Wastelander
650 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

Sep 2, 2012

Scoot, why was it that at the begginning of our plunder match you helped me out with the idol, but after we hit 3 captures it just looked like you where kill farming instead of helping me with the idol?

I know you weren't kill farming but we could've won if you helped out. (We lost 5-3) Smiley Sad

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 31 of 187 (448 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

Sep 2, 2012

I personally think give a larger cash award to the person who scored the idol in the chest. Keep the total with those on the team of the scorer but give the scorer themselves 2-3 times the total of the Captured medal. That would probably add some incentive.

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 32 of 187 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7063 posts

Sep 2, 2012

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

I personally think give a larger cash award to the person who scored the idol in the chest. Keep the total with those on the team of the scorer but give the scorer themselves 2-3 times the total of the Captured medal. That would probably add some incentive.

Terrible idea. This just leads to team killing to be the person to score the idol. It's team based so that's why the biggest reward should be for team work and be awarded to the whole team.

Message 33 of 187 (440 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Sep 2, 2012

Make kills and assists 5$

Increase Captured medalmoney.

Decrease every other medal.

Thats it.

Wasn't Uncharted 2 like that too?

Message 34 of 187 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1436 posts

Sep 2, 2012

omg Scootgar you're back!

Message 35 of 187 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2496 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity

Sep 2, 2012

this will all go away shortly. it is just hte new levels. people will get to where they are going and it will go back to normal. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Message 36 of 187 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I don't play plunder as much as some other forumers, but even I can tell you that farming for Medals and farming for boosters is a MAJOR component of the modus operandi of a lot of players in that playlist.  I'll play some competitive only a few times a week and I prefer the Objective game types over the standard TDM. 

It has ALWAYS been the case that people abuse the Objective modes for money from medals and for ranking up boosters.  Especially in UC3.  It has only be magnified recently with addition of the new Legacies that came as part of update 1.13.

We've screamed about it before, so, we'll reiterate here:

- Remove or severly reduce the money that is made from racking up medals that are related to kills.  

- Pump up the medal money for Tip Offs and Captures to make sure that the winning teams makes more money than the kill farming, non-objective doing, teams.  

- Reintroduce the "That's Embarassing" medal for a 5-0 plunder win, but scale the payment for this medal to provide MORE money for winning 5-0 in under 5 minutes, with a seperate, yet healthy amount, for any 5-0 victory longer than 5 minutes.  Something like $15,000 for a Plunder 5-0 win in under 5 minutes, and $10,000 for any other 5-0 shutout victory. 

- Do NOT add objective medals worth significant money that are related to either holding or throwing the idol (to avoid the team-killing bullschlaca). 

What I do not undertand is how you can come up with solutions WAY BACK in UC2 Title Update 1.09, yet not implement similar stuff in the new version of plunder under UC3.  This along with a whole host of other important features and details that were somehow lost between the A-Team creation of UC2 and the B-Team creation of UC3.  What was you thinking NDI? 

Message 37 of 187 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Sep 2, 2012

scootgar wrote:

It used to be a game about scoring 5 Idols before the opposition.  It rarely is, any more.

Yep, it's a great way to level up your boosters and get some trophies..

Message 38 of 187 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity

Sep 2, 2012

lEvilDeadl wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Here's the idiotic thing.

People who want a faster rate of return should play other modes.

I've just come from playing a series of Free For All matches in the DLC pool.    I can't shoot very well, everyone knows this.  I came close a couple times, but didn't win any games, but:

I just averaged $17, 000 a game, over the series of 8 or so games.   Using negative boosters and cash'em in.   The average game time was 5 minutes.

That's a ridiculous earnings rate, far better than you can do in Plunder, where dragging a game on for 20 minutes caps you at $50, 000.

And ND, Plunder's cheap enough.  Did you really have to put more power weapons on the Lost City map?

incorrect.  speed plunder is the way to go.   with the 2x cash weekend upon us you can earn $50,000 in a 4 or 5 minute plunder game running Sugar Buddy+ Bargain+Cash Em In.  Why spend 7 or 8 minutes for $17k in FFA when I can get $50k in 5 minutes in Plunder?

If you see people farming in plunder it's strictly for levelling boosters, not money.  If they just wanted money they would run Sugar Buddy+Bargain+Cash Em In and finish the game in 5 minutes with their 50K so they could move onto play another quick game for a quick 50k.

Got to try this.

Message 39 of 187 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Sep 11, 2012
I think, to stop team killing, ND should make the idol carrier invincible to teammates grenades so that people cannot kill you when you are about to deliver the last idol.

It's unfair that teammates punish you for attempting to play the objective Smiley Sad

I dislike playing plunder with randoms, because I am always the only person to touch the idol.

And to anyone who says "remove unlucky from plunder"... I say no. If anything, that's one of the medals that reward you for going for the idol. I am fine with gettin extra cash.

Instead of removing unlucky, maybe add an unlucky toggle do that people who wang the extra cash can get it, and people who think that the unlucky medals make them noobs then they can toggle it off.

Same thing with hunter: unlucky medals fill up your medal count, which Can help you get a stronger villan... But if you are a good player, you will not get unluckies in hunter, which means that medal is not a problem.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 40 of 187 (312 Views)
0 Likes