Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Re: Update 1.17.008

Jul 6, 2013
What I'm gathering from Gruber, is that all Arena treasures have the same drop chance. He only increased the overall drop rate. Personally, I have noticed a huge drop rate increase in Arena. I've only played 3 Arena games, but I've collected a ton of treasures, 2 of which I still needed.

I also gathered that there ARE rare treasures in Adventure and Competitive modes, and the odds of those rare treasures dropping has been increased. I can also attest to that being true. I know I've already mentioned this, but I've helped several people get certain skeleton treasures they needed in Adventure since last night. And it's been a breeze. Never had to play through a level more than twice yet.

As far as Competitive modes, I've received 6 different treasures that each were the last to a set, within 8 games total. Treasures that I've been looking for, for some time now. Yes, I'm nerdy enough to keep track.

I appreciate the gesture and work still being put into this game. Yeah it's not perfect. No game is. And sure, there are more major issues we wish would be fixed, but most if not all of them aren't simple fixes.

People constantly talk about how broken this game is. And I get their points, but, to this day, I still have never had an issue finding players for any game mode, at any time of day/night. So, in the sense of how successful this game has been, I wouldn't call it broken. And if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Especially if a lot of the larger fixes would temporarily dismantle the game and possibly create larger problems.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 77 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 6, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
What I'm gathering from Gruber, is that all Arena treasures have the same drop chance. He only increased the overall drop rate. Personally, I have noticed a huge drop rate increase in Arena. I've only played 3 Arena games, but I've collected a ton of treasures, 2 of which I still needed.

I also gathered that there ARE rare treasures in Adventure and Competitive modes, and the odds of those rare treasures dropping has been increased. I can also attest to that being true. I know I've already mentioned this, but I've helped several people get certain skeleton treasures they needed in Adventure since last night. And it's been a breeze. Never had to play through a level more than twice yet.

As far as Competitive modes, I've received 6 different treasures that each were the last to a set, within 8 games total. Treasures that I've been looking for, for some time now. Yes, I'm nerdy enough to keep track.

I appreciate the gesture and work still being put into this game. Yeah it's not perfect. No game is. And sure, there are more major issues we wish would be fixed, but most if not all of them aren't simple fixes.

People constantly talk about how broken this game is. And I get their points, but, to this day, I still have never had an issue finding players for any game mode, at any time of day/night. So, in the sense of how successful this game has been, I wouldn't call it broken. And if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Especially if a lot of the larger fixes would temporarily dismantle the game and possibly create larger problems.

You must take into consideration people don't complain because they simply want to about the treasure system it is broken, why are people who's had the game since launch still hunting for treasures? It's luck based in Arena in Adventure it's different you can grind & there are loop holes in the system in that mode.

What is this work & gesture being put into the game you speak of? Most of these 'probs' that needs fixing has been present since the Beta & launch... some were present from UC2.

The game is broken but not unplayable, but it needs to be fixed but obviously technical fixes stopped with patch 1.15... if you were around from the beginning pretty sure you wouldn't have typed that last paragraph.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 77 (230 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Can I just please get my Copper Newari Figure treasure again? Nearly a year since I had the treasure and was reset, I still have to spend some ungodly amount of hours just trying to obtain this piece again. Just this piece is all that's left and I can finally reclaim my 100% trophy progress. :/

Message 53 of 77 (224 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Jul 6, 2013
I've been around from the beginning, mainly just played co-op tho until my ps3 was stolen. Regardless, I'm well aware of the issues people are talking about, along with when they originated.

My point is that they are doing the treasure weekend, updating lab playlist, etc. If they didn't want to do any of that, they wouldn't have to. That's a nice gesture, and a way of saying "we still care about you uc3 players."

I'm taking advantage of the weekend, rather than complaining about its imperfections. Just now, I got done stomping in a game of TDM. First TDM game since the weekend started, and it unlocked another set.

I'm happy. But then again, when I'm given something, I try to appreciate it. Rather than being like, "it's not good enoughhhhhhh! I'm not getting enough treasures blahhhh!"
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 77 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
503 posts

Jul 6, 2013

nationm04 wrote:

Thank you for the sensible, thoughtful reply. I appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 77 (214 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Jul 6, 2013
Actually, I just noticed I unlocked another set in a game of 3tdm. So it's been pretty much every game so far.
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 77 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 6, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
I've been around from the beginning, mainly just played co-op tho until my ps3 was stolen. Regardless, I'm well aware of the issues people are talking about, along with when they originated.

My point is that they are doing the treasure weekend, updating lab playlist, etc. If they didn't want to do any of that, they wouldn't have to. That's a nice gesture, and a way of saying "we still care about you uc3 players."

I'm taking advantage of the weekend, rather than complaining about its imperfections. Just now, I got done stomping in a game of TDM. First TDM game since the weekend started, and it unlocked another set.

I'm happy. But then again, when I'm given something, I try to appreciate it. Rather than being like, "it's not good enoughhhhhhh! I'm not getting enough treasures blahhhh!"

