Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Re: Update 1.17.008

Jul 6, 2013
You just haven't been able to understand my main points yet lol. Like I said earlier, it's one thing to vent on chat with friends between games, it's another to bring it to the forums again and again.

Umm.. If anyone has been playing this game since UC2, and complaining about the same issues the whole time, they're the ones with the biggest problems here lol. There are thousands of other games they could play. Or millions of other hobbies.

And I'm talking about the forums in general, not specifically this thread. Even when a newbie asks for advice, what does everyone do? They post sarcastic stuff like "don't aim no matter what" etc. The people staying positive on the forum are lacking more and more.

And here's the truth. While many of us fans/customers may claim the game is broken, we are also acting out that it isn't. We're doing that by still playing. Actions speak louder than words. Anyone who talks about how awful and broken it is, and then plays it again, cancels out their negative vote anyway.

Anyway, I'm not sure we're gonna agree at any point on this one lol. I'm just gonna let this thread die for me from this point on. Today is already Saturday. I'm almost done with all treasures from uc3 but still have a couple more to focus on.
Message 61 of 77 (329 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 6, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
You just haven't been able to understand my main points yet lol. Like I said earlier, it's one thing to vent on chat with friends between games, it's another to bring it to the forums again and again.

Umm.. If anyone has been playing this game since UC2, and complaining about the same issues the whole time, they're the ones with the biggest problems here lol. There are thousands of other games they could play. Or millions of other hobbies.

And I'm talking about the forums in general, not specifically this thread. Even when a newbie asks for advice, what does everyone do? They post sarcastic stuff like "don't aim no matter what" etc. The people staying positive on the forum are lacking more and more.

And here's the truth. While many of us fans/customers may claim the game is broken, we are also acting out that it isn't. We're doing that by still playing. Actions speak louder than words. Anyone who talks about how awful and broken it is, and then plays it again, cancels out their negative vote anyway.

Anyway, I'm not sure we're gonna agree at any point on this one lol. I'm just gonna let this thread die for me from this point on. Today is already Saturday. I'm almost done with all treasures from uc3 but still have a couple more to focus on.

That's part of the forums purpose etc.

Did I ever once state people were complaining since UC2 or that problems from UC2 MP were carried over to both UC3 & TLOU, seems i'm not the one not grasping the point here if the developer doesn't learn or continue to make the same mistakes over & over what kinda reactions do you expect from some members of the community? 

So posting sarcastic yet truthful comments equates to them not being postive? What do you expect them to say? 'Always aim, don't use cheap tactics, stay away from the Power Weapons'? lol The game is brutal on new players something you should know all about so why not tell them the truth while cracking a joke at the games expense? 

The game is broken = Broken mechanics BUT i'm sure we've stated countless times we still love UC3, that TLOU vs UC3 threads is proof, so excuse us for being honest about the game while giving it props when deserved.

Yah Bye.

Message 62 of 77 (321 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13851 posts

Jul 6, 2013

If we are bringing it to the forums again and again, obviously the issue has not been resolved.

Plus I'm not complaining about the playability of the game, even though they did butcher the G-MAL for no reason at all apart from the M9 crowd not liking it.

But that isn't a complaint I'm focusing on.

The treasure system is the complaint I have, it has never been addressed, the issue has never been looked at nor attempted to be fixed.

Rare treasures in competitive are not even rare. I had all those in the first release week apart from Talbots FAL.

The "rare treasure" is in Arena and Hunter which are boarderline glitched, bugged or totally unacceptable to expect the player to get.

Needs a fix badly. Has needed a fix since November 2011.

Message 63 of 77 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
376 posts

Jul 7, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
What I'm gathering from Gruber, is that all Arena treasures have the same drop chance. He only increased the overall drop rate. Personally, I have noticed a huge drop rate increase in Arena. I've only played 3 Arena games, but I've collected a ton of treasures, 2 of which I still needed.

I also gathered that there ARE rare treasures in Adventure and Competitive modes, and the odds of those rare treasures dropping has been increased. I can also attest to that being true. I know I've already mentioned this, but I've helped several people get certain skeleton treasures they needed in Adventure since last night. And it's been a breeze. Never had to play through a level more than twice yet.

As far as Competitive modes, I've received 6 different treasures that each were the last to a set, within 8 games total. Treasures that I've been looking for, for some time now. Yes, I'm nerdy enough to keep track.

I appreciate the gesture and work still being put into this game. Yeah it's not perfect. No game is. And sure, there are more major issues we wish would be fixed, but most if not all of them aren't simple fixes.

People constantly talk about how broken this game is. And I get their points, but, to this day, I still have never had an issue finding players for any game mode, at any time of day/night. So, in the sense of how successful this game has been, I wouldn't call it broken. And if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Especially if a lot of the larger fixes would temporarily dismantle the game and possibly create larger problems.

And what I'm gathering from what you just posted is that you aren't down to 1 or 2 treasures left yet...

When you get to that point with the co-op treasures, trying to get them in co-op arena can take years..

