematic about Uncharted 3's online over other games? You could argue the cutscenes from the beta but they are not around anymore and the dynamic maps are nothing new anymore either.

I'm hoping Uncharted 4 delivers on this promise. One thing I also want are some more varied modes that really link into the theme of adventure and treasure hunting... plunder does not count. 

Message 7 of 10 (365 Views)
Last Guardian
10255 posts

Oct 29, 2013
The cinematic things in UC3 are the stealth, pull down/kick off and some melee animations I guess. It does force me to endure a stupidly lengthy animation despite Revenge nades.

@samuel Co-op Adventure is literally UC3 story mode co-op, with the same eh quality of story. I want a comp treasure-hunting thing going on, but honestly I think devs have a hard time coming up with new modes that aren't complicated.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 8 of 10 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7371 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 29, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
The cinematic things in UC3 are the stealth, pull down/kick off and some melee animations I guess. It does force me to endure a stupidly lengthy animation despite Revenge nades.

@samuel Co-op Adventure is literally UC3 story mode co-op, with the same eh quality of story. I want a comp treasure-hunting thing going on, but honestly I think devs have a hard time coming up with new modes that aren't complicated.

You could say they are cinematic, but not uniquely so as it says on the box. Most games have stealth animations these days and a lot have pull downs and kick offs too. 

Well... what's wrong with complicated? I mean as long as you put the objective up on the screen gamers should not have a hard time playing it. Perhaps something similar to Interrogation in  The Last of Us but with a couple more steps after opening the safe and perhaps new areas that open up as the game mode progresses. Just something different to deathmatch, plunder, king of the hill etc (not saying they should be altogether removed).

Call it Competitive Adventure. 

Message 9 of 10 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
10255 posts

Oct 29, 2013
Maybe you haven't played with enough people not understanding the objective despite very clear text dialogs. I had it happen in TLOU too, mind you. Some people aren't bright enough to even follow the concept of Turf War.
Message 10 of 10 (313 Views)
0 Likes