Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
13523 posts

Re: Uncharted takes no skill

Nov 9, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Rockstar delivers on free aim. Problem is, free aim sucks on a console, as expected. It isn't a mouse, it's a huge trackball. Of course your aim is haywire.

I played GTA IV on a PC it works brilliantly there and people can handle it.

The problem is that Rockstar don't understand that console pads have deadzones and other multiple things to take into consideration, Free Aim shouldn't even be an option on consoles. They should have a slightly assisted mode. Not full on track your opponents everywhere mode. :smileyindifferent:

Both are bad ideas for consoles. Which ends up making GTA a bad online experience. It's okay for races and co-op though.

Message 21 of 46 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13523 posts

Nov 9, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

Killzone is a fantastic game series. And Shadow Fall looks to be the best thing on the "next gen". 1080p at 60fps and no aim assist. Smooth graphics and a skill based shooter... awesome! But it is completely different than Uncharted. Two polar opposites of the shooter genre that are great in their own ways. I like them both very much. I enjoyed KZ3 for a few months, but I've enjoyed U2 and U3 for about 4 years! Uncharted is the undisputed champion of "Fun Factor". I am actually better at some other first person titles, but Uncharted keeps me coming back. So many ways to get around the maps. So many ways to kill your opponents. And the characters have a great set of funny comments and exclamations. Sure it has issues, but so does EVERY other game online. In fact they all pretty much have the same issue overall.... LAG. So I stick with the one that is the most fun. Uncharted.

Now you say no aim assist...

Okay thats it. Buying Knack instead.

Message 22 of 46 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Nov 9, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Killzone will fail if it's true.

About 3% of the general population can play a console shooter without assistance.

It has assisted aiming the OP is simply a sucky troll.

But come on I think KZ Shadow Fall will finally get the sales KZ2 deserved. 

Yeah I was thinking it must be a lie.

Anyone who has seen Red Dead Redemption / Grand Theft Auto or Max Payne in Free Aim mode has probably noticed how you get constant matches with everyone missing almost all shots and it ends up looking like the most horrible game ever created.

If I found out it was true I'd simply get Knack instead. Plenty would simply just switch to other games.

I just researched there's actually no aim assist o.O 

Should be fun with LAG in a couple months after launch. But the game looks superb.

I'm not sold on Knack it looks so bland.

Message 23 of 46 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13523 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

About 3% of the general population can play a console shooter without assistance.

Anyone who has seen Red Dead Redemption / Grand Theft Auto or Max Payne in Free Aim mode has probably noticed how you get constant matches with everyone missing almost all shots and it ends up looking like the most horrible game ever created.

If I found out it was true I'd simply get Knack instead. Plenty would simply just switch to other games.

Should be fun with LAG in a couple months after launch. But the game looks superb.

I'm not buying something without aim assist on a console.

Awful idea. it will sell well but the players will flock to Battlefield and CoD very quickly.

Sadly Knack is the only alternative. There are only like 5 good games out there for PS4. I already ordered 4 of them and it seems Killzone by mistake. so thats 5.

Message 24 of 46 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Nov 9, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Awful idea. it will sell well but the players will flock to Battlefield and CoD very quickly.

Sadly Knack is the only alternative. There are only like 5 good games out there for PS4. I already ordered 4 of them and it seems Killzone by mistake. so thats 5.

Well I think you should try it out before you just write off.

But I understand the PS4 launch is really soft, that's why i'm waiting till next year to get one, there's not one game i'm excited for currently that's launching with it.

But you do get 2 awesome games with Plus :smileyhappy:

Message 25 of 46 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13523 posts

Nov 9, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

But I understand the PS4 launch is really soft, that's why i'm waiting till next year to get one, there's not one game i'm excited for currently that's launching with it.

Driveclub is next year.

O.o

Message 26 of 46 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Nov 9, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Driveclub is next year.

O.o

Good, I was never impressed with that game Evolution Studio is so much better than that I still think Drive Club will be a bust & fail miserably even though the PS4 is lacking racers. They need to go back & Play Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and get inspired again. Stop trying to compete with Forza they won't win.

Message 27 of 46 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Nov 9, 2013
Waiting for the crew, but I'm not getting a Ps4 early. Gotta wait for the enhanced version before I cash in.

Rockstar pvp sucks yeah, but I rarely do it. I see no reason to mow down other players if it's more fun to work with them and mow down Merryweather.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 28 of 46 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13523 posts

Nov 9, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Driveclub is next year.

O.o

Good, I was never impressed with that game Evolution Studio is so much better than that I still think Drive Club will be a bust & fail miserably even though the PS4 is lacking racers. They need to go back & Play Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and get inspired again. Stop trying to compete with Forza they won't win.

That was my main reason for buying a PS4. I have no faith in it now though, delay tells me it's broken.

Still can't think of any good free games. I heard some space flying game is free and contrast.

Don't really want either one. Indie's are usually cheap and nasty for a reason.

Message 29 of 46 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Nov 9, 2013
I think Gran Turismo is cool because I saw Nascar stuff or something.

I don't want to buy an actual Nascar game because 1) that's just embarrassing and 2) nobody wants to drive 50-200 laps just to win a stupid cup in a videogame.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 30 of 46 (181 Views)
0 Likes