Wastelander
685 posts

Re: Uncharted 4

Jan 9, 2014

I like speculating as much as the next person but if there's one thing I've learned it's not to take things too seriously or get my hopes up too much until we have some concrete information.

They may have teased it this early precisely because it won't be coming until 2015...many assume/hope that the next Uncharted will be released this year.  If it's not released until 2015, ND needs to keep interest alive.

Still, two years in a row without a Christmas release seems a bit much.  Patch 1.18 was kind of a stealth (and pleasant) surprise as well as a welcome change from what I've come to expect as a tradition of overhyping things from ND.

It wouldn't come as much of a shock to me if ND announced an earlier release than what everyone is expecting.  In the end though, I'd rather wait longer for a stellar game.

Message 11 of 24 (379 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
781 posts

Jan 9, 2014

I really think U4 will be out in late 2014....

Personally, I'm holding out on buying a PS4 because there is just nothing I really want to play on it right now....And I'm not forking out money to pay for online play when there is nothing worth paying for....

The Order 1886 may be enough to convince me once I hear a firm release date...But the Uncharted series is where I've spent most of my PS3 time the past 4 years or so and what I'm really waiting for to buy a PS4....

The Uncharted series is one the Playstation's biggest exclusives...I think Sony will be pushing hard for a 2014 release...It's the kind of signature game that will sell systems and get people using Sony's online services....

Message 12 of 24 (356 Views)
Survivor
2203 posts

Jan 9, 2014

I really dont have a problem with when Uncharted 4 is released, as long as ND dont rush it, i'll be happy.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 13 of 24 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Jan 10, 2014
Well... I am sure they won't rush it. After they delayed Last Of Us for polishing...

But guys, i want to see a trailer. And i am very desperate for it!

I guess it's a way tooo long wait between a teaser and a trailer.
Message 14 of 24 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

They said early 2014, i'm guessing next month at the Sony conference.

And it's definitely a 2014 release no way they would tease a 2015 release from 2013.

It seems like games are being teased earlier and earlier.  Just to torture us I guess.  The Division is apparently delayed into infinity.Ouch.  

ND has said they painted themselves into a corner with the release date of UC3, they're probably being VERY cautious this time around.

There's not a PS4 to be had around here for love or money anyway.

Message 15 of 24 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3341 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2014

Banting-Best wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

They said early 2014, i'm guessing next month at the Sony conference.

And it's definitely a 2014 release no way they would tease a 2015 release from 2013.

It seems like games are being teased earlier and earlier.  Just to torture us I guess.  The Division is apparently delayed into infinity.Ouch.  

ND has said they painted themselves into a corner with the release date of UC3, they're probably being VERY cautious this time around.

There's not a PS4 to be had around here for love or money anyway.

Ubisoft is just a mess right now wouldn't even be surprised if Watch Dogs gets pushed back again. 

But I can't see ND missing the 1st year of PS4 without releasing a game they have always released a game in the Fall of every 1st year of a Sony console.

It would be 3 years since the last Uncharted & Sony doesn't have a game to counter Halo 5 except for UC4. 

I can't see them releasing in 2015.

Message 16 of 24 (324 Views)
Survivor
2305 posts

Jan 11, 2014
Does it actually matter when it releases?
Message 17 of 24 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Jan 11, 2014

It does matter if you own a PS4. Which has such a poor library of games everyone has to rebuy Tomb Raider just to have one quality game.

That said...

I expect the first trailer at E3. With the release being end of this year. They seriously can't push it any further back than that. They'll end up risking people converting to the console with the better games.

Message 18 of 24 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Jan 11, 2014
Why everyone expects the FIRST trailer at E3.
Like that months away.

What i believe is....
A trailer, sometime soon
And a game play at E3.
They have been doing this way. And i think they'll do the same.

And i am sure i read somewhere that they'll start rolling info in Early January, and its almost mid Jan!

I am really desperate for a trailer, atleast we get to know the theme of this one.

Like, i am interested in knowing how TLoU affected the making of UC4!
Will they have something apocalyptic!?
Or the same UC theme, save the world, save the person.
Message 19 of 24 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Jan 11, 2014
@lil.... Obviously it does matter, if u love the franchise.
Message 20 of 24 (265 Views)
0 Likes