Keyblade Wielder
7092 posts

Re: Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

Jun 25, 2013

Well TLOU MP rewards skill a lot more rather than who has the most OP loadout. And you can find very interesting ways to place and it gets hectic at times. To the people complaining about it being boring to crawl the whole round, you're playing it wrong lol since I can move around the map decently without the use of listen mode or the stealth booster. It also feels a lot more rewarding to kill 2+ guys in TLOU then it is to kill 10+ guys in UC3.

In UC3 MP it is fun still to play with friends and...well the broken mechanics still show heavily in the game and I'm still gonna be playing it, but I feel my gaming time will be drastically reduced thanks to TLOU MP. I feel like TLOU MP corrected the big problem in UC3 and that was balance and that I can equip whatever I want and if utilized correctly, can do great in MP whereas in the UC3 MP you gotta struggle to do good with your personal loadout against OP ones.

And did someone really say the TR MP was good? LOLOLOLOLOL I'm sorry I can't believe that...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 21 of 129 (495 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jun 25, 2013
My friend just gave me his copy of TLoU. To do online do I gotta buy a pass or something?
Message 22 of 129 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 25, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
My friend just gave me his copy of TLoU. To do online do I gotta buy a pass or something?

Only if he activated the online pass so check with him.

Message 23 of 129 (468 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Well we played it online at his house so I'm sure he did. But if the pass is like $10, that's not a bad price to pay for TLoU lol.
Message 24 of 129 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 25, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
Well we played it online at his house so I'm sure he did. But if the pass is like $10, that's not a bad price to pay for TLoU lol.

yup $10, give it a try then. You might actually like it & end up leaving UC3 lol.

Message 25 of 129 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

IMO opinion it's like... Why did they even bother with The Last of Us?

I've seen gameplay and for some reason half of it reminds me of that show called Revolution.

Anyway, Tomb Raider had been in production for years and I'm sure that Naughty Dog had heard this and knew that it was being made by Square Enix, a company known for its amazing campaigns and stories. Instead of playing with this new toy known as Uncharted 2 and then getting over it and giving it to someone else known as Uncharted 3, they should have thought, "Ok, Square Enix, a company which has great campaigns is making Tomb Raider, a game with a fantabulous story which is known by everyone! Let's make a good game instead of scraping the bottle of the barrel!"

I mean while I didn't mind the Uncharted 3 singleplayer, it didn't give me that satisfaction I usually get when I finish a game. It was the feeling like, 'I finished it. Finally.' Honestly I would move over to Tomb Raider's multiplayer if I knew some more people who played it a lot. Anyway from a few of my friends, I've heard that they enjoyed TLOU but then when they tried Tomb Raider, they just didn't want to even touch TLOU again. THIS is what Naughty Dog needs to strive for.

So long story short, make your games better than better like Square Enix and put lots of thought into a game.

inb4, I know. I hate myself for posting this but what can you do, it's true on some if not most levels.

Correct me if i'm wrong but are your friends referring to the Tomb Raider MP as the reason for not wanting to play TLOU again?? Because that MP is garbage.

The Multiplayer and the Campaign. I'm not sure how TLOU is set out but they enjoyed Lara Croft, and I quote, "I loved how you could climb around and not worrying about some infected dumbarse throwing himself at you and honestly I enjoyed those 8 challenge tombs more than most of TLOU."

While I admit that the TR MP has a lot to work on, it's a lot more creative than Uncharted when it comes to setting the traps and using them to your advantage so you can escape an enemy and all. Also, no blindfire. That won my heart straight off the bat. Maybe it's just the countries.

For example, Japan enjoys octopuses and school girls together whereas the rest of the world looks at them like O_o

Americans love that gore and zombies and war and all that from what I can tell and as for us here in Australia, we're more into the adventure/puzzle shooters like Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Portal and Assassin's Creed. Yeah I know, AC has next to no puzzles or shooters but some people do still play it here.

Anyway, you Americans obviously love TLOU and that's your opinion but us here in Australia have just about shrugged it off. Most of my friends are back to Uncharted or Tomb Raider. I'll be honest, Tomb Raider made me cry a few times when some of the main characters died. Uncharted 3 just... nothing. The multiplayer saved Uncharted 3 IMO.

Bang Bang!

Message 26 of 129 (455 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jun 26, 2013
U3 is more unique IMO.
Message 27 of 129 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I'm not sure how your friends were playing if they're worried that some infected would rush at them. Are they taking the obvious way or something?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 28 of 129 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 26, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

IMO opinion it's like... Why did they even bother with The Last of Us?

I've seen gameplay and for some reason half of it reminds me of that show called Revolution.

Anyway, Tomb Raider had been in production for years and I'm sure that Naughty Dog had heard this and knew that it was being made by Square Enix, a company known for its amazing campaigns and stories. Instead of playing with this new toy known as Uncharted 2 and then getting over it and giving it to someone else known as Uncharted 3, they should have thought, "Ok, Square Enix, a company which has great campaigns is making Tomb Raider, a game with a fantabulous story which is known by everyone! Let's make a good game instead of scraping the bottle of the barrel!"

I mean while I didn't mind the Uncharted 3 singleplayer, it didn't give me that satisfaction I usually get when I finish a game. It was the feeling like, 'I finished it. Finally.' Honestly I would move over to Tomb Raider's multiplayer if I knew some more people who played it a lot. Anyway from a few of my friends, I've heard that they enjoyed TLOU but then when they tried Tomb Raider, they just didn't want to even touch TLOU again. THIS is what Naughty Dog needs to strive for.

So long story short, make your games better than better like Square Enix and put lots of thought into a game.

inb4, I know. I hate myself for posting this but what can you do, it's true on some if not most levels.

Correct me if i'm wrong but are your friends referring to the Tomb Raider MP as the reason for not wanting to play TLOU again?? Because that MP is garbage.

The Multiplayer and the Campaign. I'm not sure how TLOU is set out but they enjoyed Lara Croft, and I quote, "I loved how you could climb around and not worrying about some infected dumbarse throwing himself at you and honestly I enjoyed those 8 challenge tombs more than most of TLOU."

While I admit that the TR MP has a lot to work on, it's a lot more creative than Uncharted when it comes to setting the traps and using them to your advantage so you can escape an enemy and all. Also, no blindfire. That won my heart straight off the bat. Maybe it's just the countries.

For example, Japan enjoys octopuses and school girls together whereas the rest of the world looks at them like O_o

Americans love that gore and zombies and war and all that from what I can tell and as for us here in Australia, we're more into the adventure/puzzle shooters like Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Portal and Assassin's Creed. Yeah I know, AC has next to no puzzles or shooters but some people do still play it here.

Anyway, you Americans obviously love TLOU and that's your opinion but us here in Australia have just about shrugged it off. Most of my friends are back to Uncharted or Tomb Raider. I'll be honest, Tomb Raider made me cry a few times when some of the main characters died. Uncharted 3 just... nothing. The multiplayer saved Uncharted 3 IMO.

I actually love the single player portion of Tomb Raider but the Multiplayer is a train wreck, i'm not sure if they patched it up but it was complete garbage a few months ago.

Message 29 of 129 (426 Views)
Survivor
2203 posts

Jun 26, 2013

*Max Payne 3 is released, is claimed to kill Uncharted 3*

*People come back to Uncharted 3*

*Tomb Raider is released, is claimed to kill Uncharted 3*

*People come back to Uncharted 3*

*The Last Of Us is released, is claimed to kill Uncharted 3*

Anyone else see a pattern here?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 30 of 129 (413 Views)