Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

scootgar wrote:

This used to be a top-class game, no matter the mode you played.    It no longer is.

It never was.

I only remember kill/treasure farming in objective modes and tryhards exploiting the sheet out of every single flavor-of-the-month weapon/booster/kickback that were overpowered. Objective modes? Even worse; teams of 5 "pro" with 4-0 abusing newbies or bad players by keeping the last treasure away and killfarming those poor idiots who tried to get it.

Don't fool yourself, every single playlist is filled with idiotic people, and it will ever be.

Only time Uncharted multiplayer has been a top-class game is pre-1.05 Uncharted 2. Simple, balanced, rewarding, entertaining and classy. Best PS3 multiplayer to date. Too bad they screw it and turned it into pure crap.

Get used to it and you'll suffer less.

Message 21 of 187 (569 Views)
Survivor
2677 posts

Sep 1, 2012
Message 22 of 187 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
226 posts

Sep 1, 2012

The introduction of new legacies and trophies have ruined these modes. They are no longer that enjoyable to me and I'm a huge Objective player. Plunder is at its worst.

Message 23 of 187 (530 Views)
Big Daddy
16325 posts

Sep 1, 2012

OK, so numbers to back it up.

15 games, and I used:

M-9, No Power Weapons, Fewer Grenades, Cash'em In.

Average k:d -  9.57 : 7.14

Average game time: 4 minutes 25 seconds.  ( 4.42 minutes.)

Average experience/cash: $25, 128

Average cash/exp per minute of game time: $5, 900

I only won one of those, and went negative in 5.

But the perception seems to be that there's far easier cash in Plunder.  The idea is probably that it also doesn't affect kdr.

There's no reason to pay out such lareg rewards for non-Objective achievements.   There's no reason to let this remain the way it is.

I understand that the majority of the gamers play TDM, and changes to the system are really changes to THAT portion.   But this is not something new.  Changes to the TDM/cash/earnings/reward system are prone to abuse in Objective modes.  Now, do something about it.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 24 of 187 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

Sep 1, 2012

scootgar wrote:

Here's the idiotic thing.

People who want a faster rate of return should play other modes.

I've just come from playing a series of Free For All matches in the DLC pool.    I can't shoot very well, everyone knows this.  I came close a couple times, but didn't win any games, but:

I just averaged $17, 000 a game, over the series of 8 or so games.   Using negative boosters and cash'em in.   The average game time was 5 minutes.

That's a ridiculous earnings rate, far better than you can do in Plunder, where dragging a game on for 20 minutes caps you at $50, 000.

And ND, Plunder's cheap enough.  Did you really have to put more power weapons on the Lost City map?

incorrect.  speed plunder is the way to go.   with the 2x cash weekend upon us you can earn $50,000 in a 4 or 5 minute plunder game running Sugar Buddy+ Bargain+Cash Em In.  Why spend 7 or 8 minutes for $17k in FFA when I can get $50k in 5 minutes in Plunder?

If you see people farming in plunder it's strictly for levelling boosters, not money.  If they just wanted money they would run Sugar Buddy+Bargain+Cash Em In and finish the game in 5 minutes with their 50K so they could move onto play another quick game for a quick 50k.

Message 25 of 187 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16325 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

lEvilDeadl wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Here's the idiotic thing.

People who want a faster rate of return should play other modes.

I've just come from playing a series of Free For All matches in the DLC pool.    I can't shoot very well, everyone knows this.  I came close a couple times, but didn't win any games, but:

I just averaged $17, 000 a game, over the series of 8 or so games.   Using negative boosters and cash'em in.   The average game time was 5 minutes.

That's a ridiculous earnings rate, far better than you can do in Plunder, where dragging a game on for 20 minutes caps you at $50, 000.

And ND, Plunder's cheap enough.  Did you really have to put more power weapons on the Lost City map?

incorrect.  speed plunder is the way to go.   with the 2x cash weekend upon us you can earn $50,000 in a 4 or 5 minute plunder game running Sugar Buddy+ Bargain+Cash Em In.  Why spend 7 or 8 minutes for $17k in FFA when I can get $50k in 5 minutes in Plunder?