I got all treasures on this account, then started a new account and got all but 2 treasures within 2 weeks time, and I didn't even play that much, but since then I haven't gotten the last 2 I ''needed'' to get. (<--- Just to show your comment is invalid)

And nobody ever complained about competitive treasures, you can get those easy enough with treasure hunter and in team deathmatch and classic they can even use tickets to increase their chances even more.. and as they aren't a problem to get to begin with, of course you will get them even more easily with increased drop rates...

The only problem existing is that trying to get the last treasures in co-op arena takes ages, and that trying to get them in hunter  

is nearly impossible seeing how that gamemode is full of quiters (no host migration) , and that hunter still doesn't guarantee that you will get the treasure you want within reasonable time.

Message 64 of 77 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I had the Cat Ears first day the game came out. Lol

Game is broken.

ND need to fix it. I noticed parts of TLOU were broken.. So I sold the game, now someone will have it cheap and ND will get NOTHING.

We were gonna buy two if the game was great.. Turned out we got one and noticed how bad it was.

ND fix your games.

Starting with the one thats been broken for 3 years.

Yeah, the game is broken, but do you want to waste 1000 hours in Co-op Arena or 100 hours in Co-op Hunter?

If ND were smart, they would just increase the rare drop rate in Shade and call it a day. Happy players + monetization = WIN

Since ND is not that smart, the smart choice is to play Hunter with a friend. Smiley Wink

I fear I'd go insane after 10 hours of Hunter.

All that quitting going on and stopping any progress.

I'd take the Shade thing. It's bad, but it's a lot better than Hunter.

I was forced to play a whole game with some friends and I can honestly say that I was ready to blow my brains out. Treasures just about never drop, and the ones that do drop are the ones which I've already gotten a million times. I'd honestly rather play Arena and make it fun. Like play Oasis with only the FAL or something like that.

Bang Bang!

Message 65 of 77 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

SonGaton wrote:

Finally a new Update! How long I waited for an U3 Event!? I thougt U3 is dead after releasing THE LAST OF US...

So I'm looking for a Partner to farm Treasures for Donut Drake!

By the way, what is with Block Mesh Map 8? It should be there sience 2th July... You have to now that BMM8 is the best Block Mesh Map! You can play with every Weapon! You can snipe, you can rock with G-Mal or FAL-SS or have good 1-on-1 with M9! ...or KAL-7. But KAL-7 is stupid... 

The lab calender is wrong you should just ignore it.

And I beg to differ BMM #8 is horrible it's a big camp fest with snipers, everyone camps at the top on both sides & there is no way to flank them & then its justs horrible for CQC as well.

I'm not sure which one it was but the map which got me hooked was either 4 or 5. It was the one where at the bottom, there was the Hammer in the middle and a T-Bolt at one side and on the top level there was a Mag or two. I used to love that map but then again I didn't know what I was doing so I just ran around with Rameses' KAL ._.

But if it does come back I'll definitely enjoy FAL'ing there.

That's #5, which is Blindfire paradise sunce Cog made it lol, but i'd take it over BMM #2 at this point. BMM #4 is the better bigger version of BMM #1.

BMM #8 is just a mess, it's a campers paradise.

Here are all the labs to refresh ya memory Smiley Happy

BMM's

I would love to play #4, #7 (The Hotel) & #9 again with some friends who didn't get to experience them.

Oh yeah, I remembered all of these. I loved 4, 7, 9 and 10.

4 is where I first picked up the Sniper, 7 is where I learnt how to aim all the way across the map with an AK and get a kill within 4-5 seconds (I can't do that anymore, not with an AK anyway -.-), unfortunately 9 came out just before I went on holidays so I only got to play it twice. But I do remember that was the one where I learnt how to use the FAL (not efficiently) and 10 was where I got better at my quickscoping and quickly shooting people at long range from that bridge. On top of that I also practiced with the FAL some more.

I admit, 8 just shouldn't have been made. Back in the days when I had no dignity, I used to camp in the fortress on the left side (if facing the fortress) where you could get up from the side or go all the way around. If I was to play that again, I'd probably use a G-MAL or M9. Not open enough for a FAL and not that many long range areas for a sniper.

5 would've explained Cog making it. I played with him once during BMM #10 I think and all he did was blindfire the KAL. Gotta love that feeling of repeatedly headshotting a creator in the head twice. Anyway, as I said before, ALL the options which have been in the Lab (SAS/Mag, Crushing (which I owned at #Kinda ;3), all the BMM) and then we can freely choose between the two that come up. It's not like they only have two maps a week in other competitive modes.

Also, there are all those new BMM. They should've released them BEFORE The Last of Us. A majority of people left for that game and that was their biggest mistake yet. Creating something only to have it blow up in their face (not the first time). They should still release it but know that next time, be more efficient with their time. And seriously, whoever invented dodgeball deserves a punch to the face with a baseball bat. This is a SHOOTER. Aiming a gun and throwing nades everywhere isn't shooting. It's like an icey and a slurpee. Some people might think it's fine because they're kinda the same but they're not. They're two separate things.

Bang Bang!

Message 66 of 77 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

5 was actually the best map.

