Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

Jun 25, 2013

I honestly prefer UC3. Despite all its problems UC3 seems more smooth and alot more fun to me. TLOU is slow paced and doesn't allow me to play with risk.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 129 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13217 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Honestly.

While playing Uncharted 3, I feel like I have total freedom to play however I want to play.

With TLOU

I feel as if I'm being forced to crawl around very slowly, I have zero participation in how I want to play.

That isn't to say I can't play it, I do quite well, better than I do in Uncharted actually...

But is it fun? To me the lack of freedom isn't fun, Uncharted giving me options to be stealthy, go run around, or do whatever I want is absolutely perfect.

At this stage though we just need Uncharted 4.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 129 (398 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 25, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

IMO opinion it's like... Why did they even bother with The Last of Us?

I've seen gameplay and for some reason half of it reminds me of that show called Revolution.

Anyway, Tomb Raider had been in production for years and I'm sure that Naughty Dog had heard this and knew that it was being made by Square Enix, a company known for its amazing campaigns and stories. Instead of playing with this new toy known as Uncharted 2 and then getting over it and giving it to someone else known as Uncharted 3, they should have thought, "Ok, Square Enix, a company which has great campaigns is making Tomb Raider, a game with a fantabulous story which is known by everyone! Let's make a good game instead of scraping the bottle of the barrel!"

I mean while I didn't mind the Uncharted 3 singleplayer, it didn't give me that satisfaction I usually get when I finish a game. It was the feeling like, 'I finished it. Finally.' Honestly I would move over to Tomb Raider's multiplayer if I knew some more people who played it a lot. Anyway from a few of my friends, I've heard that they enjoyed TLOU but then when they tried Tomb Raider, they just didn't want to even touch TLOU again. THIS is what Naughty Dog needs to strive for.

So long story short, make your games better than better like Square Enix and put lots of thought into a game.

inb4, I know. I hate myself for posting this but what can you do, it's true on some if not most levels.

Correct me if i'm wrong but are your friends referring to the Tomb Raider MP as the reason for not wanting to play TLOU again?? Because that MP is garbage.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 129 (391 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
219 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

Uncharted 3 for me.

I didn't like TLOU's MP. It's too slow paced for my tastes and I hate playing as lifeless, generic characters with NO personalites whatsoever. It's boring. The meta game they force on you is terrible too with no explanation as to what things do or how it plays out. It's awful and there's no way to disable it. I don't care for my "clan" or "villagers".

UC3 has a variety of playlists that keeps things interesting for me instead of two Elimination/Elimination hybrid TDM variants found in TLOU.

I'd honestly rather have everyone running around like headless chickens and climbing stuff, than to have people crouching slowly throughout the map and staying in little packs any day of the week.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 129 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Jun 25, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

IMO opinion it's like... Why did they even bother with The Last of Us?

I've seen gameplay and for some reason half of it reminds me of that show called Revolution.

Anyway, Tomb Raider had been in production for years and I'm sure that Naughty Dog had heard this and knew that it was being made by Square Enix, a company known for its amazing campaigns and stories. Instead of playing with this new toy known as Uncharted 2 and then getting over it and giving it to someone else known as Uncharted 3, they should have thought, "Ok, Square Enix, a company which has great campaigns is making Tomb Raider, a game with a fantabulous story which is known by everyone! Let's make a good game instead of scraping the bottle of the barrel!"

I mean while I didn't mind the Uncharted 3 singleplayer, it didn't give me that satisfaction I usually get when I finish a game. It was the feeling like, 'I finished it. Finally.' Honestly I would move over to Tomb Raider's multiplayer if I knew some more people who played it a lot. Anyway from a few of my friends, I've heard that they enjoyed TLOU but then when they tried Tomb Raider, they just didn't want to even touch TLOU again. THIS is what Naughty Dog needs to strive for.

So long story short, make your games better than better like Square Enix and put lots of thought into a game.

inb4, I know. I hate myself for posting this but what can you do, it's true on some if not most levels.

I've replayed TLOU's campaign four times, while Tomb Raider is just lying in there.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 129 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8052 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Playing TLOU with friends > Playing UC3 with friends

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 129 (352 Views)
Gaming Beast
1982 posts

Jun 25, 2013
I don't care. The lack of good players in u3 make the game so boring and I don't like it like that.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 129 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Jun 25, 2013
For me right now its tlou multiplayer becuase its different compared to other multiplayers becuase in other games its usually all about running and gunning which is fun but in tlou theres a nice change were you have to be more tactical and play with a more calmer aproach to the game
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 129 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4171 posts

Jun 25, 2013

UC3 when I'm just braindead and don't wanna think about how I play.

TLoU if I have a good group of friends to play with that COMMUNICATE. Communication is key in TLoU MP.

Proud Member of [FnxX} & DeFy. @UMG_Hybrid
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 129 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Jun 25, 2013
The last of us no doubt about it! better graphics,no lag, better controls, animations, no "kill streakes" cough cough kickbacks. You need to work as a team unlike uncharted were your a one man army. Just like call of duty.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 129 (322 Views)
0 Likes