Jun 25 2013
By: SANS__ Lombax Warrior 201 posts

Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

[ Edited ]
128 replies 2056 views Edited Jun 25, 2013

Which do you prefer and why? The Last of Us Multiplayer has got me even more excited for Uncharted 4 Multiplayer because it proves ND can be unique again! I want something that actually fits the Uncharted Universe more than Classic COD Deathmatch :3

Message 1 of 129 (2,056 Views)
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Re: Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

At this point I switch between:

TLoU = quest for platinum.

U3 = still my main/favorite multiplayer.

Message 2 of 129 (2,050 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Naughty Paw
11910 posts

Jun 25, 2013

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 3 of 129 (2,043 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Both, dude. Not the same genre, not the same series. The only way they're even similar is developer.

If I feel like I want to take it slow, TLOU. If I want to own yet another match with the most underdog of loadouts, UC3.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 129 (2,033 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Uncharted 3, almost every problem in UC3 MP is in TLOU MP, plus some new ones.

My biggest issue, for a "Stealth" based game, is that there's too many forms of SA, a radar, Listen Mode, marking enemies... And no way to avoid them unless you don't move at all for the entire match. One match, on Lakeside, I noticed most of the opposing team were on the right side of the map when I spawned, so I went left to get behind them, I slowly crawled up to a guy shooting at a team mate, but before I could do **bleep**, he dashed forward, turned around and hit me with the Bow twice at close range, on UC3, it would have been an easy Oh Snap. On that note, you can't stealth kill someone unless you have a Shiv, so it doesn't feel anything like the single player.

This "tactical" MP has only one really useful tactic, group up with your team near a supply box then camp there the entire match.

ND also took no risks by adding only Deathmatch and Elimination modes, just because people complained about the problems in Objective and Co-op modes in UC3, it didn't mean they wanted them removed. And if ND makes them DLC later on, the player pools will suck.
Pepsi
Message 5 of 129 (2,020 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Both are great on their own merits but UC3 would get my vote in the end.

UC3 offers mindless fun, while TLOU makes you think before you act.

Also as someone said alot of UC3 problems & bugs makes a return but they don't ruin the experience as much I personally don't think the amount of SA perks really can affect the outcome of a game since they can't be overused.

ND did well with making TLOU almost balanced but they have already sorta messed up with their last live update by assisting people with crappy connections, still wish their was an objective mode included but i'll give them the benefit of the doubt that more modes are in the works.

Message 6 of 129 (2,013 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Ugh they did that again? Another lagfest all over again. TLoU is too slow for me. I don't like camping. I like being on the move and running around the map. I can be stealthy at times, but nothing beats getting a bunch of kills all at once while you jump around barely escaping death as you do it.

Haven't played much of the SP of TLoU but I like it so far. I don't think I would play a lot of TLoU MP even if UC3 didn't exist tho. So it's not a fair comparison lol.
Message 7 of 129 (1,979 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 25, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
Ugh they did that again? Another lagfest all over again. TLoU is too slow for me. I don't like camping. I like being on the move and running around the map. I can be stealthy at times, but nothing beats getting a bunch of kills all at once while you jump around barely escaping death as you do it.

Haven't played much of the SP of TLoU but I like it so far. I don't think I would play a lot of TLoU MP even if UC3 didn't exist tho. So it's not a fair comparison lol.

Yes they are spoon feeding the 3G connection players once again.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/new-version-1-00-061-is-now-live/m...

TLOU isn't really a camping game you actually always have to be on the move 95% of the time, you just can't sprint around the map like Rambo. I actually think you would enjoy Supply & Raid if played with the right people.

But overall you're really not missing much contrary to people hyping the MP to the edge of the Universe as the best thing ever. 

Message 8 of 129 (1,960 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

That El Paso ad killed me... @AkYemeni ^-^

Bang Bang!

Message 9 of 129 (1,948 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jun 25, 2013

IMO opinion it's like... Why did they even bother with The Last of Us?

I've seen gameplay and for some reason half of it reminds me of that show called Revolution.

Anyway, Tomb Raider had been in production for years and I'm sure that Naughty Dog had heard this and knew that it was being made by Square Enix, a company known for its amazing campaigns and stories. Instead of playing with this new toy known as Uncharted 2 and then getting over it and giving it to someone else known as Uncharted 3, they should have thought, "Ok, Square Enix, a company which has great campaigns is making Tomb Raider, a game with a fantabulous story which is known by everyone! Let's make a good game instead of scraping the bottle of the barrel!"

I mean while I didn't mind the Uncharted 3 singleplayer, it didn't give me that satisfaction I usually get when I finish a game. It was the feeling like, 'I finished it. Finally.' Honestly I would move over to Tomb Raider's multiplayer if I knew some more people who played it a lot. Anyway from a few of my friends, I've heard that they enjoyed TLOU but then when they tried Tomb Raider, they just didn't want to even touch TLOU again. THIS is what Naughty Dog needs to strive for.

So long story short, make your games better than better like Square Enix and put lots of thought into a game.

inb4, I know. I hate myself for posting this but what can you do, it's true on some if not most levels.

Bang Bang!

Message 10 of 129 (1,944 Views)
0 Likes