Apr 03 2014
By: DeVitowned First Son 3 posts

Uncharted Multiplayer - What A Broken Disgrace

16 replies 725 views Edited Apr 3, 2014

What I am about to write might **bleep** a lot of people off.  I don't care.  It's the truth, they know it, and won't do a **bleep** thing about it.

Naughty Dog needs to stick with single player experiences and leave the multiplayer for the big boys.  I am a huge fan of the franchise as a whole, been so quite enthusiastically since day one, but their multiplayer sucks nuts.  Is it the gameplay that sucks?  Hell no, it's the myriad of problems that they can't seem to ever fix and only make decisions to **bleep** people off and break what doesn't need to be fixed.

LAG. LAG.  Nine in every ten **bleep** matches is nothing but pure lag.  Bullets through walls, grenades 10 yards away killing you, punches from 20 feet away.  The map playlists are so freaking broken that we have to choose from one random map and that **bleep** Dry Docks.  I am SO TIRED of Dry Docks!  Naughty Dog never does a **bleep** thing about cheaters, regardless of how many dozens of pictures and videos I have sent to them.

These problems aren't exclusive to Uncharted 3 multiplayer.  No, Uncharted 2 is just as bad.  The sad thing is, I played both Uncharted 2 and 3 in the betas, and neither of them had so many problems with glitches and lag.  Progressively, with each patch (ha, patch, I use that term loosely) the problems get worse.  I haven't played The Last of Us online yet (hear good things), so I cannot comment on its condition, but by God, since I have to pay for PS Plus to play multiplayer on the PS4, you better not release another laggy turd of a multiplayer mode.

There is so much good to these games, that it is a **bleep** shame it has to be ruined by such amateur net coding and **bleep** poor development decisions through these patches.

Message 1 of 17 (725 Views)
Naughty Paw
10773 posts

Re: Uncharted Multiplayer - What A Broken Disgrace

Apr 3, 2014
This is what happens when you have lots of play lists and DLC that divides the player pool.

Hopefully, we get better netcoding and less population-dividing DLC.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 17 (718 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3203 posts

Apr 3, 2014
Can you imagine if Naughty Dog actually didn't create a Multiplayer for Uncharted 2 & 3 just how different all our PS3 experience would be? We wouldn't have met so many awesome people & had so much fun for endless hours... So while the game may have problems it's far from broken & UC3 for me personally is the game that offered the most fun online on PS3.

But I do agree hopefully they do a really ace netcode for UC4 & punish people with crap internet for once.
Message 3 of 17 (704 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Apr 4, 2014
I agree with the OP, but its too fun to give up on.
Message 4 of 17 (681 Views)
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Apr 4, 2014

Alright.... i agree with mostly everything but this?

DeVitowned wrote:

Naughty Dog needs to stick with single player experiences and leave the multiplayer for the big boys.

No no no i think you're wrong there mate, the MP in U2 and U3 are very well done and they are fun, it's just that the game is old and people moved on to their PS4s.

I do know the game has always been laggy and glitchy since release, but i just love it for some reason, and you too OP. We all love this game and always played it even with all the BS. ND has some secret ingredient...

Message 5 of 17 (669 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Apr 4, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:
This is what happens when you have lots of play lists and DLC that divides the player pool.

^ This.

UC4 should have a few consolidated playlists (a la UC2 All Competitive) and free DLC maps*.

Does anyone remember that Plunder and Objectives used to be in the same playlist back in 2009 and then people asked for a separate Plunder playlist? ND, you should man up and tell everyone that asking for separate playlists hurts the pool and increases lag. Don't stay silent!

* Via a mandatory patch. Unfortunately KZ SF MP DLC maps need to be downloaded manually from the PS store, which is complicated for n00bs (not to mention region lock issues).

Message 6 of 17 (648 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14145 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:

or no one could be playing it at all due to there not being enough modes. works both ways, ND went too far with Uncharted 3, too many modes, and went too far with TLOU, not enough modes.

Somewhere in the middle of TLOU and Uncharted 3 seems about right.

Anyway. Speaking of TLOU.. That also needs a Free to Play thing. Before the entire games userbase vanishes.

Message 7 of 17 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Apr 4, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

or no one could be playing it at all due to there not being enough modes. works both ways, ND went too far with Uncharted 3, too many modes, and went too far with TLOU, not enough modes.

Somewhere in the middle of TLOU and Uncharted 3 seems about right.

Anyway. Speaking of TLOU.. That also needs a Free to Play thing. Before the entire games userbase vanishes.

Having lots of modes is fine, as long as as each mode doesn't have a separate playlist.

Regardless of that, I agree that some modes should be scrapped (3TDM, Hardcore/Classic, Hunter and maybe Elimination). All these modes could still exist in Custom Game for scrims etc.

Message 8 of 17 (624 Views)
Fender Bender
3203 posts

Apr 4, 2014
The problem isn't that there are too many modes in UC3 it's the fact every single mode has two different player pools... That's what's hurting both TLOU & UC3 right now.

@l-Silhouettes-l - I agree some of those modes should be scrapped but keep Classic / Elimination &put them into one playlist... Hunter can be scrapped if Naughty Dog can fix the treasure migration into Arena & Adventure (which they won't do cause they hate Co-op) .. They need to just give out Shade Survival for free & get it over with it's already 99 cent bundled into the Free To Play Co-op arena add-on why not give out for free then?

3TDM should be scrapped tho & while they're at it remove Split Screen ( haha yeh I detest split screeners Smiley Sad )
Message 9 of 17 (608 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Apr 4, 2014
I agree the lag issues really stink. That being said, I think UC3 is the most fun I've ever had playing games online. And like @wycliff_12 said, I've met sooooooo many awesome people, all do to this game.

Some laggers are just unbeatable. But then there are others who just lag moderately, and they're more difficult than most good players with decent internet. But it's all that much more satisfying to beat them.

Combating lag has definitely made me a better player. But yes, I would love to see this issue fixed in the future.
Message 10 of 17 (604 Views)
0 Likes