I'm talking about forum/ community activity but i'm sure you knew that.

LOL The rare treasure drop week was planned from last year they do a special event on every holiday, besides they couldn't do an event for TLOU only for obvious reasons. As for updating the Lab, rotating the same 3 maps multiple times so far this year even though they promised new maps? 

And that's good for you actually I don't see anyone here trying to rain on your treasure hunting parade but as I said the people who complain about treasure have their reason why... Pot . Kettle. Black.

Spare me that crap since ND has not given us anything to 'appreciate'.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 77 (208 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Jul 6, 2013
I know that no one is going to rain on my parade, they couldn't anyway. My point is that most of the threads around here are people complaining.

They play the game, then complain. Then continue playing, while still continuing to complain.

So then ND gives us a bonus over the weekend. And what do most people do? Instead of being like, "cool, better than nothing", they find reasons to complain. Even about a bonus.

"But these were things that were already promised to us."

I understand. I've unintentionally made false promises in my life too. Everyone has short comings. Things don't always go as planned. ND had to push back TLoU release date in order to have it 100% before it shipped out. Like I said, things don't always go as planned.

For weeks many people have said ND doesn't care/has forgotten completely about uc3 players. This isn't true. And it's a nice gesture to show us it isn't true.

"But if we don't complain, ND will never fix anything.

They have all the feedback they need without our conplaining. There are people who are excellent at finding and reporting back problems/glitches.

As far as the bonus weekend goes, complaining about it won't make it better. Maybe if we act like we appreciate it, they'll do stuff for us more often. If we complain about every little move they make, eventually they're actually gonna be like, "maybe it's better to just not touch this anymore."
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 77 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

Yep. Hunter will definitely net you way more rare drops if you're playing this event. I managed to get the rare for Drake's Cap again and... COPPER NEWARI FIGURE. I never thought I'd see this piece again since that piece is so goddamn rare. I played solo and just kept killing the human players and ignored the idols. Most of the time, I lost my partner so I wasn't bummed about it much (so many quitters on both ends, smh) since that gave me a better chance to hog the chests and kill. Just keep playing. I must have gotten so many duplicate rares playing Hunter tonight.

With that... I AM FREE AT LAST. Finally, I'm at 100% again with trophies. I'm now missing 3 stat hat sets (1 Plunder, 1 Elimination, and 1 3TDM), but I'll get them in due time. I don't have to play this piece of **bleep** mode ever again!

Message 59 of 77 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
I know that no one is going to rain on my parade, they couldn't anyway. My point is that most of the threads around here are people complaining.

They play the game, then complain. Then continue playing, while still continuing to complain.

So then ND gives us a bonus over the weekend. And what do most people do? Instead of being like, "cool, better than nothing", they find reasons to complain. Even about a bonus.

"But these were things that were already promised to us."

I understand. I've unintentionally made false promises in my life too. Everyone has short comings. Things don't always go as planned. ND had to push back TLoU release date in order to have it 100% before it shipped out. Like I said, things don't always go as planned.

For weeks many people have said ND doesn't care/has forgotten completely about uc3 players. This isn't true. And it's a nice gesture to show us it isn't true.

"But if we don't complain, ND will never fix anything.

They have all the feedback they need without our conplaining. There are people who are excellent at finding and reporting back problems/glitches.

As far as the bonus weekend goes, complaining about it won't make it better. Maybe if we act like we appreciate it, they'll do stuff for us more often. If we complain about every little move they make, eventually they're actually gonna be like, "maybe it's better to just not touch this anymore."

Most of what threads?  because I hardly see anyone complaining anymore & unless I missed the 'complaining' in this thread which I took as a few select individuals expressing their dismay at the treasure system & not so much complaining about this rare treasure drop event but of-course I could be 'wrongfully jumping to a conclusion' Eh? 

As do you we all play the game & complain then go right back to playing... are we playing Devils Advocate now? :smileywink:

Again who are these 'MOST' people you speak of? I've seen more people happy on here about this event than anything, stop over-exaggerating & making up BS dude.

LOL ND is a business, they have paying consumers, do you think they've only lied about the Block Mesh Maps??  What about the UC3 season Pass?, What about the 1 year UC3 anniversary event, What about selling DLC that doesn't work even after promising to fix them? The glorious patch 1.17 that turned out to not be a patch at all? lol.. I could list tons more so when you see people calling ND out you must realize there is a cause & effect to it. As for TLOU it was delayed for a month more than likely the delay was done to clean up & censor the European version so it could get approved. 

Realy is that why they still cant patch bugs that were present from UC2 that are now present in TLOU?? Because they are so excellent at finding them yet every time their response is 'We've been unable to replicate this bug/glitch' so it's hard for us to fix'.

Take a look here still unresolved

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Please-read-if-spinning-ring-di...

And again please point me in the direction of this mass complaining you speak of because I must be blind to 'BS'.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 77 (171 Views)