Reply
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Offline
2178 posts
 

Re: Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

Jun 28, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Uncharted 3's SP is terrible.... That said though if it was the SP for any other series it wouldn't even be bad. it's the huge high standards set by Uncharted 1 and 2.

 

TLOU does actually make the same faults in some areas.

 

Play as Ellie. chase deer endlessly... It's just as bad as the storm in Uncharted 3.

 

C'mon. I don't want to chase a deer. I want to progress in the game.

 

Aside from that though the story doesn't derail itself like Uncharted 3 does... But I guess it's a little too human for my tastes... I prefer something that is pretty unrealistic like Uncharted plotlines usually are a little far fetched.

 

The only thing that feels unreal in TLOU is the infected, the rest of the game is a bit too real.

 

Uncharted 2 isn't faultless.. it does make you climb a train in the snow twice...


Uncharted 3's single player may not be as good as Uncharted 2 but people talk about it like it was so horrible it destroyed the franchise.


Heh. The second half of that game destroyed the plot. I guess I'll give it one plus here.

 

Due to the plot being utterly destroyed we now need Uncharted 4.


Thats fine with me, Im not complaining about an Uncharted 4.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 61 of 129 (356 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
1419 posts
 

Re: Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

Jun 28, 2013

Was there really ever a plot to UC3?? lol

 

I do agree after Syria the entire story was thrown out the window as if the 1st 10 chapters didn't happen but I didn't care the game was still fun to play & that's what really matters.

Message 62 of 129 (351 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
13851 posts
 

Re: Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

Jun 28, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Was there really ever a plot to UC3?? lol

 

I do agree after Syria the entire story was thrown out the window as if the 1st 10 chapters didn't happen but I didn't care the game was still fun to play & that's what really matters.


Hm. I got to a point where I was heading towards some place of wealth.. Then Drake's name would be revealed, Sully got kidnapped and... Drake got shot by some darts.

 

The game fell apart directly at the pirate ship point of the game, thats when the story started shifting away from what it was supposed to be.

 

or maybe the game was supposed to be the second half... I don't know...



Message 63 of 129 (347 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/22/2013
Offline
1099 posts
 

Re: Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

Jun 28, 2013
Well, ND did admit that the game wasn't created around a plot. The plot/story was created around the games design. There were certain things ND wanted to achieve in the design of the game. Certain animation type things..I'm sure there's a more appropriate term to use.

So when judging the SP of UC3, it'd be more fair to judge the overall gameplay and quality of animation as that's what they focused on.
Message 64 of 129 (341 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
13851 posts
 

Re: Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

Jun 29, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
Well, ND did admit that the game wasn't created around a plot. The plot/story was created around the games design. There were certain things ND wanted to achieve in the design of the game. Certain animation type things..I'm sure there's a more appropriate term to use.

So when judging the SP of UC3, it'd be more fair to judge the overall gameplay and quality of animation as that's what they focused on.

Can't I judge the horrible mistake they made in not going for story over gameplay?

 

They are both equally important. A game with good gameplay is playable, a game with a bad story isn't a good game.

 

I'm beating a dead horse with my example here, Resident Evil 4 is the example I'm going to use. Great gameplay, story is not a Resident Evil story. It's just.. Mmkay I can play this but it makes little to no sense.

 

I could also compare it to Rocky 5 I guess. Every entry in the series was excellent, then came Rocky 5. Great action movie, the script was all over the place compared to the others. Sure I understood why. But it wasn't the same feeling. It just wasn't Rocky.

 

Just like Uncharted 3 didn't feel like Uncharted and Resident Evil 4 didn't feel like Resident Evil.



Message 65 of 129 (307 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/01/2013
Offline
1419 posts
 

Re: Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

nationm04 wrote:
Well, ND did admit that the game wasn't created around a plot. The plot/story was created around the games design. There were certain things ND wanted to achieve in the design of the game. Certain animation type things..I'm sure there's a more appropriate term to use.

So when judging the SP of UC3, it'd be more fair to judge the overall gameplay and quality of animation as that's what they focused on.

Can't I judge the horrible mistake they made in not going for story over gameplay?

 

They are both equally important. A game with good gameplay is playable, a game with a bad story isn't a good game.

 

I'm beating a dead horse with my example here, Resident Evil 4 is the example I'm going to use. Great gameplay, story is not a Resident Evil story. It's just.. Mmkay I can play this but it makes little to no sense.

