Welcoming Committee
13041 posts

Re: Update 1.17.008

Jul 5, 2013

Well. I like the M9 or AK. which were pretty good on 5.

Sniping was a big no. G-MAL was doable if you inhabited one of the top corners.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 77 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

5 was actually the best map.

I didn't hipfire on it either :smileyhappy:

2 is for hipfire only.

Are 1 and 4 the same map?

I liked 3 too.. that was nice.

5 The best Map?? You trolling? lol :smileytongue:

I used G-Mal on that map but I guess I just didn't have any luck with that map everyone used a KAL 7 & Boosters & Kickbacks were turned off if I remembered correctly so there was alot of PW spamming, plus the suicide rate was high on the map lol. 

Nah I mostly Aim on 2 but it's indeed a hipfire Map.

Basically #4 is a refined version of #1 but bigger... it's made by the same person but IMO it's one of the best BMM's.

3 is great but those horrible spawn points man.

But for me every BMM is good except #8 & #10.

I honestly prefered Lab Map 10, for whatever reason every time I play that map I get at least 1 Five Not Alive, And I played it all week. :smileylol:

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 77 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
366 posts

Jul 5, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

We've just uploaded a rare treasure drop weekend. All Co-op and Competitive rare treasures will now appear more often! The Lab Playlist has also been updated to Lab Maps 1, 2 and Dodgeball. Enjoy!

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_supply_drop_and_uncharted_3_rare_treasure_drop_ju...

Haha, nice contradiction going on here...

MacGruber310 wrote:

Technically there are no "rare" treasures in Co-op Arena, meaning some treasures have a lower chance to drop than others. All treasures have an equal chance to drop in that mode so the treasure you haven't gotten yet seems "rare" to you. I simply increased the chance that a treasure will drop every time you kill an NPC. I cannot control if a duplicate treasure drops nor can I detect which treasure you specifically need. There is still an amount of randomness, but you should get a lot more treasures (especially in Crushing). There are definitely rare treasures in Co-op Adventure and competitive, and those percentages were definitely increased.

In other words: Enjoy your regular treasures with the now exposed placebo effect...

If they  only increase the amount of treasure / enemies killed ratio, and can't change the actual rarity of treasures, all of the ''rare treasure weekends'' didn't have any effect.

Yes, you may stumble upon your long lost treasure sooner, but that was probably about to happen anyway..

If a rare treasure has 0.5% chance of dropping, and the droprates have been doubled for all treasures, it will still have the same rarity as before...

And that's where the smart title of the weekends come in place: The ''rare'' isn't an adjective of ''treasure'' but it's an adjective for weekend, seeing how they occur 1.5 times a year..

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 77 (162 Views)
Sackboy
366 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Thanks for clarifying though MacGruber, now I know not to hope for rare treasures to drop, and just enjoy my Uncharted 3 weekend. 

And when that's over, Uncharted 3 goes back on the shelf to start an epic adventure. (Something along the lines: ''gathering" and ''dust''. )

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 77 (159 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13041 posts

Jul 5, 2013

There is no weekend if the treasure thing is a placebo.

I always said it was though and people were like... Noooo I got treasures.. Yeah. I told them so.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 77 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
442 posts

Jul 5, 2013

IzunaShisui wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

We've just uploaded a rare treasure drop weekend. All Co-op and Competitive rare treasures will now appear more often! The Lab Playlist has also been updated to Lab Maps 1, 2 and Dodgeball. Enjoy!

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/the_last_of_us_supply_drop_and_uncharted_3_rare_treasure_drop_ju...

MacGruber310 wrote:

Technically there are no "rare" treasures in Co-op Arena, meaning some treasures have a lower chance to drop than others. All treasures have an equal chance to drop in that mode so the treasure you haven't gotten yet seems "rare" to you. I simply increased the chance that a treasure will drop every time you kill an NPC. I cannot control if a duplicate treasure drops nor can I detect which treasure you specifically need. There is still an amount of randomness, but you should get a lot more treasures (especially in Crushing). There are definitely rare treasures in Co-op Adventure and competitive, and those percentages were definitely increased.

In other words: Enjoy your regular treasures with the now exposed placebo effect...

If they  only increase the amount of treasure / enemies killed ratio, and can't change the actual rarity of treasures, all of the ''rare treasure weekends'' didn't have any effect.

Yes, you may stumble upon your long lost treasure sooner, but that was probably about to happen anyway..

If a rare treasure has 0.5% chance of dropping, and the droprates have been doubled for all treasures, it will still have the same rarity as before...

And that's where the smart title of the weekends come in place: The ''rare'' isn't an adjective of ''treasure'' but it's an adjective for weekend, seeing how they occur 1.5 times a year..

I don't think you read my post correctly. All treasures in Co-op Arena have the same chance to drop, therefore they are all rare or common or however you choose to word it. If you've gotten all but 1 or 2 treasures in all of Co-op Arena, then those 2 treasures "feel" like they are rare when their % drop rate is the same as all other treasures. I came on here to explain this system a little and let everyone know that I'm doing the best that I can with the system that is in place. Like I explained, I cannot detect what treasure you need out of a set. The best I can do with Arena treasures is increase the overall drop rate, and I have, significantly. There is no contradiction in my posts, all Co-op rare treasures will appear more often.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 77 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13041 posts

Jul 5, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

IzunaShisui wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

I don't think you read my post correctly. All treasures in Co-op Arena have the same chance to drop, therefore they are all rare or common or however you choose to word it. If you've gotten all but 1 or 2 treasures in all of Co-op Arena, then those 2 treasures "feel" like they are rare when their % drop rate is the same as all other treasures. I came on here to explain this system a little and let everyone know that I'm doing the best that I can with the system that is in place. Like I explained, I cannot detect what treasure you need out of a set. The best I can do with Arena treasures is increase the overall drop rate, and I have, significantly. There is no contradiction in my posts, all Co-op rare treasures will appear more often.

How about...

Every kill is a drop day?

I'm pretty much qualified to speak for those who haven't got all the treasures yet. Combined those players are over a few million hours.

I wish I was joking when I say that.. Because to expect that kind of milage is asking way too much of players.

At this stage we have earned these treasures over 100 times over. The system has never worked right and we need a way out.

Patch that gives all treasures? Micro-transactions? It doesn't matter how it's done as long as it doesn't turn co-op into a chore like it has done. At the point of 2+ years hunting for treasure there it cannot possibly be still fun.

It is safe to say that the system in place ruined co-op's replayability since no one is playing it for fun anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 77 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 6, 2013

The programmer who coded the treasure algorithm needs to be laid off or at the very least, he should not touch UC4 MP's code with a ten-foot pole.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 77 (131 Views)
Wastelander
559 posts

Jul 6, 2013
^^ Lol XD
The grinch cartoon came to mind as i read the pole comment.

The way they handled many things are frustrating like the treasures which i quit caring about looong ago.

But i still think the way they handled dlc maps is unethical, i mean we spent our money on that not just hours willingly...
Talk about misleading :/
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 77 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13041 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Silver-Knight47 wrote:
^^ Lol XD
The grinch cartoon came to mind as i read the pole comment.

The way they handled many things are frustrating like the treasures which i quit caring about looong ago.

But i still think the way they handled dlc maps is unethical, i mean we spent our money on that not just hours willingly...
Talk about misleading :/

Nah the hours are pretty unwilling. The promise of unlockables or trophies is lure. We live in a must have society now.

If people see something they want, they must have it.

It's ND's job not to stop people.

Surely infuriating your players isn't the way to do things.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 77 (112 Views)
0 Likes