Re: Uncharted PS4 will be about Sir Francis Drake and

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

fyiByas wrote:

Psyschock wrote:

fyiByas wrote:

Psyschock wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:
Absolutely NO footage of anything was shown. Could be anything. Don't be disappointed just yet. :smileywink:

I know. I watched the PS4 event Livestream. :smileywink: But there wasn't new game announcementS like teased before, meh.

Yea it was pretty bad.  I was expecting at least a few announcements, but didn't suprise me to see nothing.

EDIT:

@AKyemeni   it's in ND hands lets hope it's a good jump. I don't want Uncharted to be looked as a medicore series 10 years from now. 

I wish Straley and Druckmann where the directors (UC2/TLOU). Uncharted PS4 will have UC3's Richmond as main director again :/

And call me crazy but I hoped for the Demon's Souls 2 rumors to be true and shown at this event. I know From is busy with Dark Souls II but Sony Japan Studio helped doing DeS 1 afterall. The studio logo/name did got shown in 1 video atleast...

Japan Studios are great at what they do.  Almost every game from them are some of my favorites.  Though Demon's Souls II   isn't gonna happen unless they planned it from early on. Poor Atlus in the situation they are in:smileysad:   

Geoff (Doritos/Mountain Dew Pope) confirmed The Last Guardian is still out there! Which isn't a suprise after reading this link from Fumito Ueda. <---Link.

I wouldn't want Atlus to be the puplisher anyway, sorry...they are US only based and I'm in Europe (DeS1 got puplished by Namco here) It would just mean more region locked servers. Oh yeah, will never forget that sellout pic from Geoff.

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 11 of 52 (510 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1095 posts

Nov 15, 2013
For all we know, the guys voice we here is from a letter Drake finds and he isn't even a playable character. It's cool to speculate but I'm not gonna make assumptions on the plot bc it could go too many different ways.
Message 12 of 52 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3468 posts

Nov 15, 2013

I swear i remember being told that the image in the OP was used as statues or something in the TLoU. 

Message 13 of 52 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

I’ll admit speculation is pointless from a practical standpoint but it is FUN!...

Just for the record, Todd Stashwick has also been in law enforcement roles as well.  As far as him being American, any decent voice actor can do an accent (although some better than others).

I confess that I don’t know a lot about Sir Francis Drake (actually, many details of his life are unknown) but after looking at a few links about him, he wasn’t a very nice guy (despite Nathan’s adulation of him and his apparent popularity back in Merry Olde England during his own time).

I’m intrigued about the narrator of the teaser…especially since it seems that he might be more sympathetic than past villains (IF he proves to be the antagonist).  I’ve often thought that the problem with Uncharted villains is that they’re unambiguously “bad” and they always get killed.  There’s nothing more infuriating than a villain for whom you have some sympathy AND that gets away.

Given the reference in the trailer to chains, I’m inclined to think the narration is historical in nature but who’s to say that the narrator in the teaser is actually the historical figure?  Maybe it’s a descendant of someone “wronged” by Sir Francis Drake and reading from his ancestor’s diary or journal.  I can think of a few possibilities around this:

• Modern day setting with the descendant of Drake’s “victim” out to seek revenge on Nathan.  This is all the more tragic because Nathan’s passed himself off as a “true” descendant of Drake for years so the hatred would be misplaced.
  • Parallel settings (hopefully with a focus on modern day for the “shooter” aspect of the game).  A historical “flashback” to give context to the hatred felt by the victim’s descendant.

Let the speculation continue! :smileyhappy:

Message 14 of 52 (383 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10076 posts

Nov 15, 2013
Francis Drake is a pirate dude. He's just in good terms with the queen, that's it.

Otherwise he's just a pirate.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 15 of 52 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8710 posts

Nov 16, 2013
^Technically, he's a privateer, not a pirate.

Message 16 of 52 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10076 posts

Nov 16, 2013
You mean a government pirate? Yeah.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 17 of 52 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Nov 16, 2013

I just watched the teaser... 5 times... yesterday...10 times... today....

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 18 of 52 (346 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Nov 16, 2013
This new Uncharted WILL star Nathan Drake. Speculation is fun but come on, uncharted isn't uncharted without Drake.
Message 19 of 52 (334 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Nov 16, 2013
The more I watch the "teaser" trailer (I've watched it about 10 times now) I get a stronger feeling it's going to be about sir Francis drake (at least to some degree). I'd love for drake and the gang to be back of course.
Message 20 of 52 (330 Views)
0 Likes