Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Re: Uncharted or The Last of Us Multiplayer?

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

nationm04 wrote:
@Aur

You can judge UC3 however you want, but, it would be similar to you telling me you didn't like the movie I made bc it wasn't scary. When all along, it was meant to be funny, not scary.

It felt like UC to me bc it had the same story line as the other 2 UC's.

Look, we're not even disagreeing here. I feel like we're both just trying to clarify our points even tho we aren't completely opposing each others ideas.

And honestly, once we buy the game, our review is pointless. If anyone went out and bought UC3 at any point, then according to them, the game is a success and worth buying. Every time someone bought UC3, which was a lot of times and still happens frequently, that's a +1 for UC3 in ND's eyes. We can talk all we want about UC3's problems and flaws, but at this point, if we're still talking about UC3 at all, that means a couple things. That this game had an impact, and that ND is getting our $60 the day UC4 is released (assuming it will be).

You're making this really difficult. How do you argue with a guy whos watched the entire Rocky collection? Haha.

I've watched the Rocky collection too Smiley Tongue A lot

Oh Yeah Uncharted 3 had an impact. A slightly positive and negative one.

Sure.. The gameplay is Uncharted, it's still a fun game to play and I'm not saying I couldn't switch it on and play it for fun.

The last hour or so became about locating Sully and stopping Marlowe..

I wanted to know what Drake's real name is... I still can't believe they left that out..

Eh.. Maybe it was intentional I don't know. but I was waiting for it and never got it.... Heh maybe thats Uncharted 4..

Uncharted 4: Drake's Secret

However I wanted to see Drake go in search of that mass of wealth. instead he finds some water.  Like Rocky 5. You want to see Rocky fight for most of the movie, but instead some tool does most the fighting until the end.

They are both still good. but not as good as before.

If Uncharted 3 was a bad game. I would have traded it like I traded TLOU. It's just got a bad plot that has so many holes it needs filling.

Could do with a patch to edit out the sand scene too.. Then again Uncharted 2 could do with a patch to edit out that long Train climb.. that hppens... twice...

at least Uncharted 3 isn't alone on that one.

It would have been a mistake to reveal his real name, plus ND left it open for us to make our own interpretation maybe Marlowe was trying to get inside Drake's head since she's all about mind games or maybe she was right... Drake's reaction didn't imply she was right or wrong.

Overall I think UC3 is the most personal in the series & we saw alot of character development for both Drake & Sully.

His real name is certainly not Drake. or maybe it never used to be, there are plenty of ways they can spin it which would have been more interesting than the story we ended up with.

I agree, in Columbia when Sully saved Drake and asks Drake his name, he hesitates and then when asked a second time he looks almost like he's trying to think of an answer and just spits one out. Also, because he extensively knows a lot of this kind of history he could have just said that Francis Drake slept with some other woman but because he knows there's no evidence to support that, Sully is forced to just take his word. Perhaps this is what they meant by Drake's Deception? But then on top of that, that leads to more questions:

Why did he try to get the ring from the museum?

Why has he never told Sully his real identity?

Learning more about his backstory like what they did with Tomb Raider (yes, I refer a lot to Tomb Raider because it is a perfect example of a story) in Uncharted 4 would definitely get people addicted to the singleplayer and knowing me I'll cry because I'm that weak.

How and why did he end up in that orphanage?

Is the orphanage real or did he just make it up?

If he did make it up, how would he have learnt Latin?

Who are his real parents?

We still have a lot to learn about Drake and answering some personal questions in the next game will definitely get us hooked. Nothing better than a good puzzle! Smiley Happy

Oh yeah, puzzles. I. NEED. MOOOAR! Remember those old school Lara Croft's with puzzles which you HAD to solve with no hints? I loved those. Something about being stuck on a puzzle just makes the gameplay more enjoyable for me.

Bang Bang!

