Oct 23 2013
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3721 posts

Uncharted Free Roam?

22 replies 2185 views Edited Oct 23, 2013

DISCUSSION

What if Naughty Dog were to make Uncharted 4 ONLINE (online being the keyword here) a free roam map?

If they pulled a Rockstar stunt (the good kind) and made everyone play the Story (ND are more known for their epic Story mode) 2 weeks before releasing the Multiplayer, then this way no one will have any spoilers thrown at them from the MP.

There should also be a restriction to access the MP if you have NOT completed the story at least ONCE on ANY difficulty. So 2 weeks should be enough time.

Now, the MP...

I think if the MP was to be free roam, then it may just work.

FIRSTLY, the MP MENU needs to be like it is now in Uncharted 3. BEFORE we EVEN jump straight into the map, we need to be directed into the Uncharted style lobby. None of that Rockstar complicated crap.

Once in the lobby (same as the Uncharted 3 one) we will have all the options as we don now on the left hand side, and see out character and maps etc on the right hand side.

This was we could create our own parties FIRST and even create our character and mode from this menu.

IF we join the Uncharted World map via "matchmaking" then we just jump into a map with other 9 or 19 players....

Here we ALL have "Team Safe" so no one can kill you. You are free to roam the Uncharted World at your will. You can visit locations like the "Desert Village" and there should be a circle or an option there we could start our own Death Match/Plunder etc, or Co-op Arena or Adventure with our friends or join one in progress OR with randoms. Just like one does in GTA. Otherwise you can free roam the Desert Village while you wait for your friends.

There also NEEDS to be an option to spawn on your friends from anywhere on this map as well as visiting any location by "teleporting" maybe via a smoke bomb method.

We should also be able to start "gang fights" anywhere on the main Uncharted Map or even challenge other players to a death match or objectives where we go head to head i.e. first team to rob 5 museums wins etc.

What you guys think of this? It obviously wont ever happen, but let's discuss at the possibility.

Message 1 of 23 (2,185 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3508 posts

Re: Uncharted Free Roam?

Oct 23, 2013

nah, not in Uncharted, it doesn't fit, the single player is not freeroam, so you can't just use a location for multiplayer purposes, so just making it happen that you can do anything in the single player with friends just isn't possible and I don't see the point of it either...

now, The Last of Us on the other hand, is more fitting, it would be pretty awesome to have a small open world (very small, because there must be a lot of detail and good map design else it's not fun), roamed with infected, 3 teams of 5 players and try to survive by defending their base and trying to get supplies to survive against infected and try to steal supplies from each other, random events happen so teams must find a new camp if their old camp gets destroyed, etc.

think of the possibilities Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 23 (2,174 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3508 posts

Oct 23, 2013

btw, why aren't peopel allowed to play multiplayer first? if they are so stupid to spoil themselve it's their decision, not ND :/

Message 3 of 23 (2,173 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 23, 2013
It's not to spoil themselves. The MP doesn't spoil anything.

It's to try and lessen the amount of **bleep** questions in the MP, like how to reload.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 23 (2,167 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11441 posts

Oct 23, 2013
I know several people who are maxed out in UC3 and have yet to finish the story.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 5 of 23 (2,162 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Oct 23, 2013
Many people these days jump straight into the MP as that's the norm these days. Others do it do be ahead of everyone.
Message 6 of 23 (2,158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3302 posts

Oct 23, 2013

I know quite a few people who did only the prologue in GTA V & didn't play it again till the MP came out which is absurd enough on it's own.

But a free roam UC Multiplayer would be madness but would probably be boring after a few hours, so no thanks.

Message 7 of 23 (2,139 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Oct 23, 2013

Actually my husband ignores Single Player games... He doesn't really care for games unless it's against other people.

Some people just don't care about Single Player.

I however often have to finish the Single Player to almost anything before I even bother with the MP.

Unless it's like Killzone, CoD or something where the story isn't worth playing anyway.

As for free roam, seeing how it works in GTA V. I'd have to say no thanks. I don't like it much... Also if it was identical to GTA V. You can never play the things you want... It's a good MP. but it's even more limited than ever intended by how people choose to play.

Message 8 of 23 (2,114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Oct 24, 2013

I can't play a multiplayer without finishing the singleplayer first. I just hate it. I love being able to experience everything in the multiplayer and learning everything there is to learn in the singleplayer before moving on to the multiplayer.

Aureilia wrote:

Actually my husband ignores Single Player games... He doesn't really care for games unless it's against other people.

Some people just don't care about Single Player.

I however often have to finish the Single Player to almost anything before I even bother with the MP.

Unless it's like Killzone, CoD or something where the story isn't worth playing anyway.

As for free roam, seeing how it works in GTA V. I'd have to say no thanks. I don't like it much... Also if it was identical to GTA V. You can never play the things you want... It's a good MP. but it's even more limited than ever intended by how people choose to play.

I agree, Uncharted shouldn't be free roam. It'd get boring and it'd just annoy me. GTA should stay in GTA. Flying planes into blimps (dumb waaaays to die...) should stay in GTA.

Bang Bang!

Message 9 of 23 (2,068 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 24, 2013
I like GTA, but GTA can sell a free roam multiplayer because the SP is free roam for quite some time. UC has always been a linear game and I also like that.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 10 of 23 (2,062 Views)
0 Likes