 

I could also compare it to Rocky 5 I guess. Every entry in the series was excellent, then came Rocky 5. Great action movie, the script was all over the place compared to the others. Sure I understood why. But it wasn't the same feeling. It just wasn't Rocky.

 

Just like Uncharted 3 didn't feel like Uncharted and Resident Evil 4 didn't feel like Resident Evil.


I understand what you're trying to say but I mean come on UC3 didn't feel like Uncharted?. UC3 is a replica of UC2, I wouldn't say the story is bad because it isn't, it's how it's told leaving the gamer to make their own interpretation of certain events. It's called Drake's Deception for a reason. I think UC3 opened the door for a great story to be told in UC4.

Message 66 of 129 (296 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/21/2009
Offline
356 posts
 

Re: Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

Jun 29, 2013

Im liking TLOU MP alot better than UC3 MP. I actually ended up getting rid of UC3 but im keeping 1-2.

Message 67 of 129 (271 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 04/22/2013
Offline
1099 posts
 

Re: Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

Jun 29, 2013
@Aur

You can judge UC3 however you want, but, it would be similar to you telling me you didn't like the movie I made bc it wasn't scary. When all along, it was meant to be funny, not scary.

It felt like UC to me bc it had the same story line as the other 2 UC's.

Look, we're not even disagreeing here. I feel like we're both just trying to clarify our points even tho we aren't completely opposing each others ideas.

And honestly, once we buy the game, our review is pointless. If anyone went out and bought UC3 at any point, then according to them, the game is a success and worth buying. Every time someone bought UC3, which was a lot of times and still happens frequently, that's a +1 for UC3 in ND's eyes. We can talk all we want about UC3's problems and flaws, but at this point, if we're still talking about UC3 at all, that means a couple things. That this game had an impact, and that ND is getting our $60 the day UC4 is released (assuming it will be).

You're making this really difficult. How do you argue with a guy whos watched the entire Rocky collection? Haha.
Message 68 of 129 (270 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/07/2013
Offline
109 posts
 

Re: Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

Jun 29, 2013

only noobs who suck at uncharted play tlou its all about two teams both camping with SA and two modes , uncharted for me is the best and its has been and it will always be my favorite game

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/leviosacho/media/6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg.html
Message 69 of 129 (269 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
13851 posts
 

Re: Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

Jun 29, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
@Aur

You can judge UC3 however you want, but, it would be similar to you telling me you didn't like the movie I made bc it wasn't scary. When all along, it was meant to be funny, not scary.

It felt like UC to me bc it had the same story line as the other 2 UC's.

Look, we're not even disagreeing here. I feel like we're both just trying to clarify our points even tho we aren't completely opposing each others ideas.

And honestly, once we buy the game, our review is pointless. If anyone went out and bought UC3 at any point, then according to them, the game is a success and worth buying. Every time someone bought UC3, which was a lot of times and still happens frequently, that's a +1 for UC3 in ND's eyes. We can talk all we want about UC3's problems and flaws, but at this point, if we're still talking about UC3 at all, that means a couple things. That this game had an impact, and that ND is getting our $60 the day UC4 is released (assuming it will be).

You're making this really difficult. How do you argue with a guy whos watched the entire Rocky collection? Haha.

I've watched the Rocky collection too Smiley Tongue A lot

 

Oh Yeah Uncharted 3 had an impact. A slightly positive and negative one.

 

Sure.. The gameplay is Uncharted, it's still a fun game to play and I'm not saying I couldn't switch it on and play it for fun.

 

The last hour or so became about locating Sully and stopping Marlowe..

I wanted to know what Drake's real name is... I still can't believe they left that out..

 

Eh.. Maybe it was intentional I don't know. but I was waiting for it and never got it.... Heh maybe thats Uncharted 4..

 

Uncharted 4: Drake's Secret

 

However I wanted to see Drake go in search of that mass of wealth. instead he finds some water.  Like Rocky 5. You want to see Rocky fight for most of the movie, but instead some tool does most the fighting until the end.

 

They are both still good. but not as good as before.

 

If Uncharted 3 was a bad game. I would have traded it like I traded TLOU. It's just got a bad plot that has so many holes it needs filling.

 

Could do with a patch to edit out the sand scene too.. Then again Uncharted 2 could do with a patch to edit out that long Train climb.. that hppens... twice...

 

at least Uncharted 3 isn't alone on that one.



Message 70 of 129 (262 Views)