Message 81 of 129 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6695 posts

Jul 1, 2013

I doubt most people will be expecting TLOU in UC4. Most people (most...) are smart enough to seperate series' and not expect the same style of play from each one, even if made by the same developers... TLOU not your style, I can understand that, but overall TLOU did great, waaay better than UC3 by far, and in terms of polish, kinda better than UC2. I do agree that MP is defintely unknown in ND games, I know plenty of people who still to this day say "Uncharted has Multiplayer!!?"

The thing that made TLOU a hit was it's single player, it's multiplayer is great as well, but only caters to a certain gamer, as in not casuals. UC2 basically did this same thing. The problem lied with UC3, in which they slacked on the SP and tried to go for the aformentioned casual gamers with it's multiplayer...we know how that turned out.

ND is smart enough to not tie in TLOU and UC in any way. Other than a possible easter egg, they won't be tied in any way. TLOU was a huge success in that if they want to delve into ideas for it, they have that franchise to do it with. While they also still have Uncharted standing to use basically Sony's biggest mascot, Drake.

I honestly like how this turned out.

UC2 good success, well recieved multiplayer

UC3 lesser success, rather casual-friendly multiplayer and despised

TLOU great success, well recieved multiplayer

In other words, I see it as ND is learning rather slowly on what attracts gamers to their games. UC2 and TLOU being rather simple in design yet rather fun multiplayers along with both great SP & MP. ND did not put all their focus into the MP and focused on the SP mostly and both turned out great. Whereas UC3 was riding off of the UC2 hype and slacked in both departments.

TLOU is a good sign that ND learned from their UC3 mistakes...

Feet
Message 82 of 129 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 1, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I doubt most people will be expecting TLOU in UC4. Most people (most...) are smart enough to seperate series' and not expect the same style of play from each one, even if made by the same developers... TLOU not your style, I can understand that, but overall TLOU did great, waaay better than UC3 by far, and in terms of polish, kinda better than UC2. I do agree that MP is defintely unknown in ND games, I know plenty of people who still to this day say "Uncharted has Multiplayer!!?"

The thing that made TLOU a hit was it's single player, it's multiplayer is great as well, but only caters to a certain gamer, as in not casuals. UC2 basically did this same thing. The problem lied with UC3, in which they slacked on the SP and tried to go for the aformentioned casual gamers with it's multiplayer...we know how that turned out.

ND is smart enough to not tie in TLOU and UC in any way. Other than a possible easter egg, they won't be tied in any way. TLOU was a huge success in that if they want to delve into ideas for it, they have that franchise to do it with. While they also still have Uncharted standing to use basically Sony's biggest mascot, Drake.

In other words, I see it as ND is learning rather slowly on what attracts gamers to their games. UC2 and TLOU being rather simple in design yet rather fun multiplayers along with both great SP & MP. ND did not put all their focus into the MP and focused on the SP mostly and both turned out great. Whereas UC3 was riding off of the UC2 hype and slacked in both departments.

Not a lot, if not any people from the U3 team worked on TLOU I believe. I think that they made U3 while TLOU was in production and now they've been working on something or just helping with TLOU for the past 2 years.

Also, themes get stuck in your head; happens with everybody. Have you ever played a game and then possibly had to write a short story about one thing but then you end up writing about the game and end up putting it all together to make it into the same thing? I won't say that they'll do this if the TLOU team also helps work on U4 but if they do, they have a good chance at making like TLOU if they write it.

Bang Bang!

Message 83 of 129 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6695 posts

Jul 1, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Not a lot, if not any people from the U3 team worked on TLOU I believe. I think that they made U3 while TLOU was in production and now they've been working on something or just helping with TLOU for the past 2 years.

Also, themes get stuck in your head; happens with everybody. Have you ever played a game and then possibly had to write a short story about one thing but then you end up writing about the game and end up putting it all together to make it into the same thing? I won't say that they'll do this if the TLOU team also helps work on U4 but if they do, they have a good chance at making like TLOU if they write it.

maybe the supernatural thing in UC4 (cursed, descendants, djinn) will be a cordycep monster from TLOU lol. But  I play a wide array of games and tend to mix them up in real life thoughts from time to time...butin the end it is rather simple to keep them seperate. ND has 2 franchises atm to work with, each with completely different worlds, moods, settings, tone, etc. So any ideas they may have can be funneled into the right tube, sort to speak.

