Re: Uncharted PS4 release date

Dec 1, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

They should use that date. The PS4 line up is grim

No! 

Drive Club

Infamous

Watch Dogs

Are all being released during that time period it would be silly to put UC out  during that time period considering MS is releasing Halo 5 fall of 2014. UC4 will obviously be their biggest 2014 release.

Message 12 of 24 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Dec 2, 2013

I probably won't buy a PS4 until Uncharted 4 comes out.  Or TLOU 2 Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 24 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Dec 2, 2013

Interesting.

It’d be awesome if the release is that soon and while fun, I’m not going to expend too much energy speculating…hopefully, in a little less than a week, we’ll have a better idea. Smiley Happy

As far as the dev kits, there’s plenty that ND could/should have been doing that’s mostly platform independent - graphics, design and planning to name a few.  Design and planning are very time consuming but when done well, coding is comparatively fast.  I don’t know that much about the dev environment for the PS4 (I seem to recall that it's supposed to be a little more developer friendly than the PS3) but I imagine even some of the coding could already have started.

As a software tester myself and a huge fan of the Uncharted franchise, I just hope that ND doesn’t skimp on the testing cycle!

So, I’m cautiously optimistic that we’ll get the next Uncharted next year…sometime between April Fool’s day (seems too coincidental to me) and later in the year and hope that the Best Buy date is a ridiculous placeholder date.

Message 14 of 24 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Dec 3, 2013

I'm also hoping for a November 2014 launch, rather than November 2015!

These exclusive franchises are very important for Sony; I'm sure I'm just one of many who will wait until the latest iteration of their favorite franchise is released until upgrading to a PS4. Could have pre-ordered for launch, or could pick one up at any time, but ultimately there's no point until there are games available that interest you. Once that big title draws you in, they can make plenty more money from you from other games that don't justify a console purchase, but are worth a play.

For me it will either be Uncharted 4 or the full MGS 5 (not the extended demo thing), whichever comes sooner.

Message 15 of 24 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4839 posts

Dec 3, 2013

Maybe this is what Sony was talking about when they said developement time is significantly lower than on the PS3. I hope this is true!

Message 16 of 24 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Dec 4, 2013

Everything I’ve read and heard indicates that developing games is easier on the PS4 (versus previous Sony consoles).  From my experience in development though, software design and planning (when done well) are the most time-consuming (as opposed to coding) – which leads me to believe that we’ll get games of similar quality sooner and better games in about the same amount of time (depending on which route each studio takes for each game)…the difference being in whether the time gained by a better/easier development environment is “spent” on releasing games sooner or improving design and quality.  In my book, its positive news no matter how you slice it.

Also encouraging is news that Sony is reportedly being very helpful to indie developers (more so than Microsoft).

Bottom line is that we should get much more game variety (in terms of both quantity AND quality) than in the past and likely better than XBOX.

Message 17 of 24 (290 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Dec 4, 2013
Message 18 of 24 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Dec 4, 2013

uk_stuvy wrote:

http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/ps4/PS4UN00-uncharted-4

Show released date of May 2014

I wouldn't count on it. That's just a placeholder.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 24 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

I probably won't buy a PS4 until Uncharted 4 comes out.  Or TLOU 2 Smiley Very Happy

I'm thinking the same thing....The Uncharted series has literrally been about all I've played on the PS3...

I won't buy a PS4 until the U4 release date nears....Or until my PS3 dies...whichever comes first Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 24 (259 Views)
0 Likes