Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Re: Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

Jun 28, 2013
I'm not saying it wasn't well written. And, I'm into the theme of the story. The actual gameplay is too repetitive in my opinion. I know my opinion on the SP isn't a very popular opinion, but it's the truth. I have enjoyed certain parts of the SP. But as a whole, I am spending the majority of the time sneaking around in listen mode and/or tracing every foot of the map for little odds and ends.

I'm playing on hard, so it's relatively challenging at times. But the gameplay just feels a little restrictive to me.
Message 51 of 129 (6,691 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6076 posts

Jun 28, 2013

^have you played UC3, UC2, UC , and the crash games as they are pretty linear, the Jak games actually had a pretty open-world. But tracing around every foot of the map and using listen mode is completely optional, the point of the encounters is that every one feels different and you can approach all of them in a variety of ways, I know I have... Besides the main selling point is the story anyways, not the gameplay IMO.

photo Sniper.png
Message 52 of 129 (6,688 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6076 posts

Jun 28, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

nationm04 wrote:
I know this is about MP vs MP, but I'm not even digging the SP.

And this is why I'm worried about Uncharted 4...

Why? 

I think ND has everything in place to make UC4 Really amazing.

Considering both U3 and TLOU's singleplayers aren't the best, I'm worried what Uncharted 4 will be like.

lol it is amazing...it's being seen as the must own game for a ps3, and is obviously an already GOTY contender based on it's SP alone.

Be that as it may, I found Uncharted 2's singleplayer more entertaining and so did a lot of other people. The main thing that made this game a main hit was the multiplayer. At the time it was one of the only and most successful third person adventure shooter.

You know I meant TLOU right...not UC3.

photo Sniper.png
Message 53 of 129 (6,687 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jun 28, 2013
Well I played on hard. And therefore, I had to approach pretty much every encounter with listen mode. And couldn't skimp out on my searching for parts. When a ton of clickers come at you on hard, you need to set traps, have a good long/short gun ready and have a melee weapon.

Some parts you just have to sneak up on them or you're dead anyway.
Message 54 of 129 (6,678 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6076 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Have you played survivor? In that mode you don't have listen mode, and have very little supplies, meaning you gotta approach each encounter with what you have.

photo Sniper.png
Message 55 of 129 (6,668 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jun 28, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

nationm04 wrote:
I know this is about MP vs MP, but I'm not even digging the SP.

And this is why I'm worried about Uncharted 4...

Why? 

I think ND has everything in place to make UC4 Really amazing.

ND will make sure that the Single Player will be amazing, UC2, UC3 and TLOU all have great single player's.

Sheldon Cooper No.gif

I knew someone would say something about that, Honestly, is the Single Player that bad?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 56 of 129 (6,663 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9314 posts

Jun 28, 2013
No it isn't.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 57 of 129 (6,659 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13610 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

Uncharted 3's SP is terrible.... That said though if it was the SP for any other series it wouldn't even be bad. it's the huge high standards set by Uncharted 1 and 2.

TLOU does actually make the same faults in some areas.

Play as Ellie. chase deer endlessly... It's just as bad as the storm in Uncharted 3.

C'mon. I don't want to chase a deer. I want to progress in the game.

Aside from that though the story doesn't derail itself like Uncharted 3 does... But I guess it's a little too human for my tastes... I prefer something that is pretty unrealistic like Uncharted plotlines usually are a little far fetched.

The only thing that feels unreal in TLOU is the infected, the rest of the game is a bit too real.

Uncharted 2 isn't faultless.. it does make you climb a train in the snow twice...

Message 58 of 129 (6,655 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Uncharted 3's SP is terrible.... That said though if it was the SP for any other series it wouldn't even be bad. it's the huge high standards set by Uncharted 1 and 2.

Play as Ellie. chase deer endlessly... It's just as bad as the storm in Uncharted 3.

Aside from that though the story doesn't derail itself like Uncharted 3 does... But I guess it's a little too human for my tastes... I prefer something that is pretty unrealistic like Uncharted plotlines usually are a little far fetched.

The only thing that feels unreal in TLOU is the infected, the rest of the game is a bit too real.

Uncharted 2 isn't faultless.. it does make you climb a train in the snow twice...

Uncharted 3's single player may not be as good as Uncharted 2 but people talk about it like it was so horrible it destroyed the franchise.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 59 of 129 (6,651 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13610 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Uncharted 3's single player may not be as good as Uncharted 2 but people talk about it like it was so horrible it destroyed the franchise.

Heh. The second half of that game destroyed the plot. I guess I'll give it one plus here.

Due to the plot being utterly destroyed we now need Uncharted 4.

Message 60 of 129 (6,649 Views)