I didn't hipfire on it either Smiley Happy

2 is for hipfire only.

Are 1 and 4 the same map?

I liked 3 too.. that was nice.

I mainly FAL on 2. Don't know where you got that hipfire thing from Smiley Tongue

1 and 4 are kinda the same but it's almost like they rotated the middle building, added smaller buildings on the outside, removed a lot of the obstacles to make it more open and added more high spots for campers. 3 was definitely fun. You can snipe, FAL, G-MAL or run around with an M9 or KAL. It's perfect for all guns.

Bang Bang!

Message 67 of 77 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 8, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

SonGaton wrote:

Finally a new Update! How long I waited for an U3 Event!? I thougt U3 is dead after releasing THE LAST OF US...

By the way, what is with Block Mesh Map 8? It should be there sience 2th July... You have to now that BMM8 is the best Block Mesh Map! You can play with every Weapon! You can snipe, you can rock with G-Mal or FAL-SS or have good 1-on-1 with M9! ...or KAL-7. But KAL-7 is stupid... 

And I beg to differ BMM #8 is horrible it's a big camp fest with snipers, everyone camps at the top on both sides & there is no way to flank them & then its justs horrible for CQC as well.

I'm not sure which one it was but the map which got me hooked was either 4 or 5. It was the one where at the bottom, there was the Hammer in the middle and a T-Bolt at one side and on the top level there was a Mag or two. I used to love that map but then again I didn't know what I was doing so I just ran around with Rameses' KAL ._.

That's #5, which is Blindfire paradise sunce Cog made it lol, but i'd take it over BMM #2 at this point. BMM #4 is the better bigger version of BMM #1.

BMM's

I would love to play #4, #7 (The Hotel) & #9 again with some friends who didn't get to experience them.

4 is where I first picked up the Sniper, 7 is where I learnt how to aim all the way across the map with an AK and get a kill within 4-5 seconds (I can't do that anymore, not with an AK anyway -.-), unfortunately 9 came out just before I went on holidays so I only got to play it twice. But I do remember that was the one where I learnt how to use the FAL (not efficiently) and 10 was where I got better at my quickscoping and quickly shooting people at long range from that bridge. On top of that I also practiced with the FAL some more.

I admit, 8 just shouldn't have been made. Back in the days when I had no dignity, I used to camp in the fortress on the left side (if facing the fortress) where you could get up from the side or go all the way around. If I was to play that again, I'd probably use a G-MAL or M9. Not open enough for a FAL and not that many long range areas for a sniper.

5 would've explained Cog making it. I played with him once during BMM #10 I think and all he did was blindfire the KAL. Gotta love that feeling of repeatedly headshotting a creator in the head twice. Anyway, as I said before, ALL the options which have been in the Lab (SAS/Mag, Crushing (which I owned at #Kinda ;3), all the BMM) and then we can freely choose between the two that come up. It's not like they only have two maps a week in other competitive modes.

Also, there are all those new BMM. They should've released them BEFORE The Last of Us. A majority of people left for that game and that was their biggest mistake yet. Creating something only to have it blow up in their face (not the first time). They should still release it but know that next time, be more efficient with their time. And seriously, whoever invented dodgeball deserves a punch to the face with a baseball bat. This is a SHOOTER. Aiming a gun and throwing nades everywhere isn't shooting. It's like an icey and a slurpee. Some people might think it's fine because they're kinda the same but they're not. They're two separate things.

#4 is the map that made me love Eddy's AK, I always did well with that gun on that map plus it's just a really balanced map, it reminded me a map from Assassin's Creed MP. 

I loved #9 it's like a mash up of Fort & Sanctuary. 

I hated #10 though it felt waaaaay too cluttered & plus back then I didn't master the art of blindfiring so I was that one fool aiming constantly lol. 

As for Dodge Ball as much as I hate it now because of lag, it was a breath of fresh air for the game back in January I remember how fun it was the first two days everyone playing for fun, plus everyone even the try hards were equal since we didn't master the game-play yet. Plus the lab is suppose experiment with game-play Dodge Ball showed how that ND could do great innovative things with UC3 if they really wanted to.

Message 68 of 77 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

SonGaton wrote:

BMM's

#4 is the map that made me love Eddy's AK, I always did well with that gun on that map plus it's just a really balanced map, it reminded me a map from Assassin's Creed MP. 

I loved #9 it's like a mash up of Fort & Sanctuary. 

I hated #10 though it felt waaaaay too cluttered & plus back then I didn't master the art of blindfiring so I was that one fool aiming constantly lol. 

As for Dodge Ball as much as I hate it now because of lag, it was a breath of fresh air for the game back in January I remember how fun it was the first two days everyone playing for fun, plus everyone even the try hards were equal since we didn't master the game-play yet. Plus the lab is suppose experiment with game-play Dodge Ball showed how that ND could do great innovative things with UC3 if they really wanted to.

How about throwing gas canisters instead? At least you have to shoot them.

Bang Bang!

Message 69 of 77 (208 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Lili, you ramble on like a girl. Just sayin.
Message 70 of 77 (197 Views)
0 Likes