If you see people farming in plunder it's strictly for levelling boosters, not money.  If they just wanted money they would run Sugar Buddy+Bargain+Cash Em In and finish the game in 5 minutes with their 50K so they could move onto play another quick game for a quick 50k.

Evil, you're not reading me right.

I know about speed Plunder, I did the thread on the earnings of winning versus losing teams in UC2 after UC2.1.09.  (The so-called Haves and Have-Nots.)  This is not that.  This is purposefully extending or drawing out matches to earn cash from the Medals system, to make ground on the new levels.  Or to raise boosters from medals that require long games to get sets of 3 or 5 'things'.

People are running the cash boostesr, or the Treasure boostesr.  One heinous guy this morning had a BoH in slot one, and Gold Treasure Hunter in slot 2, with Cash'em'In.  30, 000 kills, and 12 Plunder Captures.   Oops.

More importantly, where do the vast majority of random players or two-man teams get Speed Plunder wins?  And if one side's racking up the money in 5, what happens to the other?

No, people are  farming in Plunder.   They're using Money Boosters, to reap from their buddy, to multiply their earnings.

They're not farming the KILLS, they're farming the MEDALS.  A kill will net you $25, but a Cash'em'In Drop It gets $1000.

These aren't coordinated teams, we're talking about the general populace. 

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 26 of 187 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Hielke6991 wrote:

I agree, There is just too much stuff to get besides the idol. All those things disract people. And one of the things I think that will make it better is to change Cloacked's medals from 20 assassin's to 60 Oh Snap! medals. Cloacked is the booster I see most people farm for in Plunder. But it countsfor any booster (Besides Beast mode of course) some medals make you do stuff 3 or 5 times. And I understand its frustrating when you miss 1 of the 5 actions. Trophies don't make it better too. Now people kill like crazy and taunt all day for their trophies.

I think what we need is a "Super Team Deathmatch" A 5vs5 mode that is exactly the same as TDM but than with a kill goal of 100, 150 or 200 kills. Or a time-based goal of 15 or 20 minutes with an unlimited kill-goal. I think that would make it better since you play a normal kill-based game but have all the time you need to get Assassin's, Long Rangers and other medals. You also can get rampants and 5NA medals and you would get normal cash. And stats would count.

This mode would fix a lot. But of course people will still farm for plunder treasures. In my opinion there is no fix for that.

'Super Team Deathmatch' a mode where it has a unlimited kill limit, no time limit, but you can quit in and out for free, I would love it. NO KDR counted, and no cash limit. Then it would be perfect.

Message 27 of 187 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

Sep 1, 2012

I agree 100% after playing against you an couple of times I have too say your group and Honey Assassin group are the only 5 player group that DON'T farm.I'm an Lone Wolf and when I come across these farm groups its funny as hell.They really think they are pwning someone and showing that they are the best too me they are just of bunch of scrubs that run together thats all.

Message 28 of 187 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

Sep 1, 2012

Plunder can be fun unless you find yourself like me, stuck in a 20 minutes TDM and people killing you for picking up the idol.

One hell of a Co-op Medic

PSN ID: Pookah23
Message 29 of 187 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I personally do use Plunder to level up boosters like cloaked and weapon expert. That's not to say that I don't try playing it correctly. No matter what, I always try to go for the idol and such.

I just don't see how people can still manage to farm in plunder seeing as how it is still much faster to get cash in other modes. It also isn't to hard to level your boosters while playing the game correctly. I can get 2 assassin medal's, 3 if I'm lucky, per plunder match if I actually try for stealth while all the while constantly going for the idol in the first place.

I have farmed in plunder before(I felt dirty afterwords) and it was horrible money compared to a regular TDM that was half as long as I barely got the same amount of money in both modes.

The mode is fine as is to be quite honest, it is the players that need to be fixed.

photo Sniper.png
Message 30 of 187 (428 Views)
0 Likes