Feet
Message 84 of 129 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jul 1, 2013
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that when they made UDF they didn't style it like Jak or Crash or whatever cartoony crap they had back then.

I'm sure that they know how to seperate their treasure hunter series from their post-apocalyptic game (not sure if it's a series).

For the record I think UC and TLOU did well. I'm just disappointed that there's not a lot of treasure hunting on the third part.
Nate himself implied that the main point of the whole race to Ubar is to beat Marlowe (probably as revenge from getting pimpslapped when he was a kid).
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 85 of 129 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that when they made UDF they didn't style it like Jak or Crash or whatever cartoony crap they had back then.

I'm sure that they know how to seperate their treasure hunter series from their post-apocalyptic game (not sure if it's a series).

For the record I think UC and TLOU did well. I'm just disappointed that there's not a lot of treasure hunting on the third part.
Nate himself implied that the main point of the whole race to Ubar is to beat Marlowe (probably as revenge from getting pimpslapped when he was a kid).

Or maybe Martha Stewart wouldn't give him some cupcakes and he has mistaken Marlowe for her. #StoleThatFromBadLipReading

Anyway, I don't mind supernatural. I mean not too much but just a bit makes you wonder, "How did it become like this?" as these kinds of games give you an answer to this supernaturality; if that's even a word. Like the zombies in U1, it was a curse. U2 with the fugly avatar creatures, mythical which turned out to be true blue resin.

I mean with U3, they just didn't give it much thought. They try to add real myths and history and tales to the games and try to make a plot out of it but they just didn't get a good one with Uncharted 3. I mean I know a lot of characters left for other things and that's why it was all over the place but that's why you change the script to try and make it relatable. I mean they went to trying to figure out this whole mystery to just racing Marlowe like it's a 100 metre dash.

After the disappointed reaction by many fans when they transitioned from U2 to U3, they have to make this one memorable if they want people to stay. Or they should at least make the multiplayer good, not have a million bugs, then make it worse, fix next to nothing and then still want money for their stuff-ups. And maybe some multiplayer admins who don't run around with a RoF or Blindfire KAL during every match and then purposely do nothing to the KAL just because it's their favourite gun.

Have admins who like all different kinds of guns then someone record them fighting. I'd pay 99 cents for that rather than some Ancient DLC in a desperate effort to rake in more money. How about some bug fixes, I'll pay $10 for that...

Bang Bang!

Message 86 of 129 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jul 1, 2013
Uncharted. I'm not a fan of TLoU multiplayer.

TLoU SP>UC SP

TLoU MP<UC MP
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 87 of 129 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10720 posts

Jul 1, 2013
TLOU SP>>>UC3 SP>UC2 SP>UCGA>>UDF

MGO>>>>>>TLOU MP>>>>UC3 MP>>UC2 MP

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 88 of 129 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Jul 1, 2013
they should have made tlou more like cod
Message 89 of 129 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6695 posts

Jul 1, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Well technically, in all 3 uncharteds there is some midway point in where Drake kinda gives up on the treasure hunting and moves his focus elsewhere. In UC1, he kinda gives up right away and tries to find a way off the island with Elena after Sully "dies" only to find out he is alive and they then try to find him to see what's going on, then he continues trasure hunting again only to find his idol failed at finding El Dorado himself and then realizes why nobody found it etc. etc. zombies.

In UC2 he gives up around the train sequence when he nearly dies, but Schafer shows him that cave with Tenzin and what the treasure has done to people. From then on he tries to stop the bad guys from using the treasure for evil stuff instead of actually looking for treasure.

In UC3 he gives up when Sully is captured, and tries for basically the 2nd half of the game to rescue him, and once he does save him, he is ready to call it quits, but Sully tells him they gotta stop the bad guys cuz of evil stuff, etc. etc.

Feet
Message 90 of 129 